ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. If it's jazz, they've got a VW Liscense, which means we will eventualy get Bee.

If it's Bee, then they got the VW Liscense, and we will eventually get Jazz.

I win either way :D

What car is Wheeljack?

Yeah, if VW have now granted one of those licenses there's no real reason to deny the use of the other.

Wheeljack is a Lancia Stratos Turbo Group 5.

In the world of rallying it's a legend as it won the World Championship from 1974-76 and the Monte Carlo Rally from 1975-77 plus a further win in 1979 with a different model.

There's only one surviving model of that version of the Stratos in existence and based on what I've read around the TF forums it seems as if it's privately owned by a collector and not the company.

Lancia are owned by the Fiat Group.

If Masterpiece Wheeljack is made I hope it looks like this in alt mode,

I don't want any fake sponsors adding like on Smokescreen.

Last edited:
They only way I'd want it to be Bee would be if it was a Bee/Cliffjumper 2 pack. That would be pretty cool. Otherwise any of the above three would be amazing.

They only way I'd want it to be Bee would be if it was a Bee/Cliffjumper 2 pack. That would be pretty cool. Otherwise any of the above three would be amazing.

So if they were separate releases, you wouldn't want 'em?

O, I'd want them. I was just referring to which order I'd prefer to get them. I'm pretty much in it for the long haul with the MP line. The only two I'm missing are Red Alert (who I can live without) and the new Starscream (who I hope they re-release). Not really interested in the endless repaints though, just first and second tier characters.

Thanks for all the wishes guys much appreciated...another year older (36 now) but definitely not wiser ;) lol

So I appreciate we are all expecting that MP20 might be Jazz because of the comments about the license but a couple of things have started me thinking it could still be quite open.

It could be Wheeljack because it's been said before that the Lancia can be hard to work with.

Or even what about Shockwave??
Would make sense as the licence isn't easy to get & it would kick Fanstoys in the nuts with their Quakewave figure (kind of like they did with SW)

Would there be licence issues in securing the rights to reporduce the Conehead jets??
Never really sure which Jets they were really based on.

Whatever figure it might be I just really really hope it's not freaking Bumblebee.

Neil

All the Bumblebee hate! :D I don't know about anyone else, but getting into this show as a kid, Bumblebee was the one I could most relate to. He befriended the human, and was always really likable. I think of him as the second most important Autobot after Prime. The equivalent of Starscream on the other side. So, I definitely want that guy in my collection.

Thanks for all the wishes guys much appreciated...another year older (36 now) but definitely not wiser ;) lol

So I appreciate we are all expecting that MP20 might be Jazz because of the comments about the license but a couple of things have started me thinking it could still be quite open.

It could be Wheeljack because it's been said before that the Lancia can be hard to work with.

Would make sense as the licence isn't easy to get & it would kick Fanstoys in the nuts with their Quakewave figure (kind of like they did with SW)

Would there be licence issues in securing the rights to reporduce the Conehead jets??

Whatever figure it might be I just really really hope it's not freaking Bumblebee.

Neil

Intresting point on Shockwave, I've not seen anyone else bring it up but it's plausible even though it'd be a bit of a kick in the nuts as everyone's expecting it to be one of the cars.

The actual Lancia Stratos Turbo with the number 459 is owned by a private collector so Takara may not have to throw lots of money at the Fiat Group ( owners of Lancia ) or they may have to pay Fiat AND the private owner :dunno

The Coneheads were F-15's, just like the Seekers but obviously had retooled wings. The F-15 has been used countless times in Transformers history without any license....and some say it's only the 3rd parties that engage in such despicable shenanigans :lol

I finally found some info that sheds some light on the inspiration for Sunstreaker's alt mode,
https://www.spencer1984.com/serendipity/index.php?/archives/49-Sunstreaker-The-Missing-Link.html

So it would appear that Takara should be OK with making a new Countach mold with the same proportions but a different robot mode to the Sideswipe mold and then having the engines as a removable accesory.

Last edited:
All the Bumblebee hate! :D I don't know about anyone else, but getting into this show as a kid, Bumblebee was the one I could most relate to. He befriended the human, and was always really likable. I think of him as the second most important Autobot after Prime. The equivalent of Starscream on the other side. So, I definitely want that guy in my collection.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

I think it is more because his vintage figure sucked and he was too small...

out of all the autobots in season 1,he bored me

Neil

Won't be shockwave. There is no liscense issue with an original design. The liscense issue prevents takara from making reissues.

Also, he said we have finally secured

Also, they said the hard to get liscense was for an autobot and a car.

Here, this is exactly what was said.

Hasui: "About the new Masterpiece, I believe many of you want to hear about MP20. We can't show it yet, but MP20 will finally be that character, that car model which the license was very difficult to obtain".

MC: "Why? (can't show now?)"

Hasui: "You'll have to wait/please wait some more"

Again, maybe MASABON heard something else from Hasui or Maeda AFTER the presentation, but this is what Hasui says on the video regarding MP20. People are still speculating over the wrong info and I thought a new thread would clarify the issue. Please delete if it's the wrong place to post this, thanks.

EDIT: I wasn't there, all I did was to translate Hasui's comments on MP20 in the video posted by MASABON.

Last edited:
O, I'd want them. I was just referring to which order I'd prefer to get them. I'm pretty much in it for the long haul with the MP line. The only two I'm missing are Red Alert (who I can live without) and the new Starscream (who I hope they re-release). Not really interested in the endless repaints though, just first and second tier characters.

Im in the same collecting scheme as you. I have no interest in buying multiple characters that share the same base mold. Though i might be tempted to make an exception for ironhide and rachet since they are both important characters. I was thinking of getting the igears ver, but it seems they are a tad underscale with the MP series?

Im in the same collecting scheme as you. I have no interest in buying multiple characters that share the same base mold. Though i might be tempted to make an exception for ironhide and rachet since they are both important characters. I was thinking of getting the igears ver, but it seems they are a tad underscale with the MP series?

They are, but only juuuust barely undersized.

Back