Apple iPhone - Who's getting one...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grange Wallis

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't find a thread on this...I'm in Australia and can't wait for this mobile to be release, will more than likely wait for the G3 2nd Version of this gem of a phone.

So who out of you cashed up American are going to get on to this beauty???:monkey5

Yeah, Ill wait for the iphone 3.0 if anything which, knowing apple, will come out six weeks later. :lol

seriously, never buy the first run, wait for the glitches to be worked out and the price to come down...

Plus a lot of you won't get your emails on this depending on your ISP.

neat gizmo but i wouldn't use it. i have a phone and work pays for my blackberry so i don't need one. plus i'd be worried about breaking/scratching it.

I bought an iPod. Then I bought an iPod photo with a color screen. Then I bought a video iPod. Don't want to go through the same process with the iPhone...

I already have the Windows version. Which is great I can get all my emails most of them instantly. I can get to most web sites. I could care less about the MP3 part, I already have one. Plus ATT/Cingluar service sucks a lot of places I go.

Not interested either. Have a Blackberry that I use for work, and it does just about all that I need.

I doubt many companies will buy iPhones for their employees...way too many distractions compared to the Blackberry.

I'm interested because I live with Apple between computer equipment, iPod, and software, but it's exclusive to Cingular and right now I'm a Verizon user, but I'll be giving this some thought when my contract is up for renewal. I watched the whole keynote presentation on this, it's very impressive.

I barely use my cel phone and I don't have (or want) an ipod so I sure as heck don't need one of these.

the only way i'll get one is if its for free. for $500-$600 i could get a PS3 which i know i would get more use out of. my regular Razr phone works fine even though it sucks.

MaulFan said:
I'm interested because I live with Apple between computer equipment, iPod, and software, but it's exclusive to Cingular and right now I'm a Verizon user, but I'll be giving this some thought when my contract is up for renewal. I watched the whole keynote presentation on this, it's very impressive.

Wanna hear something interesting... Verizon was the first company Apple went to with the iPhone and they turned it down.

Memnoch21 said:
Wanna hear something interesting... Verizon was the first company Apple went to with the iPhone and they turned it down.

I think I actually caught that somewhere from a causal source. In a way, I can't blame them, there's no telling how successful or not this will be, but if it works out, I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon pursued Apple for it, and Apple being a corporation like any, I'm sure would happily take the extra business, providing their contracts with Cingular allow for it. The thing that lures me most about it is the text messaging and everything I use on my phone would run like my MAC computer, which is an environment I'm very comfortable with. I think this will appeal most to MAC computer owners, then iPod owners and filter down through people's MAC experiences and then the people who have had little dealings with MAC may get one for curiousity.

I'm definitely interested but have no cash at the moment, plus I'd like to see the bugs that come with the phone at launch worked out first.

I think Cingular has an exclusive 2 year window as you can only get the iPhone (last I heard) when signing up for a new contract and it was for 1 or 2 years. That may have changed though.

Ugh. I'm already in contract for another year.....I know they will add onto the contract without a problem (made that mistake already) but I'm really not all that happy with my Cingular service....

I just got a Q, but I hate the interface. If the iPhone is easier to use, I might consider it. But I'll wait until the bugs shake out.

I'm really looking forward to this phone, I like the OS X interface... I went from a PC to a back 2 & 1/2 years ago. I actually feel sorry for people still stuck on the Window platform... the Mac just seems and moves some much nicer and it's so logicial and practicial!

Darklord Dave said:
I just got a Q, but I hate the interface. If the iPhone is easier to use, I might consider it. But I'll wait until the bugs shake out.

I just got the Q as well, and really like it...

as far as the iPhone, def wait for the next few generations until I buy one, esp with such limited memory.

Back