ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uploadfromtaptalk1454960581421.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454960593157.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454960600441.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454960607561.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454960614472.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454961028450.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454961037605.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454961043545.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454961049450.jpg

Arg. I'm very unhappy with TF-Direct right now.

I ordered the WeiJiang Trailer For MPP10 Oversized Optimus Prime as soon as it was available on Dec 10th, 2015. I have not received a shipping notice even though I ordered it as soon as possible. I read yesterday on the forums that most people had received this item from TF-Direct well over a week ago.

I am very concerned about getting my order filled as the item is now sold out on the site, as is the second run of this item.

Yeah, specially how the animation looked on the intro of season 4. That was awesome! Wish they redo the whole series in that way.

Yeah, some sort of a continuation would be awesome.

I mean, what is there not to like?

Zarak got away inside Skorponok and that's when it all ended. You've got an amazingly strong foundation of characters, create new ones (people would EAT those toys up, not only MP sized, mind you.

Like it or hate it, look at the overwhelmingly success of the Combiner Wars line.. Most of the G1 inspired gestalts are very hard to find, and once they are gone, they are gone. The nostalgia is strong with those, and one can appreciate that. And with Takara doing the Unite Warriors but with G1 color, is just the icing on the cake. Look at the TF boards, all over the FB groups, people LOVE G1.

I hope it happens, just like it did with the comic. I want to see another Prime vs Megatron fight, even if that means Galvatron.

Why won't they bring G1 animation back. Even watching these old animations, they look awesome IMO.

Yeah, specially how the animation looked on the intro of season 4. That was awesome! Wish they redo the whole series in that way.

Yeah, some sort of a continuation would be awesome.

I mean, what is there not to like?

Zarak got away inside Skorponok and that's when it all ended. You've got an amazingly strong foundation of characters, create new ones (people would EAT those toys up, not only MP sized, mind you.

Like it or hate it, look at the overwhelmingly success of the Combiner Wars line.. Most of the G1 inspired gestalts are very hard to find, and once they are gone, they are gone. The nostalgia is strong with those, and one can appreciate that. And with Takara doing the Unite Warriors but with G1 color, is just the icing on the cake. Look at the TF boards, all over the FB groups, people LOVE G1.

I hope it happens, just like it did with the comic. I want to see another Prime vs Megatron fight, even if that means Galvatron.

I love G1 to death.
Many guys nowadays call´em brickformers, but...that´s just wat they´re conceptualized and every cybertronian had it´s character facial-wise.
Bay´s movies are horrible, concerning the characterization.
I really hope the Combiner Wars Series they do will feature more oldschool animationsm or do the 3D animation of Devastation.
Cellshaded = :rock

Bay's movies were horrible in all aspects. 2nd and 4th been the worst.

Transformers is one of my favorite franchises but when I went to see the last movie at the theater with my son, I have never been so impatient for any movie to be over halfway. I did not even care to see the dinobots. My son was having a blast though, so I stayed just because of him.

Traditional hand-drawn animation is too cost prohibitive in this day and age. But I would like to see another CG Transformers show that used the designs and characterizations from the G1 period. No matter how good some of the other stuff (like Beast Wars or Animated) may supposedly be, I just don't care if I don't feel nostalgic about it. And that aesthetic is hugely important, even if the characters change around to make way for new toys.

But realistically, I know that it's a different time now. And the old fogeys are a pretty small part of the target Transformers demographic. The Bay films and toys do very well, and that's where we're going to continue seeing a focus until that changes I reckon.

But realistically, I know that it's a different time now. And the old fogeys are a pretty small part of the target Transformers demographic. The Bay films and toys do very well, and that's where we're going to continue seeing a focus until that changes I reckon.

Growing up in the 90's, I always thought the "older" kids who grew up in this shows Prime, pardon the pun, would be the head of studios now and would push for a G1-inspired shows and/or continuation. And I'm going to still hold onto that dream:lol

The team that did GI Joe:Resolute wanted to do a G1 themed Transformers cartoon but couldn't get permission....that was probably the last chance for a decent update to the original cartoon.

Anything that comes out now will be linked to Bayformers as it looks like an MCU style shared universe with Bay and Spielberg acting as consultants is happening :pfft:

I've gotten quite a lot of enjoyment from the original cartoon since I bought the complete run on DVD, Bay's movies have no redeeming qualities, they don't even fall into the "so bad, they're good" category.

I finally decided on which Reflector to get and have ordered the Fans Toys one but haven't ruled out getting the Make Toys one as well as I still think that does a couple of things better.

I should also have my MMC Ravage shortly as well. Be nice to have a Ravage that feels like a proper figure in it's own right as opposed to a glorified accessory.

I will always love the G1. I watched some of the different shows through out the course of time with beast wars which was ok. and then RID, transformers prime armada I didn`t like any of them they looked to hookie and the animation looked stupied and the story lines were bland. I guess I will always have a soft part for the original that`s what I watched as a kid 11 at the time.

The team that did GI Joe:Resolute wanted to do a G1 themed Transformers cartoon but couldn't get permission....that was probably the last chance for a decent update to the original cartoon.
That makes some sense to me, considering how the current Transformers stuff appeals to very young kids in a way that GI Joe hasn't for many, many years. But it's also a bummer, because Resolute was a terrific, "mature" update to the ARAH stuff. . .even if I do have some quibbles with how they handled a few characters (Storm Shadow and Zartan in particular).

Back