ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro, have you no shame?

Hasbro seems to have reached a whole new level of false advertising with the Dark of the Moon series. The paint and materials of the figures themselves is abysmal, but what's even more sad is how Hasbro's product photography misleads kids (and adults) as to what they'll be getting. This is really, truly pathetic.

dotmstarscream.jpg

Don't say that on a Transformers fansite, the Hasbro apologists will eat you alive! :lol

Pathetic just about sums it up and even Takara have been cheaping out, the United line has been very inconsistent compared to Henkei but they do go some way to redeeming themselves with Tracks, Jazz and MP Rodimus.

and MP Rodimus.

Sadly, quite a few people who bought MP Rodimus so far are all reporting horrible QC issues. :( Plastic breaking, the guns not fitting in the hands, the face getting stuck when switching, stress marks and paint chipping...

EDIT: Prototype pics of Warpath, and WOW, he's PERFECT! I love that he even has threads for feet. :lol

https://snakas.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-1617.html

Last edited:

Sadly, quite a few people who bought MP Rodimus so far are all reporting horrible QC issues. :( Plastic breaking, the guns not fitting in the hands, the face getting stuck when switching, stress marks and paint chipping...

EDIT: Prototype pics of Warpath, and WOW, he's PERFECT! I love that he even has threads for feet. :lol

I'll stick with Protector then. I can forgive a bit of poor QC on a regular priced figure but on a figure costing £130 I don't feel it's worth the risk.

Warpath however looks VERY good, I hope it manages to get to production without any QC mishaps.

I was somewhat suprised to discover RTS wave 1 on the shelves at my local supermarket today so I got a look at Jazz & Tracks for the first time in person........both are great molds but Takara's paint apps are clearly better especially Tracks.

sounds like the original release of masterpiece Starscream. I'll wager the Inevitable US release will be the better figure.

also, warpath is the epicwinsauce.

meh, I'm ok with that, so long as there is a lower price-point for the american version. I don't have the trailer for MP-01, nor does my mini-prime have one. Besides, I'd rather have a sturdier version, made from plastic that doesn't break easily and is missing the trailer, than a fragile version with a fragile trailer.

meh, I'm ok with that, so long as there is a lower price-point for the american version. I don't have the trailer for MP-01, nor does my mini-prime have one. Besides, I'd rather have a sturdier version, made from plastic that doesn't break easily and is missing the trailer, than a fragile version with a fragile trailer.

It effectively removes one vehicle mode though which for me makes it a waste of time as if I'm paying out that kind of cash I'd want the whole package.

Well, you would probably be paying less than half the price. And many folks (self included) mostly display TFs in bot-mode. So personally, I can do without the over-priced, QC-riddled initial release.

Well, you would probably be paying less than half the price. And many folks (self included) mostly display TFs in bot-mode. So personally, I can do without the over-priced, QC-riddled initial release.

Having returned both Hasbro versions of MP Prime for varying QC issues which put me off owning it altogether I think I'd be more inclined to wait for a later run of the Takara one.

precisely.

and if not, well, i've got protector. so for me, it's win-win.

I've actually got WFC clifjumper posed with the trailer turret atm.

Owning Protector makes the Masterpiece less of a must have for me and with a UK release never certain I can't justify paying £130 for the Takara, especially with the TFC Constructicons likely to be £50-£60 each.

I would have been okay with a cheaper USA Hot-Rod-Only release except that I've been playing season 4 in my studio lately. Now I want Rodimus.

Hasbro has already confirmed the US release will not include the trailer.

well, there you go. But I want MP hotrod more than Rodimus, so i'm ok with that.

Having returned both Hasbro versions of MP Prime for varying QC issues which put me off owning it altogether I think I'd be more inclined to wait for a later run of the Takara one.

Meh, I'm fine with my Hasbro Starscream, and I heard the original takara one was riddled with problems. So i expect this to go much the same as that did.

Yea I'm going to wait for the US version not only due to price, but like you said, I always display my TF's in robot mode so the trailer is jus excess that will just stay in the box

I'm hoping US Hot Rod will turn out like the US Release of MP Grimlock which at this moment is my favorite MP figure and come with some extra goodies :D

On a side note, finally foun RTS Wreck-Gar! :rock great figure. Takes me back haha

Meh, I'm fine with my Hasbro Starscream, and I heard the original takara one was riddled with problems. So i expect this to go much the same as that did.

We never got Hasbro's Starscream so an import was the only option for UK collectors.......we very rarely have the option of waiting for a cheaper alternative.

That said I did see RTS wave 1 in my local supermarket today but the following galleries demonstrate why I left Tracks & Jazz on the shelf,

https://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com/blog-entry-1014.html
https://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com/blog-entry-1015.html

They've let their standards drop on some of the other United releases but those two have got the best of Takara and they're the only must haves out of that line so far.

Tracks standing out so much because of his shiny paintjob really fits his character......I could see him and Sunstreaker arguing over who looks the best :lol

Back