Amoktime releasing their own horror figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the Masque of Red Death figure ever released? It would be a shame if that awesome Vincent Price sculpt never saw production.

Well they have an It! mask. I wonder if the mask sculptors would be able to make a 1:6 version?....... :rolleyes2

No. Glad you are with me. Misery loves company. This move by them has made me so angry and disappointed that I may not buy from them anymore.:gah::mad::mad::mad:

I will have a "comfort" piece to show off since they scrapped my figure. But it wont be ready for a month or maybe six weeks yet.:pray:

Re: Amoktime releasing their own horror figures, Some good news and BAD news

To our valued customers,

My emphasis, from the inception of Amok Time, is to bring collectors items you will not find anywhere else. Amok Time is unique. We have been successful in bringing lines to market that most manufacturers would not attempt to manufacture. In the past on our Myspace blog (February 25, 2008) I stated ” All items produced by Amok Time or Executive Replica's will be "M.T.O.". "M.T.O." = Made to order. Some production numbers might be changed according to our pre-orders. What that means is, if we initially set orders for only 500 pcs. but take 800 orders, we will produce enough to fulfill all pre-orders, in the other case if we set a production run for 500 and only get 100 orders an item may be delayed or in the worst case cancelled. This system, (M.T.O.) is used by businesses to gauge interest and customer demand.”
I am sure most of you understand this but I am making reference to it again so you can understand the following delays and unfortunate cancellations.

The following items will unfortunately have a few set backs.
Here are the new dates for the following items:

Tarman February 2011
Killer Klowns March 2011
Super Size Frankenstein September 2011
Blacula September 2011
Vincent Price Red Death Undetermined
Bub 12in Collectors Figure Undetermined
It the Terror Cancelled

The items with release dates will definitely see production in 2011.

What about my preorder? Anyone who preorders by credit card is charged nothing until an order ships. So if a preorder was placed and is delayed for 1 day or 10 years you are charged nothing until the item ships. If you paid by PayPal we have no control over when to charge your order because it is like sending cash, that is how PayPal works and again we have no control over that. If you would like to cancel your order, and get a PayPal refund, just contact us with your order number, and it will be done ASAP.

I truly hope everyone can see the tenacity of our efforts to bring you the collector something that most other companies would not have an affinity for.

On the positive side, Elvira leaves China next week and will arrive in September. This is an item that suffered some setbacks and as promised will arrive for all who ordered to enjoy!

My pledge to each of you is that the wait will be worth it and you will not be disappointed.
Thank you for your understanding and support,
Paul James Lazo
President
Amok Time Inc.

What about the 12 inch Re-animator Herbert West? I pre-ordered that figure ages ago through BBTS...

What about the 12 inch Re-animator Herbert West? I pre-ordered that figure ages ago through BBTS...

Yeah I'm waiting for the too. I'm guessing it will get canceled because it seems so underrated in this thread. Such a shame.

I've lost interest in Amoktime, the set backs are just way too annoying. The only one i'll bother tracking down at this point is the Klown.

To our valued customers,

My emphasis, from the inception of Amok Time, is to bring collectors items you will not find anywhere else. Amok Time is unique. We have been successful in bringing lines to market that most manufacturers would not attempt to manufacture. In the past on our Myspace blog (February 25, 2008) I stated ” All items produced by Amok Time or Executive Replica's will be "M.T.O.". "M.T.O." = Made to order. Some production numbers might be changed according to our pre-orders. What that means is, if we initially set orders for only 500 pcs. but take 800 orders, we will produce enough to fulfill all pre-orders, in the other case if we set a production run for 500 and only get 100 orders an item may be delayed or in the worst case cancelled. This system, (M.T.O.) is used by businesses to gauge interest and customer demand.”
I am sure most of you understand this but I am making reference to it again so you can understand the following delays and unfortunate cancellations.

The following items will unfortunately have a few set backs.
Here are the new dates for the following items:

Tarman February 2011
Killer Klowns March 2011
Super Size Frankenstein September 2011
Blacula September 2011
Vincent Price Red Death Undetermined
Bub 12in Collectors Figure Undetermined
It the Terror Cancelled

The items with release dates will definitely see production in 2011.

What about my preorder? Anyone who preorders by credit card is charged nothing until an order ships. So if a preorder was placed and is delayed for 1 day or 10 years you are charged nothing until the item ships. If you paid by PayPal we have no control over when to charge your order because it is like sending cash, that is how PayPal works and again we have no control over that. If you would like to cancel your order, and get a PayPal refund, just contact us with your order number, and it will be done ASAP.

I truly hope everyone can see the tenacity of our efforts to bring you the collector something that most other companies would not have an affinity for.

On the positive side, Elvira leaves China next week and will arrive in September. This is an item that suffered some setbacks and as promised will arrive for all who ordered to enjoy!

My pledge to each of you is that the wait will be worth it and you will not be disappointed.
Thank you for your understanding and support,
Paul James Lazo
President
Amok Time Inc.

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear Elvira is finally coming out this month. It's about time, Amok Time. I've had her on pre-order since September of last year at CSC. I can't believe it's been a year since I ordered her! The only other order I waited a very long time (5 1/2 mo.) for was my Diskvision Eve (Girl Next Door Version) from Hobbyfan, which was worth it.

One thing to keep in mind about Herbert West, he's being made by Executive Replicas who have been more consistent with getting things out compared to AmokTime.

Back