ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ark crash! :yess: The rest of it looked pretty damn awesome as well. I'm cautiously optimistic now. Hopefully this one won't be another let down. And hey, 3D might be a gimmick, but it looks like it has one benefit: It's making Bay show some constraint with his shakey cam. :lol

And damn F_R, that is one insane and epic looking diorama piece. Never expected it to turn out like this. Major kudos.

TF3 is no doubt gonna be awesome, i know it. Theres more plot and better dialogue in just the trailer than in the whole of rotf.
Yeah, biggest movie of 2011 and best of the series im betting. Can't wait.

I can't say I'm overly impressed yet. To me, it honestly looks like the plot has too many similarities to TF1, and the trailer itself looks nothing different from TF2. Lots and lots of explosions, way too much stuff happening on screen, robots that I've never seen in the G1 cartoons... the only thing that wasn't there (thankfully) was the stupid humor. Let's hope the movie doesn't have much of it.

As for plot, I didn't get a sense that there was tons of plot in this one. So Decepticons were on the Moon in the 60s... wasn't that the whole teaser trailer for TF1? So there was a secret that was being hidden... didn't a similar thing happen with the government knowing about Megatron in TF1?

Bay is going to have to do a lot to help get the TF2 bad taste out of my mouth. Luckily I can go back to TF1, which I thought was outstanding.

I can't say I'm overly impressed yet. To me, it honestly looks like the plot has too many similarities to TF1, and the trailer itself looks nothing different from TF2. Lots and lots of explosions, way too much stuff happening on screen, robots that I've never seen in the G1 cartoons... the only thing that wasn't there (thankfully) was the stupid humor. Let's hope the movie doesn't have much of it.

As for plot, I didn't get a sense that there was tons of plot in this one. So Decepticons were on the Moon in the 60s... wasn't that the whole teaser trailer for TF1? So there was a secret that was being hidden... didn't a similar thing happen with the government knowing about Megatron in TF1?

Bay is going to have to do a lot to help get the TF2 bad taste out of my mouth. Luckily I can go back to TF1, which I thought was outstanding.

I agree. A non-TF fan would say ..."ok, WTF is this movie about? explosions and special effects?"

Michael bay buries himself with plot loop holes to the point even a die-hard fan like myself takes a second look at the "trilogy" and how many problems it has.

I dont think watching any other movie trailers over the years have gotten me as excited as these transformer trailers have(all 3 movies). it just has a way of bringing out the kid in me every time.

Cannot wait to see this movie!

Why are you giving the impression that because tf3 feels like tf1 that its a bad thing when you said you loved tf1?
The fact that tf3 feels just like tf1, the setting, the plot, and hopefully the "magic" that tf1 had will be back in tf3 should, by your own standards, be a good thing?

As for too much happening on screen....its an action movie, its supposed to be that way to be exciting.

And i dont understand the comment about there not being any robots from the g1 cartoons since this is not G1. Never has been, never will be...for better or for worse.

Just try and keep an open mind and try to enjoy it yeah?
This isnt gonna be another ROTF. Again, for the thousanth time: The script wasnt rushed for this one like ROTF was. There hasnt been a writers strike this time to mess up the whole production schedule, they didnt make things up as they went along like they did in ROTF. The dorky humor is gone.

The cast, crew and director himself have all learned from their mistakes and they have taken considerable care to ensure this one is gonna be different.

When youve had proper time spent on a new script, and the director and cast have actually come out and said that tf2 was crap and have learned from their mistakes surely that should at least instill a bit of confidence back in to you for TF3 to be good?

I know it has for me. Plus weve got new characters like Shockwave and Sentinel Prime!

BTW did anyone else notice Sam pulling on BB's mouth-plate thingy? Looked like he was gonna pull it out. Maybe BB will talk in this one?

Bah! Wall'o text.

Bah! Wall'o text.

For real Dub:goodpost:

If that magic feeling of seeing the TF1 trailer could be bottled....

I'm so appreciative of Michael Bay's reiteration of the TF franchise, and that we got to see 'real life' transformers on screen.

I've been a G1er since my childhood ('87) and honestly can't comprehend the negative comments of the movieverse. Just appreciate it people. Even though you think you could do better... you couldn't.

The trailer looks suitably flashy but so did the other 2 and neither were anything like that when seen in full.

The money made from toy sales will inevitably help Hasbro fund some more Classics style molds somewhere along the way so it'll serve it's purpose well enough even though my intrest in actually seeing it is minimal.

Last edited:
I just thought it didn't look anything different from what we have seen before, and therefore didn't think it looked like it has a better plot, pacing, etc.. than prior movies.

When there is TOO much happening on screen, it can get mind numbing.

I loved TF1, but don't wouldn't want to see the same thing again.

Just my opinion, and no disrespect to those that love this stuff.

I don't think the trailer gives too much of a feel for the movie, it's too early to tell. I mean the ROTF trailers were great, but look how the movie turned out. I am cautiously optimistic on the 3rd movie, Bay himself took some responsibility of the train wreck that was ROTF so that is sort of promising. But again the big thing I see is a Starscream looking character blow up right before BB catches Sam. That's a pretty big spoiler if I'm right, I just hope this movie is fun and makes some kind of sense this time around.

