ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm most excited bout that snap-on kit Prime, and usually I don't even second look figures that cost more than a leader. It's just so wonderfully made, and everything else coming from this movie is, sad to say, not living up to it. I'd love a DOTM Megs though.

The Voyager lacks his shotgun, netting on the hood and those psycho chains wrapped around his torso.

Bout that Sideswipe though, I still need to pick up a Sidearm. Just sold off my original ROTF one.

Great figures already!
awuq1i.jpg

I thought those rallybot were decepticons? :confused:

I have the second release and it sounds like it is much improved on the first version. The only complaint I hear about this version is it feels light, when compared to MP-01. Well obviously it's going to feel light, there's no die cast and it's much smaller. The figure is really great and I have high hopes for the seekers and maybe a Ultra Magnus Armor set.

Well, now I regret NOT getting the Faith Leader because I see it's sold out now...

I imagine they'll do a third release though? Seems pretty popular.

NVM, a few still on Ebay. Decided to BIN it from TFsource, from whom I've ordered before. Good company!

Glad I didn't miss out on this - AND waited until this new Hasbro release, so I feel like I made a good, informed decision for once! (Doesn't happen all that often when you're a toy collector and see something cool...)

I have the first version and think the quality is fine. I also have the black version which did seem like it had slightly nicer plastic. I imagine the second version has plastic that is comparable to the black version. Even though the 2nd version probably has slightly better plastic, I still prefer the first version as it comes with the awesome anime head. The anime head is soooo much nicer than the standard noggin.

Do you have any comparison pics? I see that you can buy the anime head separately now, but for the life of me, I can't tell the difference...

Anyone get the Arcee, btw? That's another I might pull the trigger on...

ok guys i finally finish the revenge of the fallen prime

size20com.jpg

costum20prime2.jpg

back.jpg

i had to add some magnets to make it more sturdy , now only to work on the rail gun

How's that Sideswipe? Do you have the previous versions to compare him with? And if so, is he better?
You didn't buy Sentinel?:horror:panic::monkey3
I WANTED TOO! They did not have a Sentinel at Meijer, I looked high and low to see if one was hidden somewhere. I am going out tomorrow morning because I heard the release date was moved to the 15th. We shall see what I return with.
It's a shame that Sideswipe doesn't have silver paint. He suffers from a horrible backpack, but the mold itself looks pretty good. Not as good as Sidearm Sideswipe (the definitive version of that character IMO), but it looks to be much better then the first deluxe. Looks like it can actually stand too. :rotfl
In my opinion he is the definitive DELUXE version. Sidearm was cool, but still it looked funny to me; however the silver paint on him was nice. I personally don't own him but I know someone who does so I have had time to mess with it. The very first Sideswipe is nothing compared to this guy, I will do a comparison photo shoot tomorrow when the camera is charged. The backpack behind Sideswipe, DOTM version, isn't as bad as the first one in my opinion either. Overall I think this figure is 4/5 stars, good articulation ____ty paint, or shall I say drab.
I thought those rallybot were decepticons? :confused:
Nope, they are autobots according to the packaging.
Nice haul Seth :clap
Thanks bro!
Amazing Raf, just amazing!

I have been converted! Well...at least a little:

5716641454_2212b21f46_z.jpg

Looks great! If I had a classics Hot Rod I would definitely pick that up. IMO, Fansproject is making the best Transformers available. Cannot wait for their insecticons.

So I see they're also doing a second run of the MP Rodimus... BBTS said there were improvements made because of problems. What were the problems?

Bad paint apps, loose joints, bits that didnt snap together properly when they should, weak bits that would snap easily etc.
Really horrific QC considering how much he costs.

Just want to echo Dubz answer. I really love what they tried to do with MP Rodimus but his physical engineering does not live up to the concept. Lots of just-miss tabbing, really odd peg/screw-thing on one of the leg flaps that are popping off a lot of units (mine included) and you can't put the cab into the trailer without paint loss unless you sand down the slot that the spoiler goes into.

Normally I'm not a complainer - these are premium toys, but toys nonetheless and perfection is never going to happen - but there really are a lot of issues for the price point. I don't regret the purchase but if I had known about the "improved" (we'll see) version I would have waited.

size20com.jpg

costum20prime2.jpg

back.jpg

i had to add some magnets to make it more sturdy , now only to work on the rail gun

what prime did you use for this?

what are peoples opinions on the best movie prime, to fit with the other human alliance jazz, and BB?

what prime did you use for this?

what are peoples opinions on the best movie prime, to fit with the other human alliance jazz, and BB?

I use the revenge of the fallen one from hasbro i think it is , it cost $35 at my local walmart

That's true but from time to time you get some decent ones like Battle Blade Bumblebee, Sideswipe, all of the HA line, etc.

This movie it looks like they don't even care anymore.

all they care for is to minimize costs and maximize $$$... That is why I will only buy the takara movie masterpiece figures. Are those still confirmed to come out?

edit: that megatron is truly horrendous IMO, I think there is zero paint on him.

I have been reading through this thread. Man, I wish I held on to my Transformers. All I have left is the original Megatron. He is not complete. All I have is the gun part (no sniper-like additions).

all they care for is to minimize costs and maximize $$$... That is why I will only buy the takara movie masterpiece figures. Are those still confirmed to come out?

Dont let Takara fool you, i had a bad experiance with a movie MP Bumblebee, the paint on him was sub-par to put it mildly, i sent it back to the retailer and got Protector and a couple of DOTM voyagers in its place, it was truly horrendus. They are getting just as bad as Hasbro, so dont think for one second that Takara are the infallible alternative to Hasbro.

For those of you that make customs what kind of paints do you use?

I use all kinds, automotive paints mostly, cellulose and 2-k, but for hand-brushed details i use acrylics and enamels.
Not something to be tackled without some experiance in modelling.
I am open to commissions if you are interested. :p

Heres an AWESOME gallery of DOTM leader Ironhide:
https://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/viewthread.php?tid=20721&highlight=+L-U
I think he looks fantastic (apart from the blue legs), so i'll be adding him to my collection some day.

And heres one for Sentinel Prime:
https://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/viewthread.php?tid=20383&highlight=+L-U
This pic is epic:
5601230416_47d06663de_z.jpg

Both Ironhide and Sentinel Prime looking amazing and cant wait to get both. Other than the awful looking Ultimate Optimus Prime are we gonna get a new leader class version of him?

Back