Prime 1 / Blitzway: Terminator 2 - T-800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger) 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too was planning on P1 T800 but may wait for release next year. JND would make a killer and T800. I think P1 has the better likeness of course.
Agreed. And with the price of the P1 platinum version, I imagine there won't be that much of price discrepancy between the P1 and JND like there normally is.

I imagine JND will go for the Galleria look then. Dang, now I don’t know if I should wait for that or still proceed with Blitzway 🤔

I wonder if JND will do some type of dual Terminator statue like they've been doing recently with the Batman(s), Superman, Indiana Jones.

Damn, this hobby is a never ending sinkhole.

Bracing myself for the JND, after just investing in the Queen 1:1 bust, the Prime 1/Blitzway statues and 1/6 figures. Glad I passed on Darkside but tempted to get their Sarah Conner because that is the only option.

Will JND will have a Platinum naked kneeling T-800 (when Arnold time travel/ portals in) with a 100% silicone body? $4K?!?!? :lol

Hearing that JND wants the license and them saying it ends next year has me holding out hope they get it in 2025. This is due to release next year and don't see it selling out any time soon.

I have a couple questions about this, since the deluxe version is sold out at Sideshow (and I'm in the USA).

Has anyone purchased a statue from BBTS and had a good experience? Was the $4 shipping fine and legit, as well? And, I always hear you have to wait significantly longer to get your statue--typically how much longer (if anyone knows)?

I also noticed that BBTS, for example, is charging $100 less than Sideshow is charging for the Deluxe. Plus only $4 shipping. I don't know if they charge sales tax, but currently, it's at least a $200 savings to get it at BBTS over Sideshow. But I'm just not sure if I'd be waiting so long to get it that I'd regret it, or if there's some catch to the $4 shipping, etc.

I used their "pile of loot" option to ship five moducase units for $4, everything went off without a hitch, no catch.

Can't speak on the rest though, as I've never bought a statue from them. Sideshow is, uh ...aggressive about driving a profitable business.

BBTS does have one of the best customer care teams I've ever had the pleasure of communicating with as well.

Secret Compass is an extremely reputable place in the US you could also consider ordering from. Comic Concepts is another good one.

I have or
I have a couple questions about this, since the deluxe version is sold out at Sideshow (and I'm in the USA).

Has anyone purchased a statue from BBTS and had a good experience? Was the $4 shipping fine and legit, as well? And, I always hear you have to wait significantly longer to get your statue--typically how much longer (if anyone knows)?

I also noticed that BBTS, for example, is charging $100 less than Sideshow is charging for the Deluxe. Plus only $4 shipping. I don't know if they charge sales tax, but currently, it's at least a $200 savings to get it at BBTS over Sideshow. But I'm just not sure if I'd be waiting so long to get it that I'd regret it, or if there's some catch to the $4 shipping, etc.

I have ordered from BBTS for over 10-years - they are legit and have excellent customer service, their service reps are on par with Sideshow.

I used to order all my collectibles from BBTS but cut down considerably after they started charging sales tax and inflating their prices on some items.

Mainly buy the smaller scale collectibles from BBTS but for the larger scale (1:6, 1:3, 1:4, etc), I tend to stick to Timewalker, SpecFic, Secret Compass, Giantoy, OneSixthKit.

To address some of your questions and factors you should consider between BBTS and Sideshow:
  • $4 BBTS Shipping - no catch, you can compile up to 3-months of in-stock orders and ship for one flat $4 fee; however, beware on certain items. BBTS tends to bake in the cost of shipping into the price of the item. For example, the Hot Toys ROTJ Han Solo costs $290 @Sideshow but BBTS charges $20 more for $310.

• Sales Tax - both Sideshow & BBTS charge tax in CA (not sure about other states). BBTS used to only charge in WI but they started to charge in other states a few years ago.

• Rewards - BBTS does not have rewards but Sideshow gives Rewards points (don't quote me on this but I think it's around 5% on purchases). SSC rewards expire in a year.

• Wait Time - Sideshow tends to get inventory in stock quicker than BBTS (in my experience).

Your Terminator 2 Blitway 1:3 statue example might be an anomaly where BBTS is $100 cheaper than Sideshow ($2,200 vs $2,300) - but you also have to consider whether tax is charged in your state (potentially an extra $200+). If you shop around, you might be able to get this statue cheaper - Secret Compass is $2,100 (shipping extra but 5% Rewards and no tax except in CO).

Honestly, it might a wash after you factor in tax, rewards, shipping, etc. - at the end of the day, you might be paying the same whether at BBTS, SSC, or Company X. But do your research. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys, definitely appreciate the feedback. Really was helpful.

Out of curiosity...what are the reasonings to not order direct from Prime 1? I've never done so before, and only have one Prime 1 piece (Batman Returns Catwoman that I got from Sideshow). Is it related to bad customer support? Is it mostly just due to higher costs to get the statue to your location? Just curious what everyone's reasonings are in order to weigh all the pros and cons.

