Amoktime releasing their own horror figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Army of Darkness > Sommers' The Mummy. I agree that AoD was more comedy/horror, but it still had some horror aspects in it whereas Sommers' Mummy was a watered down adventure/romance for toddlers. It has more in common with Romancing the Stone than the film it was pillaged from. :monkey1

There's no arguing Army of Darkness > Sommers' The Mummy. My point is that AOD is almost full on spoof/adventure comedy with the only horror elements being holdovers from the first two ED films. The first Mummy on the other hand actually had scenes that were supposed to be suspenseful and creepy. I just think it gets a bad rap from the awful MUMMY RETURNS, which expanded the flaws from the first film and amplified them to a terrible degree.

And sure, if you look at THE MUMMY as a remake of the 1932 film, it's a complete failure. But when you look at it as a remake (in plot and tone) of THE MUMMY'S HAND (1940) you will realize how faithful it really is. TMH is same type of Saturday morning adventure/comedy with horror, the 1999 film is. It isn't the artistic classic the 1932 film was, but then neither was the 1999 version. Just carefree entertainment.

sacrifice.jpeg

my_112WeiszVosloo.jpg

moran3.jpg

mumie-2.jpg

Hourly wages and shipping really have little to do with it. Unfortunately the U.S.'s lame sue happy mentality and the gag-inspiring cost of insurance will ensure China's longevity for many years to come.
--

DAMN RIGHT.

Quite simply . . . the US have lost the determination and will to actually remain . . . want . . . to be competitive in manufacturing for a variety of reasons. The US can only blame itself. Enough said.

Excuse me while I enjoy my cheap Chinese made goods while hoping it's basically lead free and will not necessarily kill me unlike made in the USA products that are overpriced.

:slap

Its a catch-22... I don't want to pre-order something that might never get made, but if I don't pre-order then it is less likely to get made :huh

Not the best business model :lol

But at the end of the day I'm happy to have Gort and Klaatu in my collection :rock

i love this place i get my comics from amoktime and i get to see all the prototypes when they get them in i saw the elvira the other day looks really good

Re: A Bigger and Better Amoktime is coming soon!!!!!!!!!!

https://amoktime.com/moving1.html

BIGGER AND BETTER, AMOK TIME IS MOVING!

This year marks Amok Time’s 19th in business and we are making some big changes. First off, we are moving to our biggest location ever! That’s right as of February 1st we will no longer be at our current location.

Our New Location is: 108C New South Road, Hicksville NY 11801 (Right next to the New South Diner) The new location is under 4 miles from the old location. Our new location is triple the size of our past location and has everything we need to grow. Questions:
Q: Will my preorders still be valid?
A: YES. All preorder/orders will still be valid and nothing will change.

Q: With the move, will I miss anything?
A: Absolutely not, we will have a smooth transition. You will be able to shop in the old location till January 29th Our new location opens February 2nd.

Q: Will the comics be delayed?
A: No, all comics and merchandise will not be delayed at all.

Q: Will the phone number change?
A: No. All phone numbers/fax/web and e-mail will remain the same.

JANUARY STOREWIDE SALE!
What better way to celebrate this occasion that to have a great month long sale! That’s right starting January 2nd and going till January 29th Amok Time (walk in location only) will have a month long sale! All items will be 20-50 % off!

We would like to thank each and every one of you that made this possible.
Your continued support allowed us to expand again. We truly appreciate all of your support.

Out with the old in with the new!
Paul James Lazo
President
Amoktime.com

Please note our new address as of February 1st 2011:
AMOK TIME INC. 108 C New South Road, Hicksville NY 11801
Ph: 516.520.0975 Fax: 516.520.0628 Web: www.amoktime.com

:rock :D

Back