Art-Figures: AF-003 "Saves" (Punisher)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know some members want perfection in this figures too and they have the new Punisher figure and some change body's using the HTTTA(like me) when you put the Punisher figure close with the other ones all looks the same size!! and we know the actor Ray S. is tall!!! what is the big deal!!:) I made some changes make look my Punisher TALL!!!;)
means you have a midget Punisher!!!;)

i just finished putting this guy together (only received him today) and he's a great figure. i have seb's custom on its way too and from pics, his might have the edge. still a beaut though.

i missed how to do the skull nostrils. will a bit of paint thinner do it or are people actually painting over with black?

painting over with thinned black acrylic paint is the way I did it. I used the same method to brighten the skull up some as well, took about 15 minutes or so. If ya don't paint much you might want to use a fine tip sharpie or something similar and draw the nostrils in first then go over that with paint.

As for the question of who loves the figure, I sure as hell do! he is just plain awesome and yes I happen to really enjoy the film as well!

on the film debate of the three Punisher films Warzone is by far the best, IMHO it got the origin right, the military background, and the violence level right. Sure the villains were over the top but they were entertaining as hell and at least memorable unlike Travolta in the '04 film and don't get me started on the Dolph film. Sorry the '89 Punisher was the Punisher in name alone! Busted origin, no military back ground, he didn't wear body armor or the skull and his key informant was a wino! I have been reading the Punisher since 1985 and that POS film was no wear near any Punisher I ever read and oh yeah it had ninjas on slides using Uzis! LMFAO!

I think Warzone could have been a hit if people had known the movie was out! Hell if the Transporter films and Crank can be a hit Warzone could have been. The Asshat that took over Lionsgate had an axe to grind against the last head of the company and tried to bury quite a few films the previous guy had given the green light. If he had had his way it would have went right to DVD but since Marvel was involved it had to be released to the theater. But with no real promotion no one knew it was there not to mention it was released at Christmas, bad time for a film like the Punisher.

As for them rebooting it again I hope Marvel goes for an HBO or Showtime series the character could be adapted from the MAX series verbatim with the kind of time a series has.

As for the question of who loves the figure, I sure as hell do! he is just plain awesome and yes I happen to really enjoy the film as well!

on the film debate of the three Punisher films Warzone is by far the best, IMHO it got the origin right, the military background, and the violence level right. Sure the villains were over the top but they were entertaining as hell and at least memorable unlike Travolta in the '04 film and don't get me started on the Dolph film. Sorry the '89 Punisher was the Punisher in name alone! Busted origin, no military back ground, he didn't wear body armor or the skull and his key informant was a wino! I have been reading the Punisher since 1985 and that POS film was no wear near any Punisher I ever read and oh yeah it had ninjas on slides using Uzis! LMFAO!

I think Warzone could have been a hit if people had known the movie was out! Hell if the Transporter films and Crank can be a hit Warzone could have been. The Asshat that took over Lionsgate had an axe to grind against the last head of the company and tried to bury quite a few films the previous guy had given the green light. If he had had his way it would have went right to DVD but since Marvel was involved it had to be released to the theater. But with no real promotion no one knew it was there not to mention it was released at Christmas, bad time for a film like the Punisher.

:exactly::goodpost:

totally agree with everything you said mate! haven't read Punisher as long as you have, but Stevenson was the Punisher I've been waiting to see!

I really dont think theres anyway War Zone could have been a hit, even with better promotion. It's just not that type of movie that would have had wide audience appeal. And I think a lot of that had to do with the general public who didn't care much for the Jane movie, so the brand was already a little tainted.

And don't get me started on the villains. They were memorable alright...in how laughable they were. A jumping around gang of 3 laughing jackasses? Looney Bin Jim running into mirrors, making cat noises, repeatedly saying he's going to "keel Cassul" every scene? The disgrace of wasting the character name Pitsy on that buffoon? Ugh. Jigsaw was entertaining though, I think Dominick West did a good job with what he had.

