1/6 Article: Hot Toys 1/6th scale Suicide Squad Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm...not gonna lie, but when they did the head swap on the video, I actually kinda like it.
I still think the SS looks better, but the New head is actually not bad as an alternative.

I might try to pick up the head, and repaint the face with the messy, drippy runny mascara, and futz with the hair.

I kind of liked it swapped onto the other figure too. As long as you don't have the other sculpt right next to it, the teeth don't look too exaggerated. I wouldn't trust myself with the mascara, but I was thinking of trying to replicate the original's hair style (pigtails with some loose strands in front). Not sure if the doll hair will look good with her high pigtails - thinking it might end up looking more like Baby Doll's hairdo.

PD1338977541p5W.jpg

Re: 1/6th scale Harley Quinn (Dancer Dress Version)

This figure is very eye catching. I may pick it up on discount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Even with the strange perfect teeth. Her eyes are perfection IMO for a figure

This is Robbie as Quinn

I love this figure, I do not like his joints very much, but everything else is perfect. But well this is the Internet, most criticisms are baseless and hate the film.

From seeing Dean's video...Again, the sculpt actually is not bad.
I think the teeth is actually more of a nitpick, but I dont think it ruins the sculpt. The likeness is there.

Definitely will try to pick up a loose head sometime, as an alternative to the SS.

From seeing Dean's video...Again, the sculpt actually is not bad.
I think the teeth is actually more of a nitpick, but I dont think it ruins the sculpt. The likeness is there.

Definitely will try to pick up a loose head sometime, as an alternative to the SS.

The sculpt isn't bad, but that body (with all the exposed joints) is atrocious. I have 4 female HT figures on my shelf with seamless elbows (Abigail Whistler, Ada Wong, Sarah Connor and Gamora), and I haven't had a single issue with any of them. And Ada Wong has seamless knees and those are still pristine. I understand they probably had issues trying to applying the tattoos to a rubber body, but there had to be a better solution than this thing. That knee design is criminal, and it's the one thing I dislike about my original HT Harley. Given that this figure has no leg tats, it really should have had seamless knees.

The other Harley needed to have the leg tattoos added to the stockings.
That was the answer to seamless legs on that piece.

The other Harley needed to have the leg tattoos added to the stockings.
That was the answer to seamless legs on that piece.

The HS won we over after seeing DeanKnight review when he places it on the first Harley body with ripped shirt and hot pants. Looks amazing, even with the teeth situation.

I think she looks good. Deans review makes me feel more at ease but surprise surprise SSC have delayed her again!!!!!!

What is this thing.

The figure is hideous. I like the sculpt, except the smile too "stretched", but overall I prefer this sculpt to the classic Harley Quinn Suicide Squad.

But lol, these apparent joint, don't tell me it's impossible to put "tattoos" on seamless, Phicen do this very well. Seriously, it's an Hot Toys and it looks like a 140€ figure from a random brand.

I agree, I think its a lame excuse from Hot Toys.
I'm certain its a matter of cutting cost.

They know this is gonna be a niche figure, its not gonna be a big seller like Batman, Captain America, Black Widow, etc.
This would have cost them a lot more in production to use to use Phicen like bodies, therefore, cutting on profits. So they used cheaper body.

On the other hand, I saw Dean tried to pull the hair back to try to mimic the SS version with ponytail, and I can see that's gonna be really hard to pull off.
But I really like it even with the hair down, on the SS figure.
I know it wont be scene specific, but I think I'm gonna go with that look.
I hope we start seeing loose head pieces soon.

It would cost them less to partner with TBLeague. They are the leader of female bodies in the industry. Time to form an alliance that benefits both companies and—more importantly—us, the consumer.

Is there a custom/knock off set of the outfit for this?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back