1/6 Animated Clone Wars Anakin & Obi-Wan Sixth Scale Figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or they actually like them. People have liked worse figures that were more expensive before after all.
Yet they feel the need to convince everyone else that it’s “not that bad” and it’s “better in hand”.

I’ve made the mistake of listening to “better in hand” opinions before; never again.

If someone likes it then fine but that doesn’t stop it from being a steaming pile of TopHat, just like their Grievous which also has it’s fans.

Still waiting for more pics. I do think that Kenobi portrait looks a bit better than Anakin, but they are still not good. Sounds like the bodies have typical SS QC problems. I'm drooling over that Cad Bane, but won't justify it if these don't get better.

Yet they feel the need to convince everyone else that it’s “not that bad” and it’s “better in hand”.

I’ve made the mistake of listening to “better in hand” opinions before; never again.

If someone likes it then fine but that doesn’t stop it from being a steaming pile of TopHat, just like their Grievous which also has it’s fans.
Hey now, Grievous is a work of art compared to these too. :lol

The only real problem with Grievous is the engineering of the body, and it's floppiness of his arms. If you can get him in a pose you like and leave him, he looks great on the shelf. And he (for those like myself that picked up the original) cost LESS than these two!! That in itself is insane.

These two looked great in the initial photos and had me excited for the potential of this line. But the production pieces are so off from the quality of the prototypes, I just don't see how anyone can justify these guys. The head sculpts came out so bad & soft that they look like they are from the Disney store. And now hearing about the bodies and quality of the clothing, this line seems like just a disappointment.

Maybe if they hit 50% off... :dunno

For me the sculpts/paints apps actually aren’t that bad. The bigger problem looks to be the wobbly bodies and some of the tailoring. Also they were priced way too high.

Got my replacement figure today. The obvious flaws I could spot with the first one are not present here. The hips are tighter on this body, but not as tight as I would like. Maybe it's just the copium talking, but I think I'm gonna keep this one. Keeping the shipper too, just in case something pops up that requires a return and refund.

These look like great bases for customs, tbh. Some paintwork might help them too.

And while customs armatures have their places, they need to NOT COST $250. For $100 i can forgive much. For HT prices im gonna need more from you SSC. You are not yet in that league.

These look like great bases for customs, tbh. Some paintwork might help them too.

And while customs armatures have their places, they need to NOT COST $250. For $100 i can forgive much. For HT prices im gonna need more from you SSC. You are not yet in that league.
Yup. If it wasn’t for the 10% off, plus reward points, I wouldn’t have bitten. And even after that, I’m not sure they will be worth it. I’ll know for sure on Monday. My hope is that I’ll be able to enjoy having them in the collection. As the line continues, I hope the quality improves.

Price for sure is an issue. Had these been priced like a three zero I’d be ordering Obi wan right now. As is, I’m gonna need a code and more RP before I bite.

Narrator: They wont be.
That price sounds about right.
I was onboard and I day one preordered these. They were one of the only highlights for me as I prepared to hit SDCC. Early pics were sus and the SS vids didn’t alleviate that. Upon lovingly reviewing them at the SS booth and about 3 weeks of more review and budget negotiations with my 10yo self and my bro @Lee in MI, we made the decision to cut these from the collection. Shame too b/c Cad Bane, Yoda, and to a lesser degree, Ahsoka look really good. But SS can knock the hell outta a prototype, but production doesn’t meet my value standards. For those who still believe in this line, I totally envy your stick-to-it-ness!

If they were $150 each I could see myself getting them. I really don’t think they’re awful but the pricing is ridiculous.

I actually thought Sideshow had turned a corner because I recently got their figure of The Dude from The Big Lebowski and while not perfect it’s pretty good.

They seem to be very hit and miss in sixth scale.

They’ve been doing some good stuff lately but I do have a weird collection of Marvel v1 and DC v1 & v2 that I’m not totally happy with and the Grievous rollout didn’t leave me thinking that hey, maybe they’ll correct the heads at some point 🤔. I love SS but they are more apt to just ignore this, as they have been doing. A premium figure with premium pricing should not be softened like this. Not for $255. Someone mentioned rotocasting 🥴 S—t that would not be good if that explains what happened here. That would be like paying $255 for a Jazzwares effort.

Ok. I believe I have good news.
This was the worst unboxing I’ve ever experienced….only because of the few photos and feedback that have been shown so far, I was slightly terrifyied.
So, it was nice to be pleasantly surprised! They’re not perfect and I have my nitpicks. They’re not the prototypes and the price point is still hard to swallow. But…in opening the box and taking the plastic off I was looking at a couple of solid figures. The subtle paint applications are very hard for the camera to pick up, but they’re there. I don’t know that you’d want to detail them more then they are, except for (maybe) just a little bit on the hair/beard/eyebrows. I don’t think it’s necessary, but I’ll digest these and see.
The heads are solid. Not rotocast. The sculpt is thinner at the jawline, so this explains possible warpage in the packaging. A little heat will fix it right up. Mine were fine.
The clothing is better than I thought it would be. I was expecting to hate Obi’s tunic. I still would have preferred a smoother material, but it looks and feels good.
The bodies? Typical sideshow, I think. Some joints are tight, others loose. The wrists on both figures seem a little too loose. One of Anakin’s legs side-to-side articulation is a little to loose for my liking, so I’ll be checking it closer just to make sure nothing is broken.
All of these pics are straight out of the box, no photo edits. No futzing whatsoever! I literally took them out of the box, took the robes off (really like the robes) posed the right arm up and took the pictures.
10F1FB44-3066-4170-9AB7-9BE557F8026A.jpeg
39FE88E0-79F9-4B5F-83C4-0920B6EDEEC5.jpeg
466D8719-0C9B-4A95-B871-3867920165F9.jpeg
95A2DCC6-CE4F-47C8-8CB4-B61594A7CA28.jpeg
F703DB20-E4D1-458E-861F-A781223B0F14.jpeg
C0A8D002-6342-49DD-8A55-D6A6E5A23DE1.jpeg
443287EF-727B-4F8D-9C0A-84A6ACE245F8.jpeg
747DCF5F-F41A-4A98-B0F6-A6BBB9B7C781.jpeg
9AE0CD22-0766-4EB5-BB32-F03CB64F64BB.jpeg
5433F321-9F00-4189-8574-979CE9E83EBB.jpeg
353863B0-4A72-4307-88C5-2B8FA41F44B5.jpeg
0A028845-F93C-4505-8670-7B44BD45CEC5.jpeg
2F132D32-85A1-4B91-BF89-697C4E49AB67.jpeg
DB39EF04-7834-4E3C-88B8-E82A065C5F05.jpeg
1F9F7236-17DB-4246-A67C-F1965B902501.jpeg
4E55F488-DCA4-475D-9991-514C651404D7.jpeg

Looking pretty good there. I still think some sort of light wash on the hair and beard will help.

I think the flat and simple paint represents the show accurately, so I have no qualms there. Thanks for the pictures!

mine has been shipped, eagerly waiting for judgement day. I haven't bought any SS-made products after ANH Tie pilot and AT-AT driver in 2019.

Back