ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Tigatron is doable if they retool the legs and the guns. Since the latter compose so much of the mass for beast mode, it should be possible. Then give it a new head and done!

I've never really cared that much about Tigatron though so I can take it or leave it. :lol

On the upside, going with a faux beast chest sets a good precedent for Dinobot. That guy will be hard enough as it is without them having to figure out how to make the dino head splay out so much. :lol

I think Tigatron is doable if they retool the legs and the guns. Since the latter compose so much of the mass for beast mode, it should be possible. Then give it a new head and done!

I've never really cared that much about Tigatron though so I can take it or leave it. :lol

On the upside, going with a faux beast chest sets a good precedent for Dinobot. That guy will be hard enough as it is without them having to figure out how to make the dino head splay out so much. :lol

Of the remaining series 1 Maximals my order of preference is,

1.Rattrap
2.Dinobot
3.Rhinox
4.Airazor
5.Tigatron

So I'm kind of the same with Tigatron but it'd still be nice to get a figure of him.

Very good point on Dinobot, his character model in the cartoon seemed to cheat physics quite a bit so a "perfect" transformation isn't possible.

I also think Terrorsaur would be a tricky one for much the same reason.

Inferno would probably look something like this amazing custom,

I'm hoping they reissue Huffer fairly soon. The paint on mine isn't flaking yet but I tried to coat it and somehow managed to mess it up :mad:

Glad I sold Sun when I did for $160. LOL.

Yeah you got lucky. So funny we just had this conversation about people buying to make money or get back what they paid for a used figure. I see a guy on Ebay right now with Sunsurge for 130 with a broken chest.

Nothing we buy has any monetary value. These companies are always reissuing over and over again including Takara.

I was thinking about getting MMC Mirage but not sure if I want the Lighter blue Dia clone color one that is still up for retail. Eventually they will make another run of the darker blue and it will be better than the first version since they have already fixed the front wheel bowing in problem on the PS01-A version.

Yeah you got lucky. So funny we just had this conversation about people buying to make money or get back what they paid for a used figure. I see a guy on Ebay right now with Sunsurge for 130 with a broken chest.

Nothing we buy has any monetary value. These companies are always reissuing over and over again including Takara.

I was thinking about getting MMC Mirage but not sure if I want the Lighter blue Dia clone color one that is still up for retail. Eventually they will make another run of the darker blue and it will be better than the first version since they have already fixed the front wheel bowing in problem on the PS01-A version.

Takara will do Mirage. It's not a matter or if, but when.

Then the OCD in you will want to sell it (like in my case) and lose money.

Takara will do Mirage. It's not a matter or if, but when.

Then the OCD in you will want to sell it (like in my case) and lose money.

Yeah I don't own any 3P figures except for Fanstoys Blue Soar, and Gigapower Guttur, and PO for Grassor.

I'll tell you one thing I'm done with buying everything Takara puts out. I have bought all the DiaClone repaints up till this point and I look at them and ask myself why? I know nothing about the characters. I research who they are and talk myself into justifying them.

I'm doing the same with Beast Wars. I pre paid for Primal and forcing myself to watch the cartoons. I'm into season 2 now. Its getting a little better, but I have NO nostalgic connection to it. Since I already paid for Primal, Maybe I'll just get Megatron and that's it. Not getting the whole darn line when I have no connection to it.

/

Yeah I don't own any 3P figures except for Fanstoys Blue Soar, and Gigapower Guttur, and PO for Grassor.

I'll tell you one thing I'm done with buying everything Takara puts out. I have bought all the DiaClone repaints up till this point and I look at them and ask myself why? I know nothing about the characters. I research who they are and talk myself into justifying them.

I'm doing the same with Beast Wars. I pre paid for Primal and forcing myself to watch the cartoons. I'm into season 2 now. Its getting a little better, but I have NO nostalgic connection to it. Since I already paid for Primal, Maybe I'll just get Megatron and that's it. Not getting the whole darn line when I have no connection to it.

/

That was another mistake I made. Sold my diaclones, and Star saber, that while I enjoyed the Japanese show, I have zero connection with Him.

I now get the G1 characters I know, that's it. FT Skyfire and Omega are something I wouldn't be against though.

That was another mistake I made. Sold my diaclones, and Star saber, that while I enjoyed the Japanese show, I have zero connection with Him.

I now get the G1 characters I know, that's it. FT Skyfire and Omega are something I wouldn't be against though.

I still have Star Saber he looks cool and is a fun easy toy to transform he stands next to Ultimetal Prime 😀.

Yeah Fans Toys has such nice quality except for thier tight tight joint tolerances. I hate hearing the plastic squeak.

Omega I would be able to pass on, but Skyfire I would get maybe since Takara will most likely never get into a licensing issue with Bandai .

