Art-Figures: AF-003 "Saves" (Punisher)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dude keeps getting roles for some reason. Are they almost all disney films?

nic-cage-crazy.jpg

Eh ok, yea that's not my arguement. :nana: this is the Ray Stevenson figure so that's where I thought we were talking about movies...

Just talking about who in the world knows the Punisher, believe it or not not many besides us and comic fellas.

I was replying to this statement, btw.

This in movies sales was the debat I was saying, many don't know who the Punisher is.... in order to see the movie.

And you're totally right. Hell, Maglor didn't even know Punisher War Zone was a movie... That's how bad it did at the box office.

I was just talking about dorks like us too. :lol

Comic book, definitely. And as a whole, in the grand scheme of all media, I also think the Punisher is more well known. The movie successes or failures were due to a lot more than character recognizability.

Punisher is a hard sell for the big screen. First of all, to appease the fan boys you need to make it violent, which automatically alienates most women and all young children. Both the Jane and Stevenson movies hit on some aspects of the character but missed on others, so even a good portion of hardcore fans were left unsatisfied by those films. So right off the bat women, children and half the fans are just not all that interested. That being said, how could you ever hope to draw big dollars at the box office?

I still think it could have been a hit with proper promotion hell the Transporter films and Crank made a profit! I am sure a comic book based film even with out a character with tons of effects could be a hit if properly promoted. Keep in mind Warzone cost 35 million to make and Ghost Rider cost 110 million, and domestically it only made 115 million. If Ghost Rider had not done fairly well in other countries no way it would be getting a sequel either. Punisher has to make a hell of a lot less at the box office to turn a profit, they just needed to make sure the public knew it was there and they failed to do that.
I am not saying it is going to be a mega hit but it could have done well enough to make a profit and get a sequel. Maybe now that Marvel has the rights back to the character and is actively developing a new screen or Cable Television version both have been mentioned by Marvel The Character will finally be properly promoted in another media outside of comics.

Nice Gun collection Knuckle! As far as I have been able to tell the M4 mags in the film were black. The butt stock and ris panels and handgrip section were gray.QUOTE]

They're camo green like Knuckle has them. You can see them more clearly in one of the special features on the dvd.

I decided to use HT hands also when I did the body switch, and I'm not sure if it was the right move. They have a hard time holding on to the M4, so I'm thinking of going back to the bendy hands. But getting the gloves switched was such a p.i.t.a., I don't want to bother.

Yeah I have the bluray they sure look gray to me in the Weapons feature, my wife thought the same. The butt stock being a slightly lighter shade of gray from the RIS panels.

Punisher is a hard sell for the big screen. First of all, to appease the fan boys you need to make it violent, which automatically alienates most women and all young children. Both the Jane and Stevenson movies hit on some aspects of the character but missed on others, so even a good portion of hardcore fans were left unsatisfied by those films. So right off the bat women, children and half the fans are just not all that interested. That being said, how could you ever hope to draw big dollars at the box office?

Exactly. I was going to say I can't imagine War Zone's budget being that big, but after checking it was $35 million. Which isn't huge, but certainly not small. Especially since the movie looked like it was made for MUCH less.

But I think it would be possible to make a decent lower budget Punisher that would be more of a niche product. Especially since I think the best Punisher stories have been the more recent ones, where there's very little splash and bombast.

However, I don't really have any confidence that they will ever really get a Punisher movie right.

Exactly. I was going to say I can't imagine War Zone's budget being that big, but after checking it was $35 million. Which isn't huge, but certainly not small. Especially since the movie looked like it was made for MUCH less.

But I think it would be possible to make a decent lower budget Punisher that would be more of a niche product. Especially since I think the best Punisher stories have been the more recent ones, where there's very little splash and bombast.

However, I don't really have any confidence that they will ever really get a Punisher movie right.

A cable series would have a ton of potential. In fact of all the superheros I could see the Punisher being best suited for that kind of medium. I'd be all over it! :lecture

Back