ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my original takara megatron and as much I had hoped there would be no need to get this new one, I must say that this one is a must. 100 times better. Pre-ordered with hesitation.

Is the Fans Toys Shockwave the only Shockwave made in masterpiece scale? Would love for Takara to make an official release.

Is the Fans Toys Shockwave the only Shockwave made in masterpiece scale? Would love for Takara to make an official release.

So far it is the only one.

Don't get your hopes up for an official MP Shockwave. The only Decepticons Takara seem to be bothered about making are repaints/retools of existing molds.

If they won't make a new Megatron despite the obvious demand then Shockwave is hardly likely to be very high on their "to do" list.

When Quakewave came out several of the alleged "insiders" in the fandom were so certain that an official Shockwave was imminent that they ignored the 3rd party effort and urged others to do the same.

Two years or so later many of those people are now wishing they'd jumped on Quakewave because an official version is still no closer to happening and secondary market prices have gone through the roof.

The same situation could be about to repeat itself with Apollyon.

To me it's always just a simple question. Do I like it? Do I like it for the price? If the answer is yes to both and I can afford it I buy it. I don't see the point in all the theory crafting about a second better Apollyon release or an official Takara release. What's the point? You either like this and want it or don't. If you're trying to convince yourself to get it just because you "have to have Megatron in your MP display" then maybe you don't actually like it and shouldn't buy it?

I don't know. I'm not as hung up on having to have certain characters as others are.

Anyone w/ TRU/hasbro version of Rodimus? Opinions? Thinking of going with him insted of Takara MP Rodimus w/ trailer: a) price in 2nd hand market b) problems w/ legs c) availability d) like the deep darker red tones.

Any thoughts?

Anyone w/ TRU/hasbro version of Rodimus? Opinions? Thinking of going with him insted of Takara MP Rodimus w/ trailer: a) price in 2nd hand market b) problems w/ legs c) availability d) like the deep darker red tones.

Any thoughts?

He is nice, especially if you prefer toy accuracy over cartoon accuracy. It has it's problems though; weak shoulder joints and parts that don't tab properly on his legs and back.

Watched the review - definitely NOT a fan of that bicep swivel issue, or the fact that those arms seemed to pop off pretty easily...

I know he says it's a test shot, but that's apparently not so clear from what I've seen on TFW. Might be production. At any rate, I am waiting to see if this gets fixed before ordering. Definitely looks good, though.

Watched the review - definitely NOT a fan of that bicep swivel issue, or the fact that those arms seemed to pop off pretty easily...

I know he says it's a test shot, but that's apparently not so clear from what I've seen on TFW. Might be production. At any rate, I am waiting to see if this gets fixed before ordering. Definitely looks good, though.

Haven't watched the Video & tend not to as I don't really get time but what you've said there is a little worrying.

I still have a couple of options for ordering but I'm still firmly on the fence I really don't know what way to jump with this one.
I've never ever been this undecided on buying a Transformer before in my life.

Neil

The bicep swivel looks like an easy fix as it's a screw joint so a couple turns of the screwdriver and it should loosen it enough to move properly. It could also just be an issue with the one the reviewer recieved and not an indication of the entire production run.

The arms popping off would be annoying but better that than snapping off altogether. I did notice at the end of the review that the cannon arm seemed to be sagging a bit but in the event that happened the floor polish trick should come to the rescue.

Transformation is as fiddly as expected, there's a few thin pieces that'll require extra care but many of them seem to be diecast so there's less risk of breakage although I bet some idiots will still manage it and then blame XTransbots. I may have a go at transforming it but it'll have to be when I'm very, very chilled out.

For £100 it looks well worth the money....MP13 cost me £160 and the recent Skywarp repaint was £140.

Yeah. He'll be a fine Megs until Takara decides to put out a better version (if ever).

Not completely crazy about him, but oh well. What does $150 gets you nowadays anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a look at the new Warrior Class Optimus Prime from the new Robots In Disguise line. I love the design of Prime in this new cartoon but the figure is too small. He needs to be voyager size. His articulation is not great and his head looks too small on his body. This is not a must buy for every Transformers fan. Please rate, comment and subscribe!

XTransbots have made this statement in regards to a couple of QC issues that have been pointed out in early reviews,

Dear Fans and Retailers:
We've had a discussion regarding issues that have popped up with production sample reviews. We will address the elbow sliding mechanism and the bicep swivel at the factory before we ship to our retailers. The problem has been solved. Additionally, we'll include another set of tighter fitting ball sockets for the shoulders. All arms are able to hold the canon up without any issue but some arms seem loose holding it outward. If this is your experience, the replaceable sockets will fix that issue. We'll also include a small adapter for the extension canon's secondary mode. Finally, we'll include a small screwdriver with each figure for accessing the battery chamber and in case you need to replace the shoulder sockets. Apollyon will ship from our factory the last week of April. Your retailers should have them by early May. Thank you all for your patience, support and feedback. And thank you to the reviewers for their valuable input.

Back