Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be coming home with 5 new hardcover art books (so far) from SDCC!! :D
Would you mind loaning them to me for a couple weeks Ill? :monkey3 :lol

I think this thread needs some more Gil Elvgren goodness. :D A few of these I have framed on my wall.

50Pinup17.jpg

60Pinup28.jpg

Elvgren16.jpg

Elvgren28.jpg

Elvgren29.jpg

You can look at them while under my supervision, if you make any sudden movements I'll have to thump your skull. :D
:lol Sounds fair to me.

I was looking at Amazon and Barnes and Noble and it's hard to find art books. Most of them just aren't available anymore. I'm gonna be getting the Gil Elvgren book you told me about but I'm having a hard time finding others. Are there any particular art sites that you order from?

:lol Sounds fair to me.

I was looking at Amazon and Barnes and Noble and it's hard to find art books. Most of them just aren't available anymore. I'm gonna be getting the Gil Elvgren book you told me about but I'm having a hard time finding others. Are there any particular art sites that you order from?
Are you sure you want me to tell you? :D

Where about in L.A. do you live?

:lol Good point but I'm sure. At least I think anyway. :lol

I'm in the San Fernando Valley. Panorama City to be exact, near Van Nuys.
:lol Okay cool.

There is an AWESOME book store in Torrance (about 20 minutes from my house) called Stuart Ng Books. This place is Art Book Heaven! I visit their showroom from time to time, here is their website: https://www.stuartngbooks.com/showroom.html, scroll down to see pics.

Another cool spot to buy books from is Bud's Art Books, they are also at the Con every year.

BTW, I live in South Gate, about 15 minutes Southeast of Downtown.

:lol Okay cool.

There is an AWESOME book store in Torrance (about 20 minutes from my house) called Stuart Ng Books. This place is Art Book Heaven! I visit their showroom from time to time, here is their website: https://www.stuartngbooks.com/showroom.html, scroll down to see pics.

Another cool spot to buy books from is Bud's Art Books, they are also at the Con every year.

BTW, I live in South Gate, about 15 minutes Southeast of Downtown.
Cool thanks man, I'll definitely check them out.

How many art books total do you have anyway?

Cool thanks man, I'll definitely check them out.

How many art books total do you have anyway?
No problem!

Hard to say, I haven't counted them yet. I not only get Pin-Up art books, I also get 'The Art of' books from Movies and Animation. I'll try to get a list together of all the ones that I have.

No problem!

Hard to say, I haven't counted them yet. I not only get Pin-Up art books, I also get 'The Art of' books from Movies and Animation. I'll try to get a list together of all the ones that I have.
Well the fact that you have to count them tells me that you have alot. :lol After I get the Elvgren book, I'll have a grand total of 1! :D :lol

Back