Media Are you okay with paying $20/$30 for a demo of MGS V?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you okay with paying $20/$30 for a demo of MGS V?

• Total voters
They can essentially make GZ as short as they wanted, it's a shame but that's not the problem here really

It's the way it was marketed and the price, it is scalping pretty much

Yeah £30, total rip off.

Bare in mind AC4 cost £40 and i recently 100% the story with a play time of 98 hours or something close
:lecture: I got my copy, plus Assassin's Creed III the previous year, for $35 as well. Ubisoft knows what's up

Physical copies are releasing for this here. I don’t whether I’m downloading or getting a physical copy.

I'm leaning towards the physical copy on PS3. Only because I have the rest of the series on that one, and I like having a disc. I am not ready to go all digital. I like having a disk and case to look at on my shelf. But I'm the same way about books. I do not want a Kindle or Nook. I prefer to have the actual books.

Physical copies are releasing for this here. I don’t whether I’m downloading or getting a physical copy.

I prefer physical copies, because I like to have the cases for display. But, I'm definitely waiting for the impending price-drop, before picking this up.

What gaming Franchise doesn’t get milked?

All of them do. But, I don't think any company has ever charged for a demo before (or at least this much for a demo), like what Konami is doing with GZ. It takes milking to a whole other level.

If I do get it, I'm not sure either.

What gaming Franchise doesn’t get milked?

There is different degrees in milking. Capcom takes the cake with Street Fighter.

Eh, one could always find used copies at dirt cheap prices after a month I guess. I love physical discs too, so I'll get it used. Problem solved, series over.

Ground Zeroes is absolutely milk. That I can’t argue. Other than that, I think the MGS series has been handled with care for the most part. Each title released is extremely different from the last and it isn’t released often.

Eh, one could always find used copies at dirt cheap prices after a month I guess. I love physical discs too, so I'll get it used. Problem solved, series over.

If you’re not getting this on next ten, then this game will be extremely cheap in about a month.

Let me just say this: the best thing that I can do as a MGS fan, is to not give Konami a penny for GZ. If a lot of other people follow suit, you can be sure that Konami will be forced to go back to the drawing board and re-evaluate their entire marketing strategy.

Since most of us are concerned about the prices of this release, let's just protest by hitting it in their pockets. They'll get the message.

God forbid, if GZ ever becomes a successful in sales (at its current prices), other developers might follow suit and start charging for their demos, too. That's a trend that I don't want to see.

I prefer physical copies, because I like to have the cases for display. But, I'm definitely waiting for the impending price-drop, before picking this up.

All of them do. But, I don't think any company has ever charged for a demo before (or at least this much for a demo), like what Konami is doing with GZ. It takes milking to a whole other level.

Capcom did charge for the ending of Azura's Wrath. The game basically ends begging you to but the DLC to see the ending.

And while I agree this is odd, and I hope it does not become a trend. I really don't understand how people are blasting Kojima, but say nothing about developers releasing utterly broken games at full price, with the promise that it will all be patched later. That is a far worse sin in my book.

Someone should tweet the results to Konami and Kojima in a month's time. Granted, they won't acknowledge it, but at least they'll probably see it.

Capcom did charge for the ending of Azura's Wrath. The game basically ends begging you to but the DLC to see the ending.

And while I agree this is odd, and I hope it does not become a trend. I really don't understand how people are blasting Kojima, but say nothing about developers releasing utterly broken games at full price, with the promise that it will all be patched later. That is a far worse sin in my book.

Same for Dead Space 3

Because Kojima's an industry legend, everyone expected better from him.

These games do get blasted, look at BF4 etc. That's a totally different fishbowl though

This is strictly for the price of a 2 hour game - i'll not even call it a demo even though it practically is, being $40 physical

We may as well pull our pants down now for ourselves and our sons

These games do get blasted, look at BF4 etc. That's a totally different fishbowl though

This is strictly for the price of a 2 hour game - i'll not even call it a demo even though it practically is, being $40 physical

We may as well pull our pants down now for ourselves and our sons

But it’s not a 2 hour game.

Back