Appleseed Alpha

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will S. H. Figuarts ever pick up this license? Hot Toys and Play Arts Kai have, so I'm hoping they would. :(

I can still remember the Appleseed movie (1st ; it's the 2nd if you count the old animated movie from the 80s), where Deunan took Hitomi briefly as hostage. :) :) :)

MMS269 Appleseed Alpha - Briareos Hecatonchires

Earlier this year, the CG-animated Japanese cyberpunk film, Appleseed Alpha, was shown at a special screening at San Diego Comic-Con and was well-received by fans. This reboot of the Appleseed film series takes the story to a post-apocalyptic Earth where two mercenary soldiers, Deunan and her cyborg partner Briareos Hecatonchires, must save the world from an evil cyborg. Today, Hot Toys is delighted to officially introduce the 1/6th scale Collectible Figure of the iconic cyborg - Briareos Hecatonchires!

The movie-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Briareos Hecatonchires in Appleseed Alpha featuring newly sculpted mechanical head, newly developed muscular armored and textured body, specially tailored costume, highly-detailed weapons, and a hexagonal figure stand.

Appleseed fans don’t miss out!

SPECS:
The 1/6th scale Briareos Hecatonchires Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Briareos Hecatonchires in Appleseed Alpha
- Newly sculpted mechanical head sculpt
- Newly developed muscular armored and textured body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 33 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable armored palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of palms for holding weapons
- One (1) left palm for supporting weapons
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) dark green tactical vest
- One (1) pair of dark green gauntlets
- One (1) pair of dark green elbow pads
- One (1) black belt with pouches
- One (1) dark brown holster
- One (1) pair of green camouflage pants
- One (1) pair of dark green knee pads
- One (1) pair of dark green greaves
- One (1) pair of dark green boots

Weapons:
- One (1) sniper rifle
- One (1) pistol

Accessory:
- Hexagon-shaped figure stand with movie logo

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by N/A.
- Head Painted by N/A. Figure Painted by Jason Woo & Lok Ho
- Head Art Directed by N/A. Figure Art Directed by Jason Woo

Release date: Q3 – Q4, 2015

802903114.jpg

256048113.jpg

745523101.jpg

497332102.jpg

673991103.jpg

362745104.jpg

875458106.jpg

592443105.jpg

916339108.jpg

503463109.jpg

256048113.jpg

792708107.jpg

339017115.jpg

686655110.jpg

503849112.jpg

940925117.jpg

163056116.jpg

Last edited:
he would look better in black, than army camo, maybe toss him a black suit, white shirt & red tie & maybe a cocktail glass.

Plastic Enemies is teasing an imminent release for this guy. One of my most anticipated 2015 figures. Sadly an Alpha Deunan is probably not in the cards.

I wish there was a video review somewhere on the newest Briareos from Hot Toys. I know it has been released, but the only videos I could find were from the Secret Base display. I found a couple sets of pictures people took when searching Facebook. Nothing really telling anything about how good the figure is in-hand though.

Does anyone have any updated information when Sideshow expects the Briareos figure to be in stock?

Late Nov to early Dec. Got the notice today...

Thanks! Much appreciated. I was considering buying him or asking for him as a Christmas gift this year. So I'm glad there is an updated time frame of when to expect him in the US.

I wish there was a video review somewhere on the newest Briareos from Hot Toys. I know it has been released, but the only videos I could find were from the Secret Base display. I found a couple sets of pictures people took when searching Facebook. Nothing really telling anything about how good the figure is in-hand though.

fett42, here's a recent post by a collector on Youtube. I just saw it myself and now checking it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctdpVw9H3V8

fett42, here's a recent post by a collector on Youtube. I just saw it myself and now checking it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctdpVw9H3V8

Cool, thanks for the link. It is nice to see some in-hand images of this guy. Other than the limited articulation in the shoulders, he looks pretty good. I really want to buy him, but I've been saving my money for Hot Toys Star Wars figures. So I'm not really sure if I'll get him or not. I'm a big fan of the Appleseed movies. I used to have the original Hot Toys Briareos, but this new version looks superior without the rubber body suit. So I really want to pick him up at some point.

Cool, thanks for the link. It is nice to see some in-hand images of this guy. Other than the limited articulation in the shoulders, he looks pretty good. I really want to buy him, but I've been saving my money for Hot Toys Star Wars figures. So I'm not really sure if I'll get him or not. I'm a big fan of the Appleseed movies. I used to have the original Hot Toys Briareos, but this new version looks superior without the rubber body suit. So I really want to pick him up at some point.

Good luck feet42 on the Star Wars figures. The Alpha Briareos from ExMachina is really cool; it'd be nice to apply some new tech and re-release it. This new figure is good enough. I'm also debating whether to get it or Robocop ... but I just saw Hot Toys' post of Captain Phasma. She and Boba Fett standing next to each other will be really cool.

Briareos*is a solid figure, limited range of articulation though. We'll worth a purchase if you like appleseed. Very nice figure.

Back