ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how much experience some of you have with TRU pre-orders, but it is pretty damn unpredictable how things are going to play out. Expect canceled orders, then the listing going back up.

I saw that link and almost pulled the trigger, but. . .decided I really don't want to pay full price for that guy. I like the iGear/original MP aesthetic a lot more. Maybe if I get a good coupon later.

yup. gone again. Hope they see from the pre-orders how in-demand this is, and do a better job of getting it to the stores.

I had 2 in my cart and went to checkout. In the middle of checkout the whole process froze and then they disappeared from my cart. When I went back to the listing they were gone. :mad:

Wow. Didn't know that.

Still, I got my Henkei Prowl for maybe about $70 shipped to Canada, so that wasn't exactly cheap either. I did have to be a bit patient though, if I recall correctly. There were more expensive BINs at the time, too.

I was lucky to get the Hound reissue when he was still available at stores. Think I paid around $30 from TFSource.

I really need to get that Henkei Hound too,i rather pay 75$ for that shipped than 60$ shipped for the other one which i don't like at all.henkei Prowl is around 100$ shipped on ebay while the cheaper one is like 75$ shipped at the cheapest so i won't get Prowl for those prices.Besides,what a waste it would be if we see a MP announcement for Prowl soon if the rumours are true.And probably retails for the same price the Henkei sells for these days.
Bluestreak 75$ which i also want.Allthough Henkei Sunstreaker is the best one too,i will get the cheaper version which haven't increased that much in value.

Never used Tfsource before,are they reliable?

why not just get classics hound and the repro labels?

henkei vs classics versions.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tran...ics-hasbro-vs-takara-picture-comparisons.html

trailbreaker77-44444-albums-universe-vs-henkei-1-picture7869-hound-01.jpg

Classics hound is a darker green than that in person.

Specificly, its their Store exclusives.

If their store exclusives, like the upcoming Fansproject insecticons, start selling for alot on the secondary market, they will raise their prices to the secondary market price.

Like the Wildrider Shadow scyther armor kit, that was marked up from 90$ dollars, to 120$, and then to 400$ over the span of a week.

Meh, not a fan of TFSource. They handled the whole credit card theft thing a few years back badly, they are more expensive than BBTS, and the fact that their points system works only if you're in the US is a sorry deal and repellant to customers outside the US.

Robotkingdom or BBTS all the way, for US products. For japanese products, robotkingdom, amiami or hlj should suffice.

he's neet, but too much diecast, and too damn big.

I agree. I think MP-01 is truly the ONLY Masterpiece figure and it just has that presence. On that note, I look at all the other figures from the MP line as the definitive versions of their characters, Megatron aside, and the Art Feather BB will have to be that definitive (and only) BB in my collection. Does he have a release date yet and are there any reliable eBay sellers with him for PO?

Specificly, its their Store exclusives.

If their store exclusives, like the upcoming Fansproject insecticons, start selling for alot on the secondary market, they will raise their prices to the secondary market price.

Like the Wildrider Shadow scyther armor kit, that was marked up from 90$ dollars, to 120$, and then to 400$ over the span of a week.

I get that. And I know we're talking about transformers but just in terms of exclusive items in general, BBTS can be the same way. When they got in a few of the ToyFairs HT Batman Begins figure they marked it at $499 and the Demon Bats and Scarecrow set for $599. I'm not sure how they handle their 3rd party stuff b/c I barely started getting a few pieces here and there

Meh, not a fan of TFSource. They handled the whole credit card theft thing a few years back badly, they are more expensive than BBTS, and the fact that their points system works only if you're in the US is a sorry deal and repellant to customers outside the US.

Robotkingdom or BBTS all the way, for US products. For japanese products, robotkingdom, amiami or hlj should suffice.

Is them being more expensive than BBTS a non US customer thing? b/c so far for me in the US, their stuff has been the same or cheaper than BBTS. The Fans Want it Cannon set was cheaper as well as those U.F.O leader class movie optimus KO accessories were cheaper :dunno some stuff i ordered earlier in the year was cheaper as well.

HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just scored myself a Faith Leader :yess::yess::yess::yess:

$90 isn't too sad works out at under £60 so I'm happy with that.

Can't believe I finally got one to be honest I'd been looking for so long I was beginning to give up hope lol

Pics as soon as I get him :)

Neil

HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe I finally got one to be honest I'd been looking for so long I was beginning to give up hope lol

Neil

Congrats! He is an EXCELLENT figure. Enjoy!

I haven't found them to be more expensive than BBTS; in fact, for me, it's been the complete opposite. Mind you, they tend to mark packages as "gift" whereas BBTS absolutely does not, and with me being in Canada that makes a HUGE difference (wish Sideshow would do this!).

I didn't know about the points thing, to be quite honest, but I certainly don't see them as "repellant" to non-US customers. Not sure why they wouldn't extend that courtesy to us, though...

Also, as much as I do tend to get a lot of stuff from Robotkingdom as well, mainly due to their lower prices on imports, they have done absolutely NOTHING with regard to my Dr. Wu Wheeljack head, whereas TFSource has been nothing but awesome when I've had manufacture issues/broken pieces (unfortunately, that's happened a lot with third party figures).

Sideswipe looks great! I'm holding out for Red Alert as he was the one I had as a kid.

HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neil

Congrats! :clap

One thing to remember is to be a bit more careful during transformation and posing than with MP01 as it's somewhat delicate in comparison.

It will also feel a bit odd the first time you handle it because the plastic, whilst not poor quality feels different to most official TF's and the lack of diecast means it doesn't have that weighty feel.

Back