In all fairness to what you said about Dolph, it's not like the Punisher always wears armor in the comics either. But whats funny about that is in the comic adaptation, before they raid the Yakuza Dojo, he grabs a vest and spray paints the skull on it.

But as is popular legend with the movie, the producers thought the skull was cheesy, so they nixed it. That movie had Ninjas on slides, War Zone had Frank spinning upside down on a chandelier. I'd say they're even ;)

To get back to the figure, I've just about finished putting together the M4. Modding the grenade launcher turned out to be a little easier than I thought it would be. I'm just going to wait for the Barney Ross rifle for the red dot. I do have a John Conner, but I figure why ruin his rifle when they've kind of dried up these days.

Last edited:
Finally took a sec to take some shots, but then I forgot to touch up the skull (add nostrils) before doing so. :(

IMG_5726.jpg

IMG_5728.jpg
[/img]

With Iron Man, which arrived around the same time
IMG_5732f.jpg

to each there own I say but I do agree they should have not used the name pitsy for the fat good fellas wanna be in Warzone LOL! I also could have done with out the Boondock Saints moment either. Again I think the character would work best as a HBO or Showtime series more time to get everything right. As for it not being able to be a hit I don't buy that one, now I don't mean a blockbuster but with promotion it could have easily made a nice profit again look at Transporter or the Insanity that is the Crank films. Not every comic based film has to make 100 million or more and the Punisher never will plain and simple I don't care who writes it or directs it. He doesn't have the costume and gadgets of Batman or the wizbang effects of the Superhero films like Spider-Man, Hulk, Etc.

As for the M4 for the figure damn I wish there were more options for getting that damn Cmore sight! I feel like an ass having to shell out 30 bucks or more to snag the Barney Ross Rifle or the John Connor one just to get one little piece. If I wind up havin to I swear I will be very tempted to recast the damn sight LOL!

Plasmid303 very nice pics man! I need a better camera LOL! were you able to get the little snaps for the neck guard to work? I wasn't able to no matter how hard I tried! I gave up and glued mine in place hahaha.

Thanks guys. Really great figure.

The snaps on the neck guard just wouldn't work for me, so I just used a bit of blue-tack adhesive putty to keep it in place.

Glad I am not the only one that couldn't get them to work! Mind if I ask what kind of a Camera you use? your pics are damn nice and as I said it's about time for me to pick up a new one.

Great pics Plasmid :rock

Thanks, Ski! :rock

Glad I am not the only one that couldn't get them to work! Mind if I ask what kind of a Camera you use? your pics are damn nice and as I said it's about time for me to pick up a new one.

Yeah, they're probably the only real problem with the figure for me. Has anyone here gotten the snaps to work?

Thanks again, punisher75, I use a Canon Rebel Xsi.

interesting, I wonder if some of the sets were just bad then. I tried so hard to get them to work the things were starting to bend out of shape but no way in hell would they actually snap.

painting over with thinned black acrylic paint is the way I did it. I used the same method to brighten the skull up some as well, took about 15 minutes or so. If ya don't paint much you might want to use a fine tip sharpie or something similar and draw the nostrils in first then go over that with paint.

thanks for the awesome tips, dude. will try that later. my snaps didn't work at all either. one did, the other i pushed so hard, the little black thing on the front came off. think i'm gonna go the blu-tac route as well.

one thing i really didn't like about the thomas jane movie was how his family got massacred. the scene just went on for so long, and with so many unknown people dying, it just seemed to get comical in the end. by the time his wife and son got killed, you're either desensitized to all the killing and not giving a crap or placing bets on how they're gonna finish them off. that scene completely lost all its impact for me. the filmmakers must have thought, "the more people we kill, the more tragic it will seem", but it had the complete opposite effect on me.

The snaps on mine were a bit of a pain to get snapped together but I was able to do it with a lot of pressure.

The straps were kinda hard to get on, but what I found is worse is they aren't quite set right. His R kinda kinks up. I needs to be slightly closer to mid line on the bottom. Then it would line up well.

Anyone else have a go at making the M4 or am I the only idiot to give it a go?

Back