1/6 Animated Clone Wars Anakin & Obi-Wan Sixth Scale Figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm disappointed for anyone that was really looking forward to these but like Chris said, yeah absolutely typical. Hopefully a lot of people held off on ordering because this is inexcusable.

You put more thought and energy into writing that than they did for the production version of the figures.

My sources tell me it's going to be Pong Krell surprisingly. I have a leaked image here.

View attachment 588058
I only just had time to watch any of these clown SS videos. Wow pinhead is an understatement !!!

That's just embarrassing. As Captain Trips mentioned they've managed to #### up a goldmine of a chance with Animated style figures.

Ahsoka doesn't look any better imo, and that's the prototype from the newsletter email.

Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 19.05.09.jpg

In this shot, she's on par with Anakin and Obi-Wan prototypes IMO. Too bad Sideshow can't figure out the recipe to avoid such downgrades in production.

They’ve deleted most of the negative comments on the Obi-Wan unboxing video. Shameful.
I cannot believe this. I hope every person who has these figures on PO either cancels them or sends them back after unboxing them.

Deep down I was hoping that Sideshow would look at the response to the reveal and delay the figures to improve them. (Especially since they’re asking for such an absurd amount of money for them!!) After the whole Grievous debacle though, I can’t see them being decent like that.

I just want to see Yoda‘s production form. I once had a friend give me green tea KitKats. I bet he’ll remind me of those, but with softer edges.

C4616E1A-38D3-416C-868A-23E191B8F0F0.jpeg

I always thought Medicom would have done a great job with these in 1/6.
I really want to collect this line. Looking forward to some in hand reviews for a different perspective. If I could just fix them with paint, that would be one thing, but the production sculpt is concerning.

As I ordered from KGHobby I’d have to eat a 15% charge of the full price to cancel…
Am I willing to pay to not have these?
Will I get more than a 15% reduction of the asking price if I fry to sell them on myself?
Will I perhaps enjoy them in hand?
Maybe.

All I know is that Ahsoka, who should have been the most exciting announcement to date, is by far the most disappointing. Sideshow are just an abomination of incompetence.

Maybe there’s some sort of conspiracy where the Chinese factories that put these figures together are instructed to botch all of them so an American company can never dream of competing with HT or even third parties… Nah, I’m pretty sure SSC just suck.

Canceled mine today and got back my NRD. I still want them, but by the sound of things, these are gonna linger for quite a while, and I'd rather get 'em on discount.

Noticed they replaced all the old images with shots of the production figures.

If they made a 1 for 1 product to the proto, these would've sold like hot cakes. Will they ever learn?

The listings for these have been updated with new photos, probably so they can avoid the false advertising claims.

Maybe there’s some sort of conspiracy where the Chinese factories that put these figures together are instructed to botch all of them so an American company can never dream of competing with HT or even third parties… Nah, I’m pretty sure SSC just suck.

It's not a conspiracy, but it's not a secret as to why Sideshow, Big Chief, Mondo, and whoever else there is making 1/6 that's not based in Asia, consistently has problems with their output.

No one can afford to have an employee (or no one has an employee that is willing to) relocate to China, to oversee the production to ensure it's made properly.

These remind me of the very stylized Medicom figures from back in the day. Except those had details that didn’t soften in production.

It's not a conspiracy, but it's not a secret as to why Sideshow, Big Chief, Mondo, and whoever else there is making 1/6 that's not based in Asia, consistently has problems with their output.

No one can afford to have an employee (or no one has an employee that is willing to) relocate to China, to oversee the production to ensure it's made properly.
Not only this, but I believe one of our fellow members who works for LimToys mentioned that Hot Toys has a hold over all the best factories. But definitely your point as well b/c even many third part companies (who are more than likely based in China) seem to have great output from proto to production in all departments like SooSooToys for instance who's production figures are pretty dang close to their protos. At the same time though, it makes you wonder what's Star Ace's excuse for terrible end products when they're right there? 🤔

Last edited:
Back