1/6 Animated Clone Wars Anakin & Obi-Wan Sixth Scale Figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine.

Articulation: Hips feel loose, but they hold a pose. They are probably going to be an issue down the road because shaking the body does make them move a bit at the hip, where nothing else does. Currently have him posed in a wide stance, and he hasn't tipped over at all. Shoulders move smoothly. Butterfly joints move like they're loose, but they aren't. Apart from the hips everything is firm.

Outfit: Nothing worth noting that can't be seen in Sideshows photos and commercials for the figure, except a few things. The belt is sewn into the tabards at the back. The plastic bits on the belt spin around while handling the figure. Mine has a couple of issues on the tabard. The wire pokes out at the bottom, a lot. There is also some poorly sewn strands on the front of the tabard near the shoulder.

Sculpted Parts: I like it. It obviously softened in production, but to me it still looks 90% like the character in the show. I will say that mine is warped on the left of his jaw because of the way he was packaged and the thinness of the plastic in that area. But it's nothing hot water can't take care of. Hands are good. Glad they've all got wrist pegs. No looseness here. The gloves and boots are really tight on the body. Those won't be moving around and falling off while changing out the hands, or when the feet pop off if you go past their range of movement. The lightsaber blade has a bit of flashing near the tip on mine.

Overall, I'm glad I have this, as it's done in the animated style and unfortunately sideshow is the only game in town for this style of Clone Wars figure. If you didn't like the figure based on Sideshows commercials for the pair, having it in hand probably won't change your mind.

Had the figures come out exactly like the prototypes I wouldn't have had an issue paying the msrp. I had real high hopes for this line, but I can't recommend paying full price for these. As is, they shouldn't be priced more than $200. So if you're on the fence, wait for a deal. Hoping spooktacular has more than 10% off in stock items so I can bag Obi-Wan. I'll be contacting Sideshow about the tabard and the head if I can't get it back to normal, but I'm gonna wait a few days to see if anything else comes up, and I'll make sure to post about it.

Oh, and if you were thinking about doing a head swap with the hot toys cw Anakin, just to see what that's like, it's not possible. the neck on this one is attached to the torso.

Last edited:
I can't get him to stand in a straight up museum pose, and I think it's due to the ankles. Absolutely fine in dynamic poses though. :dunno

I can't get him to stand in a straight up museum pose, and I think it's due to the ankles. Absolutely fine in dynamic poses though. :dunno
Doesn’t sound to encouraging. Mine are now scheduled for a Tuesday delivery.
So, are the boots/gauntlets/clothes removable at all? Or is everything fixed permanently.

Doesn’t sound to encouraging. Mine are now scheduled for a Tuesday delivery.
So, are the boots/gauntlets/clothes removable at all? Or is everything fixed permanently.
I could get them to swivel so, I think they're removable. I don't plan on trying though, because it seems like such a tight fit that I feel that getting the sleeves back under them would be incredibly hard.

I've had him in a pose like this one, since that second post and he hasn't toppled over.

1660792390274.png

I'm guessing I just wasn't getting him to balance well. and if it isn't that, an easy fix for me would be to just stuff some paper towel into the foot to add more tension.

Though I shouldn't have to.

I might take his pants off tomorrow to see what the deal with the hips is, depending on how difficult it is to get those pants off.

took his pants off, saw a screw in his hip, tightened it, and that seemed to have fixed the looseness in the hip from side to side. The other side has a cover on it, and I haven't been able to get to it, but that side is significantly looser. Going forward and the little they can go back was not an issue before. Some chunks of plastic came out from under his leotard when I took the pants off and moved it around. but nothing seems to be broken. The waist pops out pretty easily when the pants are pulled down.

the boots don't seem to pull off, which I tried to do so that I didn't have to keep pulling the pants up to see if tightening the screw did anything. Gonna try again tomorrow to see if I can get that cover out.

Ankles were an easy fix, just added small pieces of a paper towel and he has no issue pulling off a museum pose now.

Pretty easy figure to undress up to a point. undo the belt at the back, pull it off. Undo the buttons on the robes, pull it off. What you're left with are the pants and unitard.

the boots and gloves are probably pegged into the respective limbs...

Last edited:
The waist pops out pretty easily when the pants are pulled down.
It was broken. plastic came from the ball socket. Couldn't see it last night, but in the morning it was a lot easier to spot.

And now the figure has been sent back to Sideshow for a replacement. Giving it one last chance. I hope mine was just a fluke and the figures you've got coming to you are without issues.

It was broken. plastic came from the ball socket. Couldn't see it last night, but in the morning it was a lot easier to spot.

And now the figure has been sent back to Sideshow for a replacement. Giving it one last chance. I hope mine was just a fluke and the figures you've got coming to you are without issues.
If a replacement comes in the same state as the first, I really hope you consider sending them both back for a refund. I love TCW more than anything but jesus I really don't think anyone should support the disgusting business practices that Sideshow have taken with these figures. They deserve to lose out on a lot of money for the lack of respect they've shown to both customers and the show + the shortcuts they've taken with these figures.

Yeah, I'm absolutely just gonna call it quits and ask for a refund if the second has issues. I was gonna do it right now, but I really want to like this figure, but I get the feeling that most of them are gonna have some sort of issue. I asked if there was a way to guarantee I get a good figure and they ignored that question when they sent over the label.

Yeah, I'm absolutely just gonna call it quits and ask for a refund if the second has issues. I was gonna do it right now, but I really want to like this figure, but I get the feeling that most of them are gonna have some sort of issue. I asked if there was a way to guarantee I get a good figure and they ignored that question when they sent over the label.
I really want to like these figures too! I wanted to be all in for this line, despite the figures not living up to the prototypes. But…if they’re making these cheaper than cheap, and feel like they’re going fall apart, I’ll have to return them as well. I mean, the way you describe the head warpage, it almost sounds like they rotocasted the head. It would explain the obvious downgrade in quality and the warpage.

was wondering if this SS Anakin's Jedi robe gonna looks OK on HT ROTS one or not though. The HT's robe is comedically short.

I don't think it would fit. Anakin is pretty thin, so it would probably look like the equivalent of skinny jeans on him.

Back