ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could of done better with this effect, but I sure appreciate them adding it.

FIGURE-034713_05.jpg

I think that was meant to be the Code of Hero scene where he tries to zap Quickstrike, but ran out of juice.

TJ how do you like this thing, the head looks weird but the rest looks awesome...

Here's the review link. Honestly I love it but the review definitely goes into detail with my nitpicks on it as well: https://kumastyledesigns.com/x2toys-skycrusher-review/

------------

The next installment of "The Fan's Project" is up. This time looking back at the original explorer release:

Title-FB-03-XFire02a.png

Few pics from the galla portion:

9-136.png

11-121.png

7-145.png

He lights up, and he's twice the height of Primal. You can get it for that price on Japanese retailer sites.

Hey guys!! I was wondering what are some good 3rd party masterpiece megatron figures? The official one is a little out pf my price range at the moment but I want something to go with my other masterpiece figures. Any suggestions?

It really depends on which version you prefer. I actually bought DX-9 Mightron after seeing the MP version and deciding it wasn't for me. The only one which had serious QC issues was X-Transbots Apollyon, although I have it in gun mode and mine has always been fine. If you prefer the toon accurate look I'd recommend waiting for the reissue of MP Megatron or picking up a KO version, although I'm not sure if it's been KO'ed yet.

Hey guys!! I was wondering what are some good 3rd party masterpiece megatron figures? The official one is a little out pf my price range at the moment but I want something to go with my other masterpiece figures. Any suggestions?

Well you have some options, there are three classic version on the market and one coming. The one that's not out yet is oversized so he'll tower over a regular MP style collection.

That's this guy here

Wei Jiang NE-01 NEW EVOLUTION MEGAMASTER

the rest have been out for awhile and you might need to search around if you actually want one.

X-Transbots MX-I APOLLYON (The oldest one, had some QC problems but a nice figure)

MakeToys MTRM-08 DESPOTRON

DX9 Toys D09 MIGHTRON

here's a comparison picture of the ones released so far.

GxzRB6Vl.jpg

Honestly, if you're going the 3rd party route, I'd say MakeToys Despotron. Reason being is that not only is it a solid piece as a toy, but it actually goes for a unique stylization vs. Apollyon and whatever the DX9 one is which go for a more slavish G1 look that MP-36 just beats them out in. I'd rather get the best of something unique than something I have to look at and know another version achieves better.

--------------------------------

some TFX-06 and 07 love:

13-110.png

As a scale modeller I have being wondering that how come there are no TF-model kits? There are just few, but all in all there is like 2-3 model kits and all of those have being sold out long ago.

Don't people like building their own model kits? Sure, they can't transform, but there are tons of TF-figures that can't transform and folks buy those. The good thing with model kits is that they can be super detailed, and you can paint them yourself. I think all Gundam kits are made of colored plastic, so you don't have to paint them, but you can. With an airbrush and with a little practice, you can made them really cool. And even if you would buy an airbrush, it would be cheaper that buing those ultra detailed statues that are like 800-1500 dollars each. I bet that model kits would be cheaper, even the higher grade ones.

Back