Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn Ill! loving those JSC pieces. Good to see you finally got your MJ print hahaha couldn't wait till SDCC huh? lol
Thanks man, nope couldn't wait! :D But I got it for a great price $30!! :rock

I bought a Bawidamann shirt at the con last year. One of my favorite shirts, people always comment on it.
I love his stuff, people are always asking me about my shirts too.

My boss has this Vargas print framed that she puts up around Christmas time. I have always loved it.
Vargasxmas1.jpg

I just discovered Gil Elvgren for myself not too long ago and I instantly fell in love with his artwork. These are a few of my favorites and I'm making some Sigs for myself with pics of his work.

60Pinup11.jpg

60Pinup17.jpg

60Pinup27.jpg

60Pinup25.jpg

I absolutely love the Pin-Up style! :D

I just discovered Gil Elvgren for myself not too long ago and I instantly fell in love with his artwork. These are a few of my favorites and I'm making some Sigs for myself with pics of his work.

I absolutely love the Pin-Up style! :D
Elvgren's stuff is awesome, he really captured the female form exceptionally well.

You may be interested in this Havok:

Gil Elvgren: All His Glamorous American Pin-Ups

51PaLQcYlXL__SS400_.jpg

Elvgren's stuff is awesome, he really captured the female form exceptionally well.

You may be interested in this Havok:

Gil Elvgren: All His Glamorous American Pin-Ups

51PaLQcYlXL__SS400_.jpg
Yeah I just found that book a couple days ago, I'll be getting it soon. :D

Your definitely right about him capturing the female form well, I just love his style. I came across some other great artists while I was looking up Elvgren's work. I really liked what I saw of Pearl Frush and Bill Medcalf. Here's a couple from each. I'm sure you guys are familiar with all of them so I hope you don't mind. Thanks for starting this thread Ill, it's awesome!

Pearl Frush
PearlFrush7.jpg

PearlFrush16.jpg

Bill Medcalf
BillMedcalf.jpg

BillMedcalf4.jpg

Yeah I just found that book a couple days ago, I'll be getting it soon. :D

Your definitely right about him capturing the female form well, I just love his style. I came across some other great artists while I was looking up Elvgren's work. I really liked what I saw of Pearl Frush and Bill Medcalf. Here's a couple from each. I'm sure you guys are familiar with all of them so I hope you don't mind. Thanks for starting this thread Ill, it's awesome!
Those are all great, I love this stuff! :rock

You're welcome man, I'm glad somebody still visits this thread. :)

Those are all great, I love this stuff! :rock

You're welcome man, I'm glad somebody still visits this thread. :)
You can be sure I'll continue to visit and post pics of pin-up artwork, even if I'm one of the only ones. :lol

I'm just gonna post a few more for now. :monkey3 I consider this Pin-up art myself....I guess it's a hybrid of Anime and Pin-up. These are from the artist Shunya Yamash ita (I had to space his last name out cause of the filter on here. :lol I'm not using a curse word or anything, that's just his name.) and I really love his stuff, probably cause I love Anime as well. Hope you guys like them. :D

Yama28.jpg

Yama37.jpg

Yama2.jpg

Yama32.jpg

Last edited:
You can be sure I'll continue to visit and post pics of pin-up artwork, even if I'm one of the only ones.

I'm just gonna post a few more for now. I consider this Pin-up art myself....I guess it's a hybrid of Anime and Pin-up. These are from the artist Shunya Yamash ita (I had to space his last name out cause of the filter on here. I'm not using a curse word or anything, that's just his name.) and I really love his stuff, probably cause I love Anime as well. Hope you guys like them.
Dude, I LOVE Yamash.ita's work!! I was actually going to post a bunch of his stuff before but got lazy.

The way this man draws butts, boobs and faces is :drool.

rick36.jpg

25.jpg

rick71.jpg

38.jpg

rick54.jpg

rick52.jpg

top07.jpg

rick58.jpg

23.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! I wasn't sure if you would have heard of him. I absolutely love his work too, the way he does faces is what caught my eye right away. He just makes them come alive! Everything about his style is just amazing in my book. More pics incoming!!

Yama9.jpg

Yama47.jpg

Yama48.jpg

Yama39.jpg

Yama5.jpg

Yama20.jpg

Yama19.jpg

Yama12.jpg

Yama15.jpg

Yama53.jpg

I could easily go crazy getting all kinds of art books and prints but then I wouldn't have any money for statues. :lol

I'm actually gonna be trying something today with the art I have saved on my PC. I'm gonna try to get a few of them printed out on photo paper so I can frame them, just not sure how good the quality is gonna be. I'll let you know what happens.

found another nice pin up by j scott campbell,done for hero's initiative comic book to be launched at sdcc i think?

eve cover-

HeroComics_cover.jpg

I bought this one as a print, it was available at one of the Con's, Wondercon I believe! Only it doesn't have the 'Hero' title on it, It is beautiful.

found another nice pin up by j scott campbell,done for hero's initiative comic book to be launched at sdcc i think?

eve cover-

HeroComics_cover.jpg

Back