Media Are you okay with paying $20/$30 for a demo of MGS V?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you okay with paying $20/$30 for a demo of MGS V?

• Total voters
These games do get blasted, look at BF4 etc. That's a totally different fishbowl though

This is strictly for the price of a 2 hour game - i'll not even call it a demo even though it practically is, being $40 physical

We may as well pull our pants down now for ourselves and our sons

How is BF4 different? They basically put out what amounts to an alpha version and really can't be bothered to correct it. That game should never have been released in that state.

And I don't think this will be an industry problem. Kojima is one of the few devs who COULD get away with this. Think about it. Bioware could not get away with this, not after the uproar of DA2 and ME3. Ubisoft does not have a property big enough to even try it. And I'm including AC in that statement. Capcom was going to try it anyway eventually, because they are run by Satan's inept brother. And EA will do it, because they are just that stupid. While fans may respond for this one game, they probably won't for others. Except maybe the CoD crowd, cause they love anything with explosions.

Yeah, it's a five-minute game once you perform a speed run. But, I'm sure that's not even the best clearing time. It'll be hilarious if one of those elite MGS players on YouTube finishes it in thirty-seconds and posts a video :lol.

Very true. He's so out of touch it's insane.

Either he's out-of-touch, or this is all just an elaborate plan to piss us off on purpose - so he can leave MGS for good. First, it was the David Hayter thing, and now it's release prices for GZ. After all, he keeps mentioning about how he doesn't want to be remembered as "just the guy who makes MGS games".

Just how do you do 5 minutes anyway? I can beat the MGS2 tanker level in 7 minutes on Normal mode. Is that more of a challenge than this?

Edit: Sorry, it took me 7 on Normal, about 9 on Hard.

Just how do you do 5 minutes anyway? I can beat the MGS2 tanker level in 7 minutes on Normal mode. Is that more of a challenge than this?

Edit: Sorry, it took me 7 on Normal, about 9 on Hard.

I've had dumps that lasted longer than GZ :lol

:lol

Btw how are the Koji zombies taking this on Facebook? And how many "likes" on the page are there? I remember it being a million, about the time I quit Facebook.

Pretty split, most are saying shut up about the 2 hours and don't buy it :lol you know the same idiots with the Hayter firing.

Yea, 3 was fun if you’re playing with a friend, but it was a really underwhelming experience compared to the first 2.

As big of a MGS fan as I am, I'm not paying full price for a 2hr game. Waiting for price drop.

I just hope that the votes in this poll, are an accurate reflection of the general consensus on the net. If the sales for this are extremely poor, Konami will be forced to drop prices significantly.

:lol

Btw how are the Koji zombies taking this on Facebook? And how many "likes" on the page are there? I remember it being a million, about the time I quit Facebook.

Pretty split, most are saying shut up about the 2 hours and don't buy it :lol you know the same idiots with the Hayter firing.

The one thing I can't stand about Facebook, are the argumentative kidzz who played Peace Walker in 2010, and opine so much about a series that they don't even know about. The Internet is rampant with these fair-weather fans, who heard about MGS five minutes ago, and talk-down to people as if they're experts on everything.

I just hope that the votes in this poll, are an accurate reflection of the general consensus on the net. If the sales for this are extremely poor, Konami will be forced to drop prices significantly.

They aren't, people are fickle unfortunately

Back