This T2 statue was kind of off my radar a bit, despite my love for the movie. But after getting the Batman Returns Prime 1/Blitzway statue in, and seeing the quality, it's got me strongly considering this Terminator. Just a bit hard to decide which version!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, definitely appreciate the feedback. Really was helpful.

Out of curiosity...what are the reasonings to not order direct from Prime 1? I've never done so before, and only have one Prime 1 piece (Batman Returns Catwoman that I got from Sideshow). Is it related to bad customer support? Is it mostly just due to higher costs to get the statue to your location? Just curious what everyone's reasonings are in order to weigh all the pros and cons.

This T2 statue was kind of off my radar a bit, despite my love for the movie. But after getting the Batman Returns Prime 1/Blitzway statue in, and seeing the quality, it's got me strongly considering this Terminator. Just a bit hard to decide which version!

$475 Shipping - Estimated quote on my Blitzway order confirmation for Batman 89 Ultimate w/ Bruce Wayne Keaton.

From what I understand, Prime 1 has higher shipping fees from overseas and possibly custom taxes when you buy direct from them. That being said, there were some good deals during the holidays where the shipping was free or statue was discounted.

I think I heard one or two anecdotal stories of Prime 1 customer service not being great but I don’t want to cast aspersions because that was a small sample size and I’m not sure what the general consensus is.

I just PO’d my first statue direct from Prime 1 recently - the Batman 89 Ultimate with Bryce Wayne Keaton. It went on PO about a year ago(?) but sold out at other retailers by the time I decided to go for it. I got on the Wait List a couple months ago, it converted - a week later it suddenly popped up on Sideshow for the first time. I would have PO’d with SSC but I already paid my NRD with Prime 1.

I know what you mean about it being a difficult decision with the multiple Terminator 2 statues - I went with the Platinum Cyberdyne with the rooted hair and better paint apps. Another collector said something along the lines of this represents the character at its peak and looks more pristine.

But I was tempted to double dip and also get Final Battle Damage one too - you can’t go wrong with either but (for now), I’ve decided to pass to free up funds because I also PO’d the Prime 1 Endoskeleton & T-1000, as well as the Queen 1:1 T2 Arnold bust.

Last edited:
$475 Shipping - Estimated quote on my Blitzway order confirmation

From what I understand, Prime 1 has higher shipping fees from overseas and possibly custom taxes when you buy direct from them. That being said, there were some good deals during the holidays where the shipping was free or statue was discounted.

I think I heard one or two anecdotal stories of Prime 1 customer service not being great but I don’t want to cast aspersions because that was a small sample size and I’m not sure what the general consensus is.

I just PO’d my first statue direct from Prime 1 recently - the Batman 89 Ultimate with Bryce Wayne Keaton. It went on PO about a year ago(?) but sold out at other retailers by the time I decided to go for it. I got on the Wait List a couple months ago, it converted - a week later it suddenly popped up on Sideshow for the first time. I would have PO’d with SSC but I already paid my NRD with Prime 1.

I know what you mean about it being a difficult decision with the multiple Terminator 2 statues - I went with the Platinum Cyberdyne with the rooted hair and better paint apps. Another collector said something along the lines of this represents the character at its peak and looks more pristine.

But I was tempted to double dip and also get Final Battle Damage one too - you can’t go wrong with either but (for now), I’ve decided to pass to free up funds because I also PO’d the Prime 1 Endoskeleton & T-1000, as well as the Queen 1:1 T2 Arnold bust.
$475 for the two Batman statues? A bit pricey but not too bad. I bought the Batman Returns Catwoman from Sideshow, and shipping was about $100. But I also was charged about the same for sales tax, too. So about $200 total, factoring in everything.

That's cool you got the Platinum version. It's hard for me to decide, to a degree, because each version kind of has something about it I like, but missing something I like too :ROFLMAO:. I like the Platinum as well, for example, as there's damage on the T-800 but it's not too overwhelming overall. I like that he has his left arm, but you can also insert the endo arm in there too. I'm not entirely sure what to think of the rooted hair--never had a statue that had it before.

My small worry is that, over time, strands of the hair might come out. Maybe that's an unfounded concern--not sure. I noticed when I unboxed the Batman Returns 1/3 Catwoman from Prime 1, some of the eyelashes were gone from the eyelids. Not a large amount or anything, but they either were never inserted, or presumably fell off in transit. You'd never know from a distance, but you'd begin to see a small gap in the eyelash placement upon closer inspection.

OK whatever, I deleted it. @PacMan3000 please delete your reply as well.
Delete Matt Hardy GIF by WWE

Not sure why it would be such a big deal to post a link to it on Spec's website. You can find the items pretty easily on the site without the link like I did :dunno Shop By License>Terminator BOOM it's there among others :lol anyone can find it.

Back