ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good thing I had my MP-05 Megatron customized to look more G1 - ish.. Could no longer wait for a proper Megatron, so he will have to do. Customizer is not finished yet though.

I personally love to see an Optimus Primal MP, but I agree with most, and I hope, that this is a special version, and will not run in the same MP line.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well I caved and preordered Bluestreak and Smokescreen too.

Kinda disappointed with the news from the show, but I would love a MP Optimus Primal as Beast Wars was the show that got me hooked on Transformers. Not too surprised about G2 Sideswipe though and hopefully this concept car will be Sunstreaker.

Also BBTS has preorders for Sideswipe and Red Alert back up so if you missed them now is your chance.

All these cars have my head spinning. :thud:

Wanted to stick to the jets I have plus Soundwave and then add in the Leaders if they get re-issued and possibly a Shockwave if its ever made, but its really tempting to go all in on these pre-orders.

Must...resist... :lol

Regarding MP20 Shogo Hasui made this statement,

"We can't show it yet, but it's that car model which obtaining the license was very difficult".

Nothing at all about a "concept car" :dunno

Out of the obvious candidates that are being discussed it's worth noting that Hasui has admitted to being a fan of Jazz in past interviews.

Jazz also has several possible repaints of which the G2 deco and Stepper are most likely.

So the signs are looking promising, which really bodes well for the future of the other licensed cars....sales of all the repaints of the Lamborghini, Nissan and ( potentially ) Porsche molds will help fund the ones with less repaint potential such as Hound.

The dilemma Takara have with Minibots is whether to stick to the cartoon aesthetic and the Penny Racer proportions, or to go realistic with the alt modes.

Since you guys are the experts, is there any way that can mean Sunstreaker? I remember reading it was gonna be made but I know there's been nothing official yet so I didn't wanna get my hopes up for Jazz and it been Sunstreaker or even Mirage who's been rumored recently.

Well I caved and preordered Bluestreak and Smokescreen too.

Kinda disappointed with the news from the show, but I would love a MP Optimus Primal as Beast Wars was the show that got me hooked on Transformers. Not too surprised about G2 Sideswipe though and hopefully this concept car will be Sunstreaker.

Also BBTS has preorders for Sideswipe and Red Alert back up so if you missed them now is your chance.

I'm holding out for another run of Sideswipe. No reason why Takara won't do it. They are releasing variants that I don't care for so the whole licensing issue is just BS.

I'm holding out for another run of Sideswipe. No reason why Takara won't do it. They are releasing variants that I don't care for so the whole licensing issue is just BS.

If they rerelease him it will be the final push and I'll end up going all in on the cars.

Since you guys are the experts, is there any way that can mean Sunstreaker? I remember reading it was gonna be made but I know there's been nothing official yet so I didn't wanna get my hopes up for Jazz and it been Sunstreaker or even Mirage who's been rumored recently.

As far as I can make out, Sunstreaker's alt mode was based on a one off concept design for a Countach but I don't know as it was ever built and there doesn't appear to be any official artwork of it online anywhere so where the design originated from is unclear.

The Diaclone/G1 toy got under the radar because licensing laws were so different but today Lamborghini would have to give their approval for allowing such an altered version of one of their most iconic vehicles to be made.

Supercar companies can sometimes be very picky about how their vehicles look as they often don't allow full damage modelling in videogames and things of that nature.

If they're OK with Sunstreaker being made I'd expect to see some text added to the box saying something like "Inspired by the Lamborghini Countach LP500S" along with the giant Lambo badge.

Having read that the "concept car" statement was another case of fans twisting facts into something to suit their personal wants I don't think Sunstreaker will be MP20 as the other yellow Lamborghini ( Tiger Track ) is about to be released.

I think Jazz or Wheeljack are most likely to be MP20.

Last edited:
ah gotcha. Well I'm hoping it will be Jazz and just at the possibility that there can be an MP Star Saber and I'd be all out of wish lists as far as Transformers go. Those are my top two wishes for the TF line.

:goodpost:
Regarding MP20 Shogo Hasui made this statement,

"We can't show it yet, but it's that car model which obtaining the license was very difficult".

Nothing at all about a "concept car" :dunno

Out of the obvious candidates that are being discussed it's worth noting that Hasui has admitted to being a fan of Jazz in past interviews.

Jazz also has several possible repaints of which the G2 deco and Stepper are most likely.

So the signs are looking promising, which really bodes well for the future of the other licensed cars....sales of all the repaints of the Lamborghini, Nissan and ( potentially ) Porsche molds will help fund the ones with less repaint potential such as Hound.

The dilemma Takara have with Minibots is whether to stick to the cartoon aesthetic and the Penny Racer proportions, or to go realistic with the alt modes.

Really want it to be megatron :(

I'm probably the only one that'd like to see a blue MP Grimlock. I had him as a kid(actually still have him now) while my brother had the original grey dinobots, so I have some sentimentality for old blue Grimlock.

I'm probably the only one that'd like to see a blue MP Grimlock. I had him as a kid(actually still have him now) while my brother had the original grey dinobots, so I have some sentimentality for old blue Grimlock.
No, I would buy one as well. I didn't have the gray one, and as a kid even mailed Hasbro about the possibility of getting one after they were discontinued at retail. I also really liked G2 Jazz, though I would not be so interested in an MP version of that eyesore :D

G2_Jazz.jpg

Yeah this was my Optimus Prime when I was a kid, so I totally understand that. I don't think I'd want a MP version of him either. I was lucky enough to inherit my brother's original Transformers when he lost interest and I still have them, but I did have a lot of the G2 sillier versions of characters. Orange constructicons and brightly colored combaticons come to mind.

300px-CombatheroPrime_toy.jpg

:goodpost:

Really want it to be megatron :(

The last reliable bit of info stated it has been designed and is ready to go into production.

I think it'll be released in the next 12-18 months.

Autobot cars are selling very well at present, so it makes sense to concentrate on those.

The last reliable bit of info stated it has been designed and is ready to go into production.

I think it'll be released in the next 12-18 months.

Autobot cars are selling very well at present, so it makes sense to concentrate on those.

Alright :rock

Just copped a MP 11 starscream as a father's day gift to self. :D

Back