People should be cautious after Revenge of the Fallen, and a great trailer does not a great film make, but this trailer (and the teaser trailer that came in December) has shown us that Dark of the Moon already has more semblance of a story than Revenge of the Fallen's trailers ever showed. I'm also seeing a lot of long epic wideshots, which is something the other films severely lacked.

Why are you giving the impression that because tf3 feels like tf1 that its a bad thing when you said you loved tf1?
The fact that tf3 feels just like tf1, the setting, the plot, and hopefully the "magic" that tf1 had will be back in tf3 should, by your own standards, be a good thing?

As for too much happening on screen....its an action movie, its supposed to be that way to be exciting.

And i dont understand the comment about there not being any robots from the g1 cartoons since this is not G1. Never has been, never will be...for better or for worse.

Just try and keep an open mind and try to enjoy it yeah?
This isnt gonna be another ROTF. Again, for the thousanth time: The script wasnt rushed for this one like ROTF was. There hasnt been a writers strike this time to mess up the whole production schedule, they didnt make things up as they went along like they did in ROTF. The dorky humor is gone.

The cast, crew and director himself have all learned from their mistakes and they have taken considerable care to ensure this one is gonna be different.

When youve had proper time spent on a new script, and the director and cast have actually come out and said that tf2 was crap and have learned from their mistakes surely that should at least instill a bit of confidence back in to you for TF3 to be good?

I know it has for me. Plus weve got new characters like Shockwave and Sentinel Prime!

BTW did anyone else notice Sam pulling on BB's mouth-plate thingy? Looked like he was gonna pull it out. Maybe BB will talk in this one?

Bah! Wall'o text.

how do you "know" all these opinions? you seem to think you know something the rest of us don't. it will be another ROTF, perhaps even worse (bay's gotta cram in a climatic finale and 3 hours of story between the 1:58 hours of explosions and effects.

"the cast and crew have learned from their mistakes" BUAHAHAAHAHAAA - seriously man, you shouldn't be so open with your opinions, that was probably the dumbest thing I've ever read on the web.

"proper time on a script" - from what I know, this script was written FASTER than ROTF's script.

"it's an action movie" - I've seen MANY other BETTER action flick trailers. Just saying...

Michael Bay/Transformers/Paramount doesn't need your support ;)
I believe I will love the movie, but most likely because I am a huge TF fan. this movie is geared towards non TF fans, because if EVERY and only TF fans saw and loved it it would make only thousands, and in my opinion, the general public will rip it to shreds like they have with the other 2 movies.

from what I know, this script was written FASTER than ROTF's script.
Then you simply don't know. Due to the writer's strike, Revenge of the Fallen's script was written in just a few short weeks, and had to be constructed around locations and setpieces that were already in place (those things all have to be ready long before shooting begins). Dark of the Moon's script had a good 8 months to be written, and the locations, setpieces and characters were determined based on that script (as opposed to doing it backwards).

It could very well still suck balls, but that's beside the point.

how do you "know" all these opinions? you seem to think you know something the rest of us don't. it will be another ROTF, perhaps even worse (bay's gotta cram in a climatic finale and 3 hours of story between the 1:58 hours of explosions and effects.

And how do you "know' all these opinions?

it will be another ROTF, perhaps even worse
Come on, I know how well respected you are in the TF community but that's really ignorant for someone to say. B*tch about the movie when it's released, not when you've seen about 3min TOTAL of screen footage.

My intrest in Transformers has always been about the toys so the TV series or movies have never been something I've cared about to any great degree.

Bay has his style and it's definitely the right way to make the subject matter appealing to casual moviegoers, but I'm not a fan of CGI heavy movies in general so to me DOTM looks like more of the same with perhaps a few extra polygons in the character models :lol

It will make craploads of money at the box office and from toy sales so like I said in my previous post that can only bode well for the TF lines I'm intrested in.

Last edited:
I believe I will love the movie, but most likely because I am a huge TF fan. this movie is geared towards non TF fans, because if EVERY and only TF fans saw and loved it it would make only thousands, and in my opinion, the general public will rip it to shreds like they have with the other 2 movies.

I dont get that statement, what makes you think it's geared towards non TF fans?
And please for the love of god I hope your answer doesnt have the term G1 in it. Maybe Im speculating but that brings me to the point I wanted to make.

I just dont get the people that hate the movie soley due to the design of the Transformers(not being G1). :dunno Not saying you are one of them btw frenzy.
I grew up watching Transformers as a kid, loved the toys, loved the show. That being said, I love that Bay gave the Transformers a more modern/edgy overhaul in looks for his movies. The movies are edgy and dark, having G1 accurate transformers in it would not work at all imo. I just appreciate it for what it is.

Like someone said, I am thankful as a fan that Bay was able to bring one of my childhood memories to the movies and do it in successful fashion. LOVE these movies! :clap

Back