Yeah for everything else I'm sticking to G1 from now on.

As for pre ordering through Anime Eport or HLJ I may slow down to compare if I'm saving a good chunk anymore with the recent Shipping rates and the yen almost at a 1:1 ratio with the US dollar.

/

I still have Star Saber he looks cool and is a fun easy toy to transform he stands next to Ultimetal Prime ��.

Yeah Fans Toys has such nice quality except for thier tight tight joint tolerances. I hate hearing the plastic squeak.

Omega I would be able to pass on, but Skyfire I would get maybe since Takara will most likely never get into a licensing issue with Bandai .

Yeah for everything else I'm sticking to G1 from now on.

As for pre ordering through Anime Eport or HLJ I may slow down to compare if I'm saving a good chunk anymore with the recent Shipping rates and the yen almost at a 1:1 ratio with the US dollar.

/

Well, If Takara ends up doing Skyfire, it would be cartoon accurate, so no beef with Bandai.

Although I'd LOVE a modern MP representation of the G1 Jetfire toy for sure, some sort of dream collaboration between the two. Hell, have Bandai do it alone, I don't care. But with Official emblems.

Well, If Takara ends up doing Skyfire, it would be cartoon accurate, so no beef with Bandai.

Although I'd LOVE a modern MP representation of the G1 Jetfire toy for sure, some sort of dream collaboration between the two. Hell, have Bandai do it alone, I don't care. But with Official emblems.

You bring up a good point since Takara is focused on Cartoon accurate colors.

BTW I finally bit the bullet and bought Takara Thundercracker MP-11T. 200.00 down the drain 😀.

When I PO Grassor I needed something to push me over to 150.00 mark so I bought Thundercracker. So I get free shipping but have to wait till Grassor comes out to actually get TC even though I pre paid the entire order. That's how Toy Dojo handles thier free shipping.

So in my mind I get Grassor for 135.00 and TC for 185.00. I'm subtracting the 15.00 shipping Grassor would have had 😀.

Makes me feel a little better about buying another seeker.

I'm hoping they reissue Huffer fairly soon. The paint on mine isn't flaking yet but I tried to coat it and somehow managed to mess it up :mad:

I barely reposed my original Huffer but the paint on the robot mode chest eventually flaked and it's stayed in truck cab mode ever since.

Right now I'm not as sure I'm getting the reissue as I was previously as a move away from G1 to focus entirely on Beast Wars is looking increasingly like something I'll be doing.

I've never seen Beast Wars, but from what I've read on this thread I'd probably enjoy it. I'm resisting temptation though as I can see myself getting sucked into buying the new Beast Wars MPs if I watch the show.

I really need to sit my butt down and watch BW one of these days.

On a related (or not) note, have you guys checked out the new Voltron on Netflix? I think it's great!

I really need to sit my butt down and watch BW one of these days.

On a related (or not) note, have you guys checked out the new Voltron on Netflix? I think it's great!

I just didn't have time this weekend to start watching it, but everyone I talked to says its good. As for Sideshow wanting 1250 for their version of Voltron is ridiculous.

I just didn't have time this weekend to start watching it, but everyone I talked to says its good. As for Sideshow wanting 1250 for their version of Voltron is ridiculous.

It dos look great though, but for that price, it should be Ultimetal quality IMO. I don't care if they can't transform.

Oh well, if the quality is there, I might just get it. Did you see the Ultimate Toynami version?

I've never seen Beast Wars, but from what I've read on this thread I'd probably enjoy it. I'm resisting temptation though as I can see myself getting sucked into buying the new Beast Wars MPs if I watch the show.

I'd never seen it until a few weeks ago.

It's annoying that there's no region 2 DVD or blu ray release but I found a site which has the whole thing available to watch for free and there's no dodgy downloading or anything.

If you did feel like giving it a go here's the link,
https://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Transformers-Beast-Wars

I've now seen it from beginning to end twice....my G1 DVD set is now in a charity shop.

It dos look great though, but for that price, it should be Ultimetal quality IMO. I don't care if they can't transform.

Oh well, if the quality is there, I might just get it. Did you see the Ultimate Toynami version?

I did see the Ultimate Toynami version. The problem I have with Voltron is wayyyy too many companies have made it throughout the years. I have owned the 20th, , and 25th versions. Mine came in box that looked like a book. The new Ultimate version looks nice, but I just have Voltron fatigue at this point when it comes to the figures.

https://tfsource.com/toynami/ultimate-voltron-ex/

As for the Netflix series I will be watching it.

I love the new Voltron show. Really takes me back to the 80s, and it's updated nicely. Great acting, fun stories, beautiful animation, the lions are massive, and Voltron looks... better even (runs)

My kids love it too, so it's even more fun to watch.

Back