ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From TFW:

"Autobot leader... Choices include: Star Saber
Optimus Primal
Fortress Maximus
Armada Optimus Prime
Robots In Disguise Optimus Prime
Energon Optimus Prime
Dai Atlas
Cybertron Optimus Prime
Big Convoy
Lio Convoy
Powermaster Optimus Prime"

I personally would love an MP Primal

I have zero intrest in any of those.

Well Fort Max would be cool, but a MP scaled one would mean the Headmaster part would probably need to be Deluxe sized so there's no way it'd be financially viable enough to produce.

Last edited:
Damn, so no Ultra Magnus, Galvatron or Megatron 2.0 then? From that Autobot leader list the only ones that I'm interested in are Fort Max, Primal, and Powermaster OP. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disapointed.

They still haven't talked about MP-20 yet; my guess is that the autobot leader MP with be an offshoot MP like the Tiger Trak and G2 sideswipe

MP Star Saber is #1 on my TF wish-list. I'd do anything to get that made. God Ginrai and Dai Atlas would be cool too but I'd still be disappointed if SS lost.

From TFW:

"Autobot leader... Choices include: Star Saber
Optimus Primal
Fortress Maximus
Armada Optimus Prime
Robots In Disguise Optimus Prime
Energon Optimus Prime
Dai Atlas
Cybertron Optimus Prime
Big Convoy
Lio Convoy
Powermaster Optimus Prime"

I personally would love an MP Primal

Disappointing no Ultra Magnus or Galvatron but to have an MP Power Master Convoy or Fort Max is an exciting prospect :D
Meh to the others though

So I'm confused. Supposedly Sideswipe couldn't be reissued initially because of some license issue with Lamborghini, but now they're totally milking the cow dry with more and more repaints. What's the real reason for no more Sideswipe? Just basic economics?

Figure does look great, by the way, but I'm not into the wacky variants and repaints.

Not sure I'm familiar with any of these "autobot leader" characters shown here.

Seems it was just Internet fear mongering and scalper baiting.

So Sunstreaker is still potentially on the table, correct?

As far as anyone knows, yes. Probably December 2014 if the original date is still good.

Hmm... Vote a Mp autobot?

Fortress Maximus all the way. No way he will be stupid huge. Probably about mp01 or unicron sized at best. I'm good for that.

But it's all semantics.
It'll either be Optimus primal, or god ginrai.

Hope to hear sone news on MP20 soon but to be fair I'm quite excited by the prospect of an MP scale Prime from a different series
Really not sure who I really want other than Powermaster & probably RID Prime as they're both still my fave versions after the original but any of the others would be awesome too Lio Convoy is especially cool

Fort Max will be too big & expensive to even entertain IMO

Fingers crossed for a good MP announcement though

Neil

So Sunstreaker is still potentially on the table, correct?

I think so.

The G2 Sideswipe reveal has blown away the BS about the licensing issue and the Autobot cars have been selling extremely well so there's no reason to think anything has changed.

A black Sideswipe repaint was always likely and several character choices that won't stand a chance of winning that poll doesn't mean Takara are changing the entire direction of the line, not that it's stopped some of the scaremongers at TFW from suggesting otherwise :slap

The poll is clearly a way of testing the water to see what the demand would be for other characters....it's just too bad the likely winner will be one of the Primes as it'd be nice to see a completely new character even if I hadn't a clue about their history.

Takara never made any direct statement saying that MP20 would definitely be announced at the show but fan expectation and hype got in the way of that fact and this is why there's been the disappointment.

EDIT
It appears as if a snippet of info about MP20 has emerged,

The character is confirmed but can't be named yet.

It's someone who was thought to be tricky to obtain a license for.

Which means,

Mirage
Jazz
Wheeljack
Bumblebee

Any of the first 3 would be great, I couldn't give a damn about Bumblebee.

Last edited:
I think so.

The G2 Sideswipe reveal has blown away the BS about the licensing issue and the Autobot cars have been selling extremely well so there's no reason to think anything has changed.

A black Sideswipe repaint was always likely and several character choices that won't stand a chance of winning that poll doesn't mean Takara are changing the entire direction of the line, not that it's stopped some of the scaremongers at TFW from suggesting otherwise :slap

The poll is clearly a way of testing the water to see what the demand would be for other characters....it's just too bad the likely winner will be one of the Primes as it'd be nice to see a completely new character even if I hadn't a clue about their history.

Takara never made any direct statement saying that MP20 would definitely be announced at the show but fan expectation and hype got in the way of that fact and this is why there's been the disappointment.

EDIT
It appears as if a snippet of info about MP20 has emerged,

The character is confirmed but can't be named yet.

It's someone who was thought to be tricky to obtain a license for.

Which means,

Mirage
Jazz
Wheeljack
Bumblebee

Any of the first 3 would be great, I couldn't give a damn about Bumblebee.

well, getting any one of those three would mean being able to get the other two...
Though Mirage has already been all but confirmed officialy months ago.

do we know anything at all in regards to Megatron?

Last edited:
I have zero intrest in any of those.

Well Fort Max would be cool, but a MP scaled one would mean the Headmaster part would probably need to be Deluxe sized so there's no way it'd be financially viable enough to produce.

Agreed...lets get a dinobot in there.

It's a way for Japanese fans to celebrate the 30th Anniversary by giving them the opportunity to vote on some of their most popular characters. From that perspective, it makes sense and even really cool for them. I can definitely see why Western fans are disappointed though, and I would have liked an additional announcement besides G2 Sideswipe as well.

I couldn't give a damn about Bumblebee.
donshocked.gif

MP20 is apparently going to be a concept car

Sounds like Sunstreaker then.

Mirage, Jazz, Wheeljack and Bumblebee are all real world vehicles.

Sunstreaker was based on a concept design for a "Super Tuned" Lamborghini Countach that was never actually built.

Niltusk,
That's contributed to my feelings on Bumblebee AND Prime, I don't want any version of them in my collection.

koolkollectibleskhai,
The Masterpiece line is whatever Takara wants it to be at any particular time and has never been any other way.

lerath666,
No further news on Megatron V2.

Last edited:
Back