Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought this one as a print, it was available at one of the Con's, Wondercon I believe! Only it doesn't have the 'Hero' title on it, It is beautiful.

what do you think of jeff's new amazing spider-man cover ill?

i think its outstanding!
wizarduniverse_2059_1646498447

I could easily go crazy getting all kinds of art books and prints but then I wouldn't have any money for statues. :lol

I'm actually gonna be trying something today with the art I have saved on my PC. I'm gonna try to get a few of them printed out on photo paper so I can frame them, just not sure how good the quality is gonna be. I'll let you know what happens.
Well my experiment was a success, at least to me anyway. Of course the quality isn't as good I'm sure as a fine art print, but the one's I printed out can't even be found for sale anyway. Besides it's a whole lot cheaper and it's just for me, so I'm not gonna be too picky. So now I have one entire wall with nothing but Pin-up art on it. :lol :D

Well my experiment was a success, at least to me anyway. Of course the quality isn't as good I'm sure as a fine art print, but the one's I printed out can't even be found for sale anyway. Besides it's a whole lot cheaper and it's just for me, so I'm not gonna be too picky. So now I have one entire wall with nothing but Pin-up art on it. :lol :D
Nice! I've considered doing that with impossible to find prints, one in particular that my buddy Ghettoenhanced and I covet is the Black Cat by Mark Brooks. Man this thing is GORGEOUS!! :love But very rare. :(

black_cat_by_diablo2003.jpg

Wow that really is gorgeous! Do you have an actual art print of it, or does your friend have one and you were thinking of doing what I did?

Yeah most of the ones I printed out were Gil Elvgren and Shunya Yamashi.ta's work. I printed out a couple newer ones also. I wasn't totally sure if it was right to print out some of them but they're all over the internet and easily accessible, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's done it either and I'm sure people have probably tried to print them out and distribute them, which I think is one of the worst things you can do.

Like I said also I just can't afford to get both expensive artwork and statues, so I'm not gonna feel guilty if I do this with a few pieces, it's just for me anyway.

Wow that really is gorgeous! Do you have an actual art print of it, or does your friend have one and you were thinking of doing what I did?

Yeah most of the ones I printed out were Gil Elvgren and Shunya Yamashi.ta's work. I printed out a couple newer ones also. I wasn't totally sure if it was right to print out some of them but they're all over the internet and easily accessible, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's done it either and I'm sure people have probably tried to print them out and distribute them, which I think is one of the worst things you can do.

Like I said also I just can't afford to get both expensive artwork and statues, so I'm not gonna feel guilty if I do this with a few pieces, it's just for me anyway.
Nah, neither of us has it, but we both wish we did!

I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing, you're making them for yourself and not selling them so it's all good.

He's awesome, I love his stuff!

I'm really hoping he'll be at the Con this year, so far there is no indication that he will be. I need to get a new print from him or something.

Doctor, you may be interested in this book: https://brandstudiopress.blogspot.com/2008/07/code-orange-by-j-scott-campbell.html, I have it, it's awesome!

thanks for the link ill,as for jeff at sdcc i think he will be and theres going to be something new and exciting for fans-print for shore

how many MJ prints were made?

i so want one!

thanks for the link ill,as for jeff at sdcc i think he will be and theres going to be something new and exciting for fans-print for shore

how many MJ prints were made?

i so want one!
I really hope he is, I picked up Code Orange and the Ladies of Marvel print last year. I was upset 'cause after the fact I realized that he also ha a Danger Girl poster and a Chun-Li print that overlooked. :( I'm looking forward to some new stuff.

Not sure how many MJ's he made, but I'm hoping he has some there for peeps that missed out.

I cry tears of joy every time I look in this thread and see all the beautiful artwork. :monkey2 :D

Speaking of Adam Hughes, this is one of my favorites....

SuperGirl.jpg

I cry tears of joy every time I look in this thread and see all the beautiful artwork. :monkey2 :D

SuperGirl.jpg
Havok, have you ever been to House of Secrets in Burbank? They had a big 24" X 36" mounted poster of that image, it is awesome, but I didn't buy it 'cause I'm not into DC. I prefer his Marvel Ladies. :naughty

I really hope he is, I picked up Code Orange and the Ladies of Marvel print last year. I was upset 'cause after the fact I realized that he also ha a Danger Girl poster and a Chun-Li print that overlooked. :( I'm looking forward to some new stuff.

Not sure how many MJ's he made, but I'm hoping he has some there for peeps that missed out.

hey ill,this is what mitch jeffs art rep says about what up in sdcc-There will be a new hardcover book of old drawings, a sketchbook of commissions that Jeff has drawn, a print of ? and ........

hey ill,this is what mitch jeffs art rep says about what up in sdcc-There will be a new hardcover book of old drawings, a sketchbook of commissions that Jeff has drawn, a print of ? and ........
Thanks man, I can't wait!! :rock

Where did you get this info from? I've looked everywhere and couldn't find anything. :(

SuperGirl.jpg

you have great taste havok,i bought this as a giclee with a remarque which is a small supergirl drawn in the white border at the bottom.its a great image.

Back