ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I threw in an order @ Amazon Japan. Came to about 40,000 Yen after tax and shipping to Canada. Not sure if I’ll keep it or not yet but we will see.

I checked for the U.S., and am getting an estimate around 35,500 yen. Insane that this is actually tempting me. . .

Yeah that sounds about right. Amazon added just under 5000 yen to cover tax for my order which is something they always do for Canada.

Price sucks for sure. I’m not happy about it, but it’s honestly the trend for the entire toy industry. I’m not buying much these days because everything has become so expensive. I’ll end up doing more with this then I’ve ever done with any of the 1/6 I’ve collected over the years which is why I’m even entertaining the idea.

I got on the Amazon Japan pre-order for $318 shipped Stateside. No way I was going to pay $450. Even $318 is $140 more than I paid for MP-36 Megatron, and I fail to see how this figure justifies that much more (the trailer is, at most, a $50 add-on).

These prices do make me very concerned for where that would put larger figures and combiners in terms of pricing should we ever get them in the Masterpiece series.

I perused the TFW2005 thread about this, and didn't realize a 3rd party company (Magic Square) is also putting out an animated-styled, MP scaled Prime. Fewer bells and whistles than the official version, but it's a third of the price. Doesn't look as good to me, though it is a step up from MP-10. It's funny how MP-10 seemed perfect to most collectors when it first came out, and now that the newer figure is out, we recognize so many of its flaws. But this is always the way things go. I remember being thrilled with the Binaltech Prowl, and even the first Mark III Iron Man from Hot Toys!

https://showzstore.com/pre-order-magic-square-ms-01-ms01-optimus-pirme_p0796.html

Although I still think the Amazon Japan price is absurd, this looks pretty insane as far as posing goes; can’t hurt to put the preorder in. Might be selling off my TA Prime and Megatron and just jump on the Masterpiece line.

Question for the floor. I just bought Unique Toys Maniaking (Galvatron) in the G1 colors which I preferred.BUT! I am not digging the primarily white cannon on his arm. Does anyone offer castings on the barrel in transparent orange or in a resin I could paint? I don't like making permanent mods to my figures otherwise I would just paint the cannon.

attachment.php

What a beauty...

So what's up? Are we getting a Jazz or not? What's being speculated and potentially happening next few MP releases?

Back