ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an Apollyon. It is junk.

How is the quality on Make Toys past figures?

Really? I was about to get him since officially, it seems there won't be one made anytime soon.

It would have been my first 3rd party Transformer. Guess I'll end up never getting a 3rd party. For what they charge, the quality sucks and people complain about Has/Tak.

I like mine quite a bit, for what it looks like in particular. Standing next to the other masterpiece figures it looks fantastic. Transformation is somewhat complicated however, and not fun. Not a problem for me however, since I would never be displaying him in gun mode.

I have an Apollyon. It is junk.

How is the quality on Make Toys past figures?

I've heard that Make Toys have build quality close to that of Badcube/Fanstoys

There are some reviews on this Blog of their recent figures like Hellfire, Cupolla etc.

Worth a read as he writes great pieces & his photography is top notch too

Square One

Neil

Really? I was about to get him since officially, it seems there won't be one made anytime soon.

It would have been my first 3rd party Transformer. Guess I'll end up never getting a 3rd party. For what they charge, the quality sucks and people complain about Has/Tak.

I got one from the first run. The left arm is extremely floppy. I contacted the retailer I bought it from about it. I thought I would be getting a new one but they just mailed me replacement parts. Basically saying fix it yourself. Supposedly the second run is better, but I'm waiting for another take on it.

You can't go wrong with Fans Toys. I absolutely love their work and quality.

from what I seen/read the 'windcharger' figure boost is only being sold with his 'twin'? if so that sucks I only want windcharger dang

QuakeBLAST (not Quakewave) arrived today. The video reviews noted that the hoses pop out, but that seems to have been fixed as there are locking grooves on the hoses.

The only negative so far is the white plastic tabs on the legs.

Edit....

Spend the day playing with him. If you already have a purple Quakewave, then this figure probably isn't for you. But if you want a MP style Shockwave, then this fits the bill, and is better than Quakewave. QuakeBlast is more detailed and the lower legs are leagues better in every way compared to Quakewave. I only have the grey Quakewave, but QuakeBlast looks much more impressive side-by-side. Fingers are more robust (my Wave hand broke) with metal pins and thick joints.

The metallic purple paint is well done, with no cracking or flaking.

Last edited:

I have this megatron and I like it. you cant always believe what every one says. if you want it buy it as im sure they might have flaws with the other one as well good luck in your choices.

All things transformers!!!!

MP Ironhide is ****ing amazing. What a way to start 2016!

One of the best MP Transformers so far.

Last edited:
I got the original quakewave I love the figure I don't think there is to much different then the tt one that`s coming out maybe color scheme

Having seen plenty of cartoon Shockwave during my run through the complete G1 DVD set I bought recently I think the Takara figure definitely has a more accurate chest, lower legs/feet and color scheme.

That said, I still prefer Quakewave's overall look.

EDIT,
More pics of MMC Ravage and packaging,

uploadfromtaptalk1454893160820.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454893170602.jpg

Looks so good...

Damn it!! At first I wasn't even considering the Beast Wars TF and at the same time it was a good thing because I didn't have to start on another line. Now looking at those pictures, I think I might not be able to resist.

Back