ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is the price for real? A couple of days ago it was tentative but how big is mp-44???? Is it all diecast? What am i missing???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HasTak’s utter greed

Bbts has MP09 Rodimus listed for reissue now as well.

The price.... a cool $230

They’ve gone completely insane

MP-44 better transform itself, have a sound box and light up eyes for that price tag!!!

I got my first TF Masterpiece figure in MP-10 Optimus almost 7 years ago. It's been an incredible figure, and the MP series has been built around it ever since.

But this new MP-44 Optimus simply beats it in every single category! The cartoon accuracy on the new figure is incredible, in both bot mode and truck mode!

Absolute winner of a figure for me, and one that complements MP-36 Megatron perfectly!

01.jpg

I got my first TF Masterpiece figure in MP-10 Optimus almost 7 years ago. It's been an incredible figure, and the MP series has been built around it ever since.

But this new MP-44 Optimus simply beats it in every single category! The cartoon accuracy on the new figure is incredible, in both bot mode and truck mode!

Absolute winner of a figure for me, and one that complements MP-36 Megatron perfectly!

I agree. Just not with the current price. If the price were reasonable, this will be a PO on day 1 for me. Too bad.

This finally looks like the Optimus I’d want. If the price was even say $300, which I think is still high, I’d probably be more inclined to make this my first MP purchase and get sucked into the rabbit hole. Hope Takara rethinks that.

So wait.. will the MP line be "cartoon" version from now on? Does that mean past MP releases like the car autobots and the seekers plus soundwave will get a release again but in "cartoon" version?

So wait.. will the MP line be "cartoon" version from now on? Does that mean past MP releases like the car autobots and the seekers plus soundwave will get a release again but in "cartoon" version?

Probably. The MP line has definitely gone in that direction with the more recent releases like Sunstreaker and Megatron having a much more cartoon inspired look. And they’ve even re-released quite a few of the past car MPs with more cartoon inspired color schemes. Recently they did however release a Shockwave variation in more toy inspired colors, and have a toy version of Megatron on the way, with new deco and a more toy inspired head. In general though, they definitely seemed to be leaning much more heavily in the direction of the characters’ cartoon appearances.

$250 would be pushing it.

Even if it did have Diecast.

$500 would be a nice down payment on a Prime1 Optimus piece, like the new Bumblebee Movie one.

Pass

While I prefer the overall silhouette and aesthetic of the MP-10, there's no negating the 44's gonna be a fantastic figure.

It's the most cartoon accurate truck cab that they've ever made! They even worked out a way to not have the grey stripe in truck mode that appears in bot mode! Plus they also kept all the chrome, and added the yellow highlights in the front bumper just like he had in the cartoon! They also added chrome rear view mirrors it seems.

Looking at the full pic of the cab and trailer where the gun tower sits above the trailer, there seems to be some weird grey piece between the cab and trailer. Not sure what that is. Either way, I hardly ever notice what's immediately behind the red cab since most of it is hidden behind or under the trailer. As long as the cab looks great, then for the most part I'm fine with it. So overall, I think this is the most cartoon accurate Optimus we've ever had in both truck and bot modes.

Back