Media Are you satisfied with the $20/$30 you paid for Ground Zeroes - aka. the MGS V Demo?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you satisfied with the $20/$30 you paid for Ground Zeroes?

• Total voters
To me, I dont think it matters how much time you spent on it, but how much time did you spend on playing new content. I'm not saying this was bad game or anything, but it should of really been a demo (something short that gives a taste of the full game and is very replayable), and feel Kojima/Konami has taking advantage of the enthusiasm of their fans.

Isn't like they have to try very hard. It would of been amazing PR if this was released on the networks for free. Konami seriously wouldn't stay afloat without MGS, so it's no surprising they asked as much as they did for this.

I never thought I was going to say it, but no, it was not worth it for me tbh. Did I know what I was getting into? Yes. And I still bought it for $30. There was part of me that wanted to love it and stick it to the ones complaining about it, but man. This thing is SHORT. Yes, there's replayability. Yes, there's things to find. Yes yes yes yes and yes. But I guess I wanted more substance to it than it actually has. Not a single, worthwhile moment that I'm remembering after beating the main mission. Nothing. Sour.
Should've been free.

Gameplay is ok, plenty of things hopefully will get reworked (some say that the enemies are smarter this time around, I really don't get why anyone would say that, they are stupid as you can hide basically anywhere and no one will find you, even on hard) detecting issues (leg disappears when close to a wall,etc)

And while the engine makes this look great, it is nowhere as good looking as Second Son. Ditch last gen altogether and focus on next gen Kojima!
Anyway, my two cents. Actually, my $29.99 + tax.

Back to Infamous SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally worth it for me, it did what Kojima was planning to do. Its quelled my thirst for MGS for the time being while i wait for TTP (in 2015 :()

It also took away my fear of how the gameplay is shaping up. Marking, slow mo and etc is needed as this game is more difficult!
Its also showed me they've improved all my issues with cutscenes. They're well directed and straight to the point. Kojima finally got that editor! :clap :yess:
This was greatly needed, especially after MGS4 - oh lord that final speech (1 = 100 blablabla :slap)

I cant wait for TTP to release, and im hoping they'll fix what little quibbles i have with the game like minor animation issues and improve the CQC a little

Do I regret paying $30 for the game? Hell no. Do I think it could've been a free download or like the old school demo disks? Absolutely. To me, this was no different than the original MGS1 demo I used to play over and over at TRU, that came for free with PSM back in the day.

HUGE fan of the series since the NES days and I've never felt this ripped off in my life. If only I could turn back time and save that $20 to fill up gas..

Well, I went against my morals and decided to purchase this game at $19.99 on the PSN. I just wanted to experience the game and judge it for myself, instead of just saying "this game sucks", or "this game is great" without having played it with my own hands.

So, has my opinion changed since voting in the last poll? Well, surprisingly, Ground Zeroes is a very fun Sandbox game to play once you get used to the controls and difficulty settings. I find some things highly awkward, though. The CQC commands require you to use the right analog stick to make selections, and the aiming system is very frustrating with an implemented "Magnus Effect" that causes bullets to deviate from their trajectories.

I gave it score of 6/10 in my review in the MGS V thread. The game is very short (lasting under two hours for the main campaign), and I honestly can't recommend it at full price. But, if anything, Ground Zeroes demonstrates what TPP is capable of, and it looks like TPP will shape up to be a great game. There are also several short side missions that are somewhat fun, but inconsequential to the plot.

So, in summary, if you really need to get Ground Zeroes, download it digitally like I did and save yourself $10. But, even at $19.99, it does feel like it's grossly lacking in substance. I voted "the price was a rip-off" :lecture. This should have been cheaper.

Last edited:
I'm more than satisfied with my purchase. I knew about its length beforehand (I think most of us that access game sites know how short is was) and was actually surprised how much time I got out of it. I have spent 15-20 hours on it and I'm at 89% completion with only 1 trophy left. The game is absolutely beautiful on PS4, however you could tell it is essentially a 1080p/60fps version off the PS3 (which is very nice as well). This game plays the best in any Metal Gear title to date IMO, and it did what it was meant for, introduce the sandbox style elements and controls. TPP is going to be much better than GZ in terms of scope and everything GZ did, it will expanded on, that excites me a lot!

The one thing that surprised me the most was the A.I. I don't know about you guys, but playing on hard (especially the day time missions) and turning off reflex and marking, this game is HARD. VERY HARD, its tough to even go "rambo" on them because of limited ammo and amount of damage you can take. And the enemies have like Eagle vision, long gone are the dumb A.I. from previous titles.

One thing that I found most disappointing was that 3/4 of the game's cutscenes were shown in trailers :/

I told my buddies that aren't too into MGS to just borrow my copy and to buy The Phantom Pain, pretty much this was made for the MGS fans (although not all fans were satisfied).

I'm more than satisfied with my purchase. I knew about its length beforehand (I think most of us that access game sites know how short is was) and was actually surprised how much time I got out of it. I have spent 15-20 hours on it and I'm at 89% completion with only 1 trophy left. The game is absolutely beautiful on PS4, however you could tell it is essentially a 1080p/60fps version off the PS3 (which is very nice as well). This game plays the best in any Metal Gear title to date IMO, and it did what it was meant for, introduce the sandbox style elements and controls. TPP is going to be much better than GZ in terms of scope and everything GZ did, it will expanded on, that excites me a lot!

The one thing that surprised me the most was the A.I. I don't know about you guys, but playing on hard (especially the day time missions) and turning off reflex and marking, this game is HARD. VERY HARD, its tough to even go "rambo" on them because of limited ammo and amount of damage you can take. And the enemies have like Eagle vision, long gone are the dumb A.I. from previous titles.

One thing that I found most disappointing was that 3/4 of the game's cutscenes were shown in trailers :/

I told my buddies that aren't too into MGS to just borrow my copy and to buy The Phantom Pain, pretty much this was made for the MGS fans (although not all fans were satisfied).

I pretty much agree with everything you said, and damn, 89 percent? I put in over 25 hours already and I’m at 75 percent. Once you get 100 percent let me know if anything unlocks.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, and damn, 89 percent? I put in over 25 hours already and I’m at 75 percent. Once you get 100 percent let me know if anything unlocks.

Yeah man essentially you have to score S-Rank on each mission on both difficulties, I need a few more on hard. And I believe you need to unlock some trials as well in order to get 100% completion...

Back