Arnold Schwarzenegger Conan PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but if the PCS warpaint is already sold out, what's the point of selling SS Conan? There's no way in hell I'd pay a flipper's markup on PCS Conan just because some eBay crook got to the pre-order before I did.

Also, I really love the pose of the SS Conan. It's kinetic and, in my opinion, much more iconic than the PCS pose. Arnold coming down those steps with his hand pointed at Rexor cannot be topped. Now, if the PCS 1/4 scale you're referring to takes on THAT pose, then I'll definitely try to scrape together the funds to trade in the SS Conan. Until then, I'm keeping him.

I wouldn't pay secondary market prices for the majority of 1/3 scale PCS pieces either.

The Sideshow Conan is beautiful piece. It does the orgy scene better than the PCS as the PCS 1/3 is from a different scene just painted up with the war paint....but people didn't care they went crazy over it because it was big and new and detailed.

I know Jerry from PCS owns the Sideshow Arnold Conan PF. HE has said on StatueForum that he DOES believe that he could improve the statue and offer a better version. Who knows he may re-do the exact same statue he may not. He has a history releasing statues that have been done before only to improve upon them and offer best versions available (RoboCop - LEGEND Lord of darkness) I sold my Conan for $910 + shipping and with all these Arnold Conan pieces I'm happy I did. I don't see the EX going for that much in a year or two. Collectors have ADD - OCD. They have bad short term memory. They tend to fixate on what is up and coming a focus on what's new and more detailed. I've seen it time and time again with MANY properties.

:lecture You're probably right. I normally don't care about resale values of what I own, but sometimes you gotta get it while the gettin is good.

Exactly. We might as well treat these pieces as the fine art they are. Being in the hobby if I see a forthcoming set of circumstances that could substantially effect the value of a piece that I eventually plan to sell, it's smart to use that knowledge to my advantage.

I know Jerry from PCS owns the Sideshow Arnold Conan PF. HE has said on StatueForum that he DOES believe that he could improve the statue and offer a better version. Who knows he may re-do the exact same statue he may not. He has a history releasing statues that have been done before only to improve upon them and offer best versions available (RoboCop - LEGEND Lord of darkness)

Man, that would be a major boon if he decided to improve upon the orgy scene pose. If he reads these forums, one thing I always thought was really missing from the SS Conan was the intensity in Arnold's eyes. When he sees Rexor and Thorgrim, it's like he goes into crazed alpha-mode just with a look. Of course, more blood, mixed media vambraces and boots, and a metal sword would also be huge improvements. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Back