ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I see they're also doing a second run of the MP Rodimus... BBTS said there were improvements made because of problems. What were the problems?

Bad paint apps, loose joints, bits that didnt snap together properly when they should, weak bits that would snap easily etc.
Really horrific QC considering how much he costs.

MP-10 will NOT be the same size as Grimlock and the seekers, he will be bigger. iGear's Faith Leader is the same height as the MP seekers and a little smaller than Grimlock which fits the scale correctly.

If you don't mind your Prime being taller than Grimlock then I guess this isn't much of a problem.

This video has a reference for scale with Starscream, skip to 6:45

This forum post has a pic with Faith Leader next to MP Grimlock.

https://z7.invisionfree.com/Transfanatics/index.php?showtopic=2417
Thanks for the response. Weird that they made Hot Rod bigger than Grimlock and the Seekers. I guess scale is not gonna be perfect either way here, but I kind of like the idea of Prime being a bit bigger than the others. Just not a giant like MP01 Prime.

Still, I'm thinking of picking them both up, then deciding which one to keep once I see how they stack up with my other figures. . .

Hmm seems the video didn't post correctly, I've updated my post with the video of Faith Leader next to MP Starscream

Bad paint apps, loose joints, bits that didnt snap together properly when they should, weak bits that would snap easily etc.
Really horrific QC considering how much he costs.

Yikes, no kidding eh?

Thanks for the response. Weird that they made Hot Rod bigger than Grimlock and the Seekers. I guess scale is not gonna be perfect either way here, but I kind of like the idea of Prime being a bit bigger than the others. Just not a giant like MP01 Prime.

Still, I'm thinking of picking them both up, then deciding which one to keep once I see how they stack up with my other figures. . .

Okay, so Rodimus is the same size as this new Optimus... so Grimlock is STILL smaller than even this new smaller version of OP?

Well, I was contemplating getting this new Rodimus but I think I'll pass now, if he towers over everyone...

I'll be waiting for the inevitable hasbro US release of hotrod personally.
I'll probably do the same with this new OP as well.

Only thing is he'll have the short stacks. I dunno - just seems like he's been neutered or something when they do that.

Hmm seems the video didn't post correctly, I've updated my post with the video of Faith Leader next to MP Starscream

Oh good, it wasn't just me. Looking forward to this...

Okay, so Rodimus is the same size as this new Optimus... so Grimlock is STILL smaller than even this new smaller version of OP?
Apparently so. . .or at least, they are close to the same height, whereas the IGear Prime is more in scale with Grimlock if you use the cartoon as a reference.

3171158647683616.jpg

Thanks. I do like his size relative to Starscream and Grimlock. . .

MP-10 will NOT be the same size as Grimlock and the seekers, he will be bigger. iGear's Faith Leader is the same height as the MP seekers and a little smaller than Grimlock which fits the scale correctly.

If you don't mind your Prime being taller than Grimlock then I guess this isn't much of a problem.

This video has a reference for scale with Starscream, skip to 6:45

YouTube - iGear Faith Leader PP01 review (mini MP Prime)

This forum post has a pic with Faith Leader next to MP Grimlock.

https://z7.invisionfree.com/Transfanatics/index.php?showtopic=2417

Thanks for the vid - maybe I will be getting this after all. Cheaper, too.

I have in shop igear's faith leader. It's a piece of crap. bad joints, mold burrs, mis-aligned stamping, bad paint apps, cheap (I mean worse than KO quality) plastic, light weight - I can go on and on. If you collect KOs... get one.

Wait. . .you should get one if you collect KOs, even though it is worse than KO quality? :confused:

TFW reviews I've seen said the 2nd batch was pretty decent, though the first release had a weird texture to the plastic. I don't want something the feels really cheap, though. . .any other thoughts re: quality by those who have this? Just tonight, I was seriously thinking of picking one up, but now I'm second guessing myself.

I don't generally collect KOs (the only one I have is a WST-scaled Devastator/Constructicon set), but I really like the idea of a better scaled MP Prime--I think that is the best Transformer mold ever made. But low quality would be a deal breaker, particularly at the price it sells for.

I have the second release and it sounds like it is much improved on the first version. The only complaint I hear about this version is it feels light, when compared to MP-01. Well obviously it's going to feel light, there's no die cast and it's much smaller. The figure is really great and I have high hopes for the seekers and maybe a Ultra Magnus Armor set.

I have the first version and think the quality is fine. I also have the black version which did seem like it had slightly nicer plastic. I imagine the second version has plastic that is comparable to the black version. Even though the 2nd version probably has slightly better plastic, I still prefer the first version as it comes with the awesome anime head. The anime head is soooo much nicer than the standard noggin.

I have the second release of Faith Leader and there's nothing wrong with the plastic at all, it doesn't feel as nice as the plastics Has/Tak or Fansproject use but it's by no means awful.

The lack of diecast obviously makes it feel a bit different compared to the official one but it eradicates the balance issues so it's a lot more fun to handle when it comes to reposing it.

The only issue I've had with mine is that the rifle doesn't fit as tightly in his hands as it should which I believe is something inherited from the original mold.

Last edited:
It's a shame that Sideswipe doesn't have silver paint. He suffers from a horrible backpack, but the mold itself looks pretty good. Not as good as Sidearm Sideswipe (the definitive version of that character IMO), but it looks to be much better then the first deluxe. Looks like it can actually stand too. :rotfl

Sidearm Sideswipe is a great figure. I hope this is a really good one too. I think I'm the most excited about Sentinel Prime and the leader class Ironhide.

Back