ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea it was already coming out.

It was originally meant to ship this month.

I was hoping to get it in time for my birthday at the beginning of next month but it looks like it'll be a bit after now which kinda sucks but delays for fixing QC issues are a lot more acceptable than receiving a dodgy product so I'm OK with it.

YankeesFanboy,
Yeah, I think they caught it early enough to halt production whilst it's fixed.

I got MP Star Saber in the post yesterday and like it quite a bit more than I expected, mainly because it's so different from anything else I have.

Some thoughts,

The Brainmaster is sooo tiny yet has more paint apps than many full sized figures.

The combined V-Star/Saber mode doesn't look as bad in hand as I thought from most of the pics. I also really like the way the shield forms a flight stand and how all the weapons store.

Saber has a great looking alt mode but the robot mode feels like a Classics figure with premium paint apps. Hollow forearms and no wrist swivel were just about excusable on Bumblebee as he's so small but Saber is around carbot size so it somewhat detracts from the overall appearance and poseability. On the other hand it has the best face reveal on any Transformer I've ever owned which is also spot on to the clips I've seen of the Victory cartoon so I really like that aspect of the figure.

Transforming the V-Star and combining it with Saber to form Star Saber is very straightforward aside from locking Saber into the chest which was a bit fiddly but the end result is fantastic.

The next step will be getting the Victory cartoon on DVD so I can see more than a few clips from random episodes on Youtube.

SDCC exclusive Fortress Maximus with Master Sword

13418722_1064355386967988_353555114580629941_n.jpg

I love the new Voltron show. Really takes me back to the 80s, and it's updated nicely. Great acting, fun stories, beautiful animation, the lions are massive, and Voltron looks... better even (runs)

My kids love it too, so it's even more fun to watch.

I second that on the praise for the new Voltron series. I really enjoyed it. I wish season 1 was longer than 11 episodes though. The end of episode 11 left me wanting more right away.

I recently picked up MakeToys Pandinus and the Gigpower Guttur.

Pandinus is an amazing Transformer. He is a really hefty size, but not TOO big in my opinion. All of the modes look pretty good, but his robot mode is my favorite. The joints are all nice and tight. You can get him into some really nice poses. The pony tail on the head is probably the weirdest thing about him. It isn't that I don't like it, I just don't like that it flops about. It would be nice if I could pose it in some way. He is possibly one of my favorite Transformers that isn't a Soundwave.

Guttur looks really good in both robot and dino mode. The joints on him are a bit loose though, which is pretty disappointing. For example, in dino mode his back legs want to spread out from under him because they are too loose. Getting him in the right pose for display fixes the issue, but once you move him you have to play around with standing him up properly again. The other issue I had was the batteries didn't fit in the battery compartment right in the sword. I had to use a razor knife to carve out the inside to make them fit. I don't know if this was just an issue with mine or if others have had this problem. Maybe I am using the wrong size of battery, but they seem to fit in the spot perfectly. I did get the metallic version that comes with all of the flame effects. The flame effects look really good. If I were going to display him in robot mode I would definitely use the flame effects on his weapons. Overall I'm happy with him since I've been wanting dinobots in my collection for years now. He looks really good which is a major plus. If only he could have had tighter joints. Then at least the figure itself would be perfect. Now if only Hasbro had released their Grimlock in the scale of this guy, because Guttur is a lot bigger than Grimlock.

I dont know about Pandinus, it just feels over designed. Conversely their version of Metroplex is basic and overly blocky by comparison; go figure.

I recently picked up MakeToys Pandinus and the Gigpower Guttur.

Pandinus is an amazing Transformer. He is a really hefty size, but not TOO big in my opinion. All of the modes look pretty good, but his robot mode is my favorite. The joints are all nice and tight. You can get him into some really nice poses. The pony tail on the head is probably the weirdest thing about him. It isn't that I don't like it, I just don't like that it flops about. It would be nice if I could pose it in some way. He is possibly one of my favorite Transformers that isn't a Soundwave.

Guttur looks really good in both robot and dino mode. The joints on him are a bit loose though, which is pretty disappointing. For example, in dino mode his back legs want to spread out from under him because they are too loose. Getting him in the right pose for display fixes the issue, but once you move him you have to play around with standing him up properly again. The other issue I had was the batteries didn't fit in the battery compartment right in the sword. I had to use a razor knife to carve out the inside to make them fit. I don't know if this was just an issue with mine or if others have had this problem. Maybe I am using the wrong size of battery, but they seem to fit in the spot perfectly. I did get the metallic version that comes with all of the flame effects. The flame effects look really good. If I were going to display him in robot mode I would definitely use the flame effects on his weapons. Overall I'm happy with him since I've been wanting dinobots in my collection for years now. He looks really good which is a major plus. If only he could have had tighter joints. Then at least the figure itself would be perfect. Now if only Hasbro had released their Grimlock in the scale of this guy, because Guttur is a lot bigger than Grimlock.

The QC issues isn't just you on Guttur..for example, mine leans back on its own quite a bit so it requires some creative posing. And there was some paint slop on its hips that I had to clean up just a bit. Here's hoping their future releases are a little better.

Spark Toys Alpha Pack:

1-49.png

For a company's first release this has turned out really well and at £99.99 the price is even decent for us Brits.

I'm not a huge Prime fan though so I'll be giving it a miss but I'm very intrested in their 3rd figure as it's War Within Grimlock.

MMC Jazz is being designed by the same person who did their Mirage :yess:

TFS Express are saying they'll have FT Hound in stock in a couple of weeks :yess:

XTransbots are rereleasing their Wheelie with a number of improvements including stronger plastics, redesigned parts and a bit more diecast.

The original release was the poster child for dodgy build quality so it'll be intresting to see whether they can deliver 2nd time round.

All things transformers!!!!

Awesome news :) I already have Hound on PO and I really like MMC Mirage so very interested in Jazz. Always hated Wheelie though so I'll probably skip that one.

Re: All things transformers!!!!

Awesome news :) I already have Hound on PO and I really like MMC Mirage so very interested in Jazz. Always hated Wheelie though so I'll probably skip that one.

Hound is the last '84 carbot I consider a must have and it'll be great to get him in my '84 Autobot display.

MMC's designers follow the same approach that Takara used to before they went off on their increasingly cartoon obsessed tangent. Which is potentially bad news for my wallet as it potentially puts characters I'm not massively into on my wants list, Jazz being one of them.

If I had the likes of Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod I'd probably be more enthusiastic about getting Wheelie but the '86 bots really aren't my thing so I'll pass as well. If the rerelease goes well it'll be nice step in the right direction for KFC/XTransbots in terms of improving their build quality.

On the subject of KFC I've just ordered some of the articulated hands they've done for Star Saber which come with a clip that allows the big sword to be gripped correctly which the stock ones don't.

I've had a couple of sets of their MP12 mold hands and they're pretty good, but the tiny ball joints make them on the fragile side. I hope Star Saber's will be less so as they're a lot chunkier.

Hasbro SDCC exclusives aren't doing it for me this year. 1 less thing to worry about there, lol.

All things transformers!!!!

It's kind of insane how amazing this thing is.

Best engineered Masterpiece to date?

I think so. They went above and beyond on a C-list character.

And some say TT will not make everyone. This, IMHO, proves that theory wrong. They will make everyone.

8229b5c0c92d90855c6dc37092988b35.jpg

Can you all imagine a newly designed Prime with this attention to cartoon detail? TT wizards will likely make the wheels on the legs disappear and that fake grill that I'm starting not to like.

It's inevitable.

Back