ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problems man, happy to help

In regards to Galvatron I personally have the Fans Toys version & he is stunning, can't think that I would replace him even if Takara made an official one.

Neil

That looks great. I like Fantoys quality. Thanks for the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The chrome and extra tampo prints on this MP-36+ Megatron are just amazing! Even the use of the pearlescent grey plastic are a beautiful homage to the original G1 toy.

For all of those MP collectors saying they hate the cartoon-accurate direction taken by Takara, here is a repaint just for you! Go out and get it!

IMG_1140b.jpg

Holy **** that transformation took me 75 minutes to complete! There is very little tolerance with this mold, and getting things to line up was pretty difficult. Thank god for some good YouTube videos showing the transformation sequence!

Either way, once all done, this bloody weapon look frickin gorgeous! if you're a G1 toy fan, this figure belongs in your collection!!

IMG_1145b.JPG

Any suggestions on a third party Arcee?

I've got the Fans Toys Rouge, works great with my other '86 MP figures and a very nice figure. Of course, I went with Fans Toys for almost all of my '86 MP main movie figures with a few exceptions like the X-Transbots Ollie and Andras along with the KFC Crash Hog (Wheelie, Scourge, and Wreck-Gar) and of course the official Takara MP-22 Magnus. I also have the FT Hoodlum and Jabber on order to round out the set whenever they are released.

I've got the Fans Toys Rouge, works great with my other '86 MP figures and a very nice figure. Of course, I went with Fans Toys for almost all of my '86 MP main movie figures with a few exceptions like the X-Transbots Ollie and Andras along with the KFC Crash Hog (Wheelie, Scourge, and Wreck-Gar) and of course the official Takara MP-22 Magnus. I also have the FT Hoodlum and Jabber on order to round out the set whenever they are released.

Thank you for the info. I do love Fans Toys (I have all of their Dino’s). What a tough world to live in to have so many good options...

A fantastic Masterpiece homage to the original G1 Megatron toy. The chrome and extra details make this figure pop! Definitely a figure for those looking for those G1 nostalgic feels!

Definitely the preferred Shockwave colour variant for me now that I see both in hand. The darker purple definitely looks better on display. Add the tamped on insignias, and this is probably the figure Takara should've released to begin with!

I would've preferred the repaint to be the grey variant from the original toy! Either way, this is a nice option for collectors for a G1 Shockwave in their collection!

IMG_1149c.jpg

**** I put on weight in 2018!! That double chin is a killer!! What else that's killer is this new MP-36+ Megatron that goes beautifully with my old Megatron t-shirt! Perfect for destroying Autobots ;)

IMG_1153b.JPG

Speaking of Galvatron, I have the darker purple version of ManiaKing, with the mostly white blaster cannon. Anyone know where I can get a casting of the cannon in orange or something?

Here's my MP class of 2018.

Now I love my TF repaints, but in the MP series they've always been released amongst new molds. It's clear in this photo that the G1 MP class of 2018 is a massive disappointment in terms of new molds.

In fact, 2018 is the first year that no new G1 MP molds were released since 2011! Every year since 2011, there have been at least 2 new molds each year, but nothing new in 2018. At least they could've released a Diaclone black Ironhide, but not even that.

These repaints, especially Megatron and Cordon, are fantastic figures. But I really hope that with MP-44 Optimus on its way in 2019, and likely Hound too, that Takara make up for 2018 with more new molds in 2019 like Trailbreaker/Hoist too!

Here's to hoping it's a better G1 year in 2019!

IMG_1167b.jpg

So, Optimus Prime without the trailer has been spotted at walmart for 49.99, along with soundwave, warpath and gears are part of the new wave.

49.99 for optimus without the trailer its expensive considering the reissue back in 2014 was 79.99 with the trailer!!!!! Its BS, but Hey it has the long stacks which sets it apart from all the others

9bb073af3eec4b3cb178feb14f2f1255.jpg

All things transformers!!!!

Uhh.. consider this..

The original cost back in 1984 was only $23.99

I don’t give a crap about inflation. I would never pay that much for a vintage figure.

Here's my TF Masterpiece end of 2018 collection update. I discuss the repaints this year and lack of new molds, and my thoughts on figures for 2019. Hope you can check it out

Back