Arnie Kim handmade Bruce Lee and Kojun handmade pieces collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My G.O.D handmade Bruce Lee by Arnie Kim

Well I have seen them sell for that. In fact one with a broken shoe without nunchuku or spare sets of hands sold for 1200 on ebay.

To each his own, but the $3200 price tag on the ebay Bruce Lee custom doesnt make sense. This fig lacks quite a bit when compared to any of the rainman, velvet morning, or Serang custom figs and they usually dont go over the 1k range.

Yikes!

I think maybe it is priced that high more because of who made it rather than the quality (which certainly wasn't bad for 2004)... but in today's market it certainly isn't worth $3K+. But then again, if that's what people are willing to pay it certainly may be worth that much.

What do I know? :dunno

:)

To each his own, but the $3200 price tag on the ebay Bruce Lee custom doesnt make sense. This fig lacks quite a bit when compared to any of the rainman, velvet morning, or Serang custom figs and they usually dont go over the 1k range.

Ah but they do go over the 1 k range once they sell out on freaks or the website and are put up on ebay by scalpers. I mean Rainmans Clint Eastwood went for 3 k on ebay at one time. Now maybe not now due to the economy but scalpers on ebay will try and sell Rainman or Serangs pieces for thousands once they sell out.

Nevertheless, I agree the quality for what you are getting is not worth it, compared to Rainman or Serangs.

However, like you said to each to his own. One man's trash is another man's treasure, I mean if it is someone's dream figure and they are not interested in Serangs or Rainmans ones, then they will pay that sort of money!

Last edited:

Yikes!

I think maybe it is priced that high more because of who made it rather than the quality (which certainly wasn't bad for 2004)... but in today's market it certainly isn't worth $3K+. But then again, if that's what people are willing to pay it certainly may be worth that much.

Yes you are right the price is high because of who made it (Arnie Kim) but it is also because no mass produced company or any other custom artist has produced a Bruce Lee GOD sculpt that is better than this to this date, well except for the actual artist them self as there are different versions of this GOD figure.

Dont sell your self short pixletwin , you know plenty, most people are not willing to pay this much for this but there are some rare rich collectors that will, as this is their dream figure. Now finding them is the hard part.

Yikes!

You're spot on.

I would love a decent Bruce Lee but it is definitely to do with who made it.

You have to remember, Rainman's figures are characters that have more detail due to the fact that the movie characters were like that in the film.
Bruce's clothes were more simplistic. Instead of comparing what it lacks compare it to Bruce Lee. If Rainman made a Bruce then you could compare his versus Arnie's. Arnie's handmade Bruce Lee's paint and sculpt wise are much better than anything put out by Enterbay or HT. Of course there are better artist's and figures out there from Korea, like artist Kojun. We have to realize that this is Bruce and the handmade ones are the best out there as of now. Trust me I own a JC Hong piece painted by Hong and sculpted by Arnie and none of Serang's or Rainman's pieces look as real. A good sculpt looks much better with a great painjob. I have been into this hobby since 2004. I can tell you that I have seen artists from Korea that people still don't know of and I can tell you that Arnie's handmade pieces can go for more than 1k. The only way that GOD would be worth 4k is if Hong painted it.

Yikes!

The quality is great! The body sucks.

Yikes!

3K is too much, however these were great in 2004 and are still the best even now. None of the mass stuff holds this likeness and paint quality. People open your eyes!
3K is too much, however these were great in 2004 and are still the best even now. None of the mass stuff holds this likeness and paint quality. People open your eyes!

Rainman, Serang, Kojun, Arnie.... all their stuff goes for more than 1k when they sell out. You must really follow these Korean figures to know. Kojun's Carlito's Way sold a month ago on ebay for 3k. Rainman's Good Bad Ugly sold for 3k. Arnie's GOD sold for 4k. MY Arnie JC Hong figure I was offered 4k and I declined the offer.

I agree with Steve and Josh. They are pieces of Art and not "toys".

I dunno. It's a matter of taste. But I have seen bashes using the HT EtD head with the newest enterbay clothes that look far more convincing to me for a fraction of the cost. But as I said, it's a matter of taste.

I dunno. It's a matter of taste. But I have seen bashes using the HT EtD head with the newest enterbay clothes that look far more convincing to me for a fraction of the cost. But as I said, it's a matter of taste.

I'd agree with cranky-pants here. It's a cool piece to own if you're a fan of Lee and Kim's dedication to him.

However, compared to what's on the market now it doesn't quite hold up as well. I imagine even Arnie would agree with that seeing as he's still sculpting Lee and seems to improve with each and every effort.

I'd agree with cranky-pants here. It's a cool piece to own if you're a fan of Lee and Kim's dedication to him.

However, compared to what's on the market now it doesn't quite hold up as well. I imagine even Arnie would agree with that seeing as he's still sculpting Lee and seems to improve with each and every effort.

It depends on what sculpts you compare them too. I have seen Enterbay and HT stuff that looked like crap compared to the handmade stuff. If you take a look at my J.C Hong painted ETD by Arnie. till this day no other ETD figure has topped it, but you must see the photos of it and compare it to the mass stuff.

I would agree that the bodies on the mass produced ones are better, but then again the handmade ones have the clothes on. The head sculpts are still for most versions better than what HT or Enterbay has put out. You must see all originals to speak and compare. Most people only know what's mass produced. there are far more handmade versions that people on freaks never seen but if they did their mouths would drop. So far all of the GOD handmade have been better than Enterbay's. The handmade FOF is much better than Enterbay's. Even the handmade 1/6 way of the dragon is much better. I have attached a photo of my Arnie handmade Etd painted by JC Hong. You will never find a figure like this in stores

Last edited:
Arnie Kim's handmade Enter the Dragon, Way of the Dragon and Fist of Fury

Arnie Kim's handmade Way of the Dragon limited to 30 pieces, Enter the Dragon painted by Hong and
Fist of Fury limited to 20.

Attachments

• CAM00313.jpg
    CAM00313.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 104
Back