ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a scale modeller I have being wondering that how come there are no TF-model kits? There are just few, but all in all there is like 2-3 model kits and all of those have being sold out long ago.

Don't people like building their own model kits? Sure, they can't transform, but there are tons of TF-figures that can't transform and folks buy those. The good thing with model kits is that they can be super detailed, and you can paint them yourself. I think all Gundam kits are made of colored plastic, so you don't have to paint them, but you can. With an airbrush and with a little practice, you can made them really cool. And even if you would buy an airbrush, it would be cheaper that buing those ultra detailed statues that are like 800-1500 dollars each. I bet that model kits would be cheaper, even the higher grade ones.

The non-transforming factor is likely the biggest culprit. Normally takes a pretty high-end piece to get over with the community not having that gimmick. On the other hand, Sentinel is apparently doing some kits (unk when they release.) I remember they showed at least Optimus Prime at Wonderfest.

Also, there was an God Ginrai resin kit that was a Wonderfest exclusive at some point, but no mass-released items that I can think of. I have a ton of 1/100 kits and I agree with your general sentiment.

As a scale modeller I have being wondering that how come there are no TF-model kits? There are just few, but all in all there is like 2-3 model kits and all of those have being sold out long ago.

Don't people like building their own model kits? Sure, they can't transform, but there are tons of TF-figures that can't transform and folks buy those. The good thing with model kits is that they can be super detailed, and you can paint them yourself. I think all Gundam kits are made of colored plastic, so you don't have to paint them, but you can. With an airbrush and with a little practice, you can made them really cool. And even if you would buy an airbrush, it would be cheaper that buing those ultra detailed statues that are like 800-1500 dollars each. I bet that model kits would be cheaper, even the higher grade ones.

Agreed on this as well.

It would give that option to those that don’t want to fork over 1K on a statue and to be honest, I’d love ten idea of PG style TF model kits. Imagine the possibilities.

Has TT ever done this? I wouldn’t mind Bandai taking a shot at the license, it would be a match made in heaven. I have several PG kits and they are such a thrill to do.

On other news, MP12+ is out. I have it on my AE account sitting there until Sunstreaker and MP10 B become available.

22-37.png

I’ve just got fantoys Kup and maketoys starscream looks like they’ve just come out of the cartoon
Especially happy with starscream looks decent now with megatron
60E2BED3-0B33-4253-99E2-EFE157C85CE1.jpg1F978E9D-E986-4E35-98C8-21FBE615D814.jpg61B0743E-47C7-4F3A-9BB1-D49F8481D00C.jpgFEFFA4CD-723B-4A72-9209-0595EFAE1374.jpg2E155A02-5C12-435B-9E6D-A3D60CE9F167.jpgD43B328E-B531-4D73-86DD-B6E88032201E.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of those designs, and what the animated film represents (the move into a more purely sci-fi aesthetic for the show), but damn if those '86ers don't look great together.

Love those Kup, Springer, and Starscream designs. They looked like they jumped right out of the screen.

Same here.. just wanted to make sure that I had not missed anything. I’m looking forward to seeing the finish product. If he turns out as good as Optimus and they continue this line I can see myself buying lots of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back