Ani-Com HK Expo 2011 - Hot Toys Batman Begins Exclusive Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why you are all getting your hopes up again. Didn't we learn anything from the Scarecrow/Demon Batman disaster? If these aren't ready for SDCC, and it seems they aren't, then Sideshow won't be getting them since HT will likely want these to remain Asian exclusives again. So most of us are going to be SOL and paying out the rear for them if we want them. Just when I thought HT was learning from their mistakes...

I have it on blu ray and I still ended up watching it on AMC, it's just that good! The "Didn't you get the memo" part in the end is my favorite...OK back to hype!!!

It's one of those films you just have to watch if it's on TV, no matter if you own it and when you flip over to it.

Like die hard or terminator 2.

I don't know why you are all getting your hopes up again. Didn't we learn anything from the Scarecrow/Demon Batman disaster? If these aren't ready for SDCC, and it seems they aren't, then Sideshow won't be getting them since HT will likely want these to remain Asian exclusives again. So most of us are going to be SOL and paying out the rear for them if we want them. Just when I thought HT was learning from their mistakes...

:goodpost::exactly:
I'm really getting sick of these exclusives. It's bad enough when it's just accessories, but to make whole figures exclusive to a region is just ridiculous. Have they made a SDCC only exclusive before? They should only make those anime type characters they just announced as Asian exclusives. It's really annoying that HT picked two movies almost everyone is interested in. I'm suprised there isn't a lot of pissing and moaning going on in the two threads and on FB. Come on people start raising hell!:gah:

The only guys being affected by the words HK Exclusive are the US. For Europeans every figure is an exclusive at least when it comes to the price. Trust me guys, you get used to it. :lol

Edit:

Oh and all your SDCC, Toysrus and Wallmart Excl. Are a pain to get overhere. :lol

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

The only guys being affected by the words HK Exclusive are the US. For Europeans every figure is an exclusive at least when it comes to the price. Trust me guys, you get used to it. :lol

Edit:

Oh and all your SDCC, Toysrus and Wallmart Excl. Are a pain to get overhere. :lol

Post of the year!!! :clap

US > Rest of the world

funny-pictures-oh-no-you-di-idnt.jpg

Edit:

The day Europeans start making blockbuster movies, is the day Europeans can complain about not having access to a figure from that movie.:nana: What do you guys have to offer other than Mr. Bean?:dunno

The way I see it, the profit you could make from flipping the SDCC Iron Man could be enough to buy this figure. Which means that, by not including this figure at SDCC, Hot Toys is inadvertently encouraging flipping.

The day Europeans start making blockbuster movies, is the day Europeans can complain about not having access to a figure from that movie.:nana: What do you guys have to offer other than Mr. Bean?:dunno

Mr. Bean dont represent my country, Spain. For me the best cinema belong to US. EEUU has the best cinema but Spain has the best food :1-1:

hahahaha... well.

Needless to say, I disagree with that statement completely.

Yeah US gives us best cinema and best comic books - but food almost anywhere outside the US is better.

Hot Toys is inadvertently encouraging flipping.

And they should care because? :lol

Flipping only hurts buyers, not companies so HT will get paid regardless. And when it comes to pointing the finger, blame the greedy flippers not the companies who are just making products.

I'm just saying, why shouldn't I flip a figure for a ridiculously high price if I'm going to have to pay that ridiculously high price for a figure that I want?

I'm just saying, why shouldn't I flip a figure for a ridiculously high price if I'm going to have to pay that ridiculously high price for a figure that I want?

Yeah, why shouldn't you?

Again that has nothing to do with the company who makes the product. That would be your choice to do that. And you would be 100% to blame. So I don't see that as HT "encouraging" people to do that. That's like saying Sony encourages robbery since their TV's are expensive.

Let me rephrase: I believe that Hot Toys is inadvertently encouraging flipping by making their figures limited to a specific region. Why does Asia gets the Iron Man as well, yet we don't get the Begins and Predator 2 figure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back