ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With Skywarp's arrival today, I have completed the original Seekers :)

The purple is so weird and hard to capture. I did my best to try and adjust the images to what it looks like in person (because they come off the camera very wrong), but he looks completely different when the light slightly shifts.

DSC_0577.jpg
DSC_0579.jpg
DSC_0588.jpg

From TFWiki,

The first toy planned for the Binaltech/Alternators line was a Porsche 986 version of Jazz.

A prototype was made but Porsche refused the license stating.

"Transformers are not worthy of carrying the Porsche trademark. They are war machines and the toy line in no way represents the lifestyle and ideas which Porsche represents."

Has the worldwide economic slump resulted in such a fall in car sales that the VW Group has had to reconsider their position in order to be able to fully explore alternate avenues for making profit?

We'll know if MP20 is Jazz or Bumblebee.

I got a message today from the guy at TFW I'm getting iGear Cogz from saying his stock is on the way! :yess:
No Jazz... as this redundancy was drooled onto this thread for many many exhausting posts, how Jazz, the trademark and "war toys" is a no-go. Yada yada yada.

Wasn't he a porsche in the Michael Bay film?
The next one ( Rise of the Beasts ) has Mirage as a Porche though. I'm not sure what that means for toys from that movie or for Transformers having the Porche license in general. As to why Mirage and not Jazz in the next movie??? Who knows.

On a completely unrelated note, I just recently picked up vintage sets of Defensor, Menasor, and Superion. Just Bruticus to go and then I finally have the entire G1 cartoon seasons 1 & 2 cast!

I thought I would still prefer the purple on the older figure, but the purple on the new figure actually looks really nice in hand. It's very strange that it has such a high contrast or saturation in photos, but doesnt seem that way in hand in front of your eyes!

IMG_3261b.JPG

I thought I would still prefer the purple on the older figure, but the purple on the new figure actually looks really nice in hand. It's very strange that it has such a high contrast or saturation in photos, but doesnt seem that way in hand in front of your eyes!

View attachment 568845
Agreed, I have to mess with his photos a lot in post to not get the purple to look widely oversaturated. I would have preferred the purple they showed us in the prototype, but I can live with it considering they came to their senses and made the cockpit match the other two.

Back