Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, sorry for the hold up been a busy last day of vacation. Please forgive the pics, i’m In the middle of a home remodel and have no idea where my camera equipment is so phone pictures will have to suffice. Overall impression? I’ll be damned, they pulled it off. This is Nate from Creepshow, no denying it. The wear and aging of the suit matches the source material as does the head and hand sculpt. The tomb stone is a nice addition with tons of detail, really light weight which I didn’t expect. Nate himself looks great and as you can see from the pics he could hold the “cake” and stand without the support stand or kitchen tile base that comes with, although the feet were loose enough I wouldn’t trust leaving it like that for long. I guess my only gripe (besides the wait time) would be the new body. Not that anything is wrong with it, but to me it feels like one of those rubber bendable figures with wires in the arms and legs to bend. From the last few posts on their FB it looks like they did go with a similar system but with a lot thicker gauge wire which holds well and isn’t floppy. Looks like the way they designed it the figure should be poseable in all the normal expected places, just wondering how long the wire will hold up. In all honesty though I would imagine 99.9% of the people who ordered old Nate are planning displaying him in the same pose below so not a lot of articulation is required or a lot of wear and tear expected.
Overall a great Figure, top notch paint work and tailoring. After the long wait I find myself at a conundrum with this figure, as a lot of the excitement for it has gone. Worth the wait?! Depends, since I ordered it back in the day I cut down on much of my horror side of the collection, so now he doesn’t really fit much with my collection. If this is a Figure you are still hyped for however I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised if and when he shows up. Have faith, I’m just a schmo like everyone else here and have no connection to the company and here I am with mine. Hopefully these start rolling out sooner now? Anyway, here are a few photos to keep you going.
9D60896E-3D96-4A34-BA2F-C21CEECB2084.jpeg
9DA6829C-A8B9-4CC8-BB07-344B72A32BED.jpeg
CC16F104-A67D-4E3F-8737-44044848F989.jpeg
FADD64B5-63EF-4254-B7FE-11207CD294F6.jpeg
1BF64ACA-4797-4EAA-8FF7-BEF56035E3A9.jpeg
026348D2-F459-47EE-B1B1-97478AA57D98.jpeg
5F768E44-8038-4B20-81C3-7054360EF069.jpeg
2F929336-AFF0-48DA-AC04-46A0A22EF8EA.jpeg

So that's two in collectors hands that we know of... I haven't been following the updates on FB; but at last count I was near the front of the line but who knows what that means when they're trickling out so slowly.

News from an insider.... Looks like Brian is closing his doors and quitting the project(SHOCKER)... Here's what my source said "Hey Denis , Yes it sure does seem to be a dead project. I'm not sure why he still has the page up. He Posted he would do one refund a month and with over 300 orders, they would be waiting a very very long time."

Yeah 300 months divided by 12 months a year = 25 years !!! Hey I'll only be 89 when/if he ever decides to refund me :)

At this point he should sell/liquidate all the parts on ebay and allow people to potentially cobble their own together. Then use the money from said sales to refund people. It's a joke of epic proportions. So glad I got my refund after about 2 years. What a disappointment.

Just stumbled onto this thread. What a read. Made me sick. I've been scammed more than once so I know what it feels like.

Brian Dooley is nothing but a Scam Artist..... He owes me $113.00 or a figure but has told me because of my poor attitude (you know...waiting for almost 6 years and oddly enough, getting pissed off)....He informed me I will get nothing..... Ha... He's been giving me and hundreds of others that for 6 years now !...Plenty of NOTHING..... Karma will kick in soon enough....

Has he officially said he's given up the ghost on the project or is his plan just to ignore everyone for another 6 years and hope they all write this off and go away?

Things are changing on the facebook page. There has been no activity from Brian or anyone else running his page for over a month. And all the negative comments are no longer being deleted

What a horrible, horrible venture this turned out to be. Creepshow is really a deserving film to have figures from. All Dooley managed to accomplish was ticking off everyone from customers to customizers. Pretty dismal set of circumstances.

Things are changing on the facebook page. There has been no activity from Brian or anyone else running his page for over a month. And all the negative comments are no longer being deleted

I noticed. Some of the stuff on there is pretty salty,lol. He is probably hanging his head in shame, as he hasn't replied with any response at all whatsoever for a month.

Almost 2 Months and Someone just mentioned a Class Action Suit against Doolittle lol....
about time !

Judging from the lack of interest....my guess is Dooley successfully managed to do something the grave couldn't. Kill Nate Grantham,lol. No one seems to give a rat's patootie after all these years.

Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Hello Everyone-

I just want to put a rumor to rest here. We're not closing shop! We're not stopping production on anything! Figures are still being shipped... not as fast as I'd like but they're being shipped. Unless I say it here, unless you hear it directly from me then it's not true.

Just to clarify... I'm still producing and shipping Nathan Grantham Fathers Day figures. I'm very sorry for the confusion some trouble makers have caused you. I wouldn't dare pull the plug after the long wait you've gone through and the hard work I've put in to this project.

I'm still answering emails. I've replied to some. If I haven't gotten to you yet then I will soon. I'm producing a few more molds to get several Nathan bodies casted up at a time.
Thank you again for your patience!!

From Facebook.

Brian

Back