ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the Generations Leader Class Megatron. He is close to 9 inches tall, but the Optimus Prime is just a little bit taller. Looks like I will save $100 and now pass on the Xtrasnbots Megatron. Can not wait for in hand pics of that figure though.

Transbridge Omegalock have recieved a production sample of Appolyon,

MPCanes,
The news about Sludge was confirmed by FT guy dalianj on his Facebook page.

Transbridge Omegalock have recieved a production sample of Appolyon,

MPCanes,
The news about Sludge was confirmed by FT guy dalianj on his Facebook page.

Do you know what I'm suddenly more than a little underwhelmed by Megatron.
I don't know what it is but in those pictures he just doesn't look that good...there really is something I can't put my finger on but all of a sudden he looks off.

It's probably just my crappy eyes making him seem off.

Neil

Really? I think he looks fantastic--he blows away the first version. The only reason I haven't ordered him yet is because I'm waiting for reviews to tell me about the quality. Though as long as he doesn't fall apart at the slightest touch I'll probably still end up getting him.

I think the lighting is less than flattering, makes his face look weird. But shiny!

Yeah I think the face is off & he is definitely too shiny to me, a brushed aluminium look would have been better

Really? I think he looks fantastic--he blows away the first version. The only reason I haven't ordered him yet is because I'm waiting for reviews to tell me about the quality. Though as long as he doesn't fall apart at the slightest touch I'll probably still end up getting him.

Yeah definitely something off.
I think he looks to broad across the shoulders but there's other niggly bits I can't put my finger on at the mo

I still think he looks fantastic apart from the shininess on his face that hides/distorts his facial features. But I'm assuming that won't be as big an issue in-hand.

What about this pic with better posing Soundwave?

Bob

Yeah he looks better there, a standing pose looks pretty poor but action pose much better.

As Karamazov says though the face is a little off...doesn't look like much definition in the features.
In some poses he looks ok & REALLY angry in others you can barely make out the lines & features

He will probably be great in hand & I'm just blowing smoke but at the moment I really don't know.

I still think he looks fantastic apart from the shininess on his face that hides/distorts his facial features. But I'm assuming that won't be as big an issue in-hand.

Yeah he looks better there, a standing pose looks pretty poor but action pose much better.

As Karamazov says though the face is a little off...doesn't look like much definition in the features.
In some poses he looks ok & REALLY angry in others you can barely make out the lines & features

He will probably be great in hand & I'm just blowing smoke but at the moment I really don't know.

Yeah, I see what you guys mean from those pics, but am hoping it's just difficult to photograph.
I have the Kidslogic Megatron and the face is completely chromed. It is almost impossible to photograph well because of this, but looks great in hand. Perhaps it's a similar thing going on here? I think this is where a video review will give us a better idea.

I decided to take the risk of bad QC and order this before any reviews................ mainly due to this video (watch right to the end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0PszcYhjMM

The thought of that in my Megs display makes me giddy :) Hopefully we will know if this is a hit or a miss very soon !!!

Bob

Yeah, I see what you guys mean from those pics, but am hoping it's just difficult to photograph.
I have the Kidslogic Megatron and the face is completely chromed. It is almost impossible to photograph well because of this, but looks great in hand. Perhaps it's a similar thing going on here? I think this is where a video review will give us a better idea.

I decided to take the risk of bad QC and order this before any reviews................ mainly due to this video (watch right to the end)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0PszcYhjMM

The thought of that in my Megs display makes me giddy :) Hopefully we will know if this is a hit or a miss very soon !!!

Bob

Yeah I think it's just the curse of the lighting making it look off.

I reckon I'll still get one anyway...we all NEED him, it's not like Tracks or G2 Sideswipe or Gold Bumblebee or Exhaust that Takara seem to think we need at the expense of the 2nd most important character in Transformer history Megatron is almost as important as oxygen to TF fans yet only X-Transbots have attempted to do a rescaled MP one...still surprises me to this day

Anyway was looking & I can still get orders in at Masterforce & Transbridge so I'm good.

TheCorsair,

Have you seen Transbridge are taking orders for the 3P Sunstreaker?
Quite reasonable as well at £57

Omnigonix OX-01 Spinout - TFs Express

Neil

Do you know what I'm suddenly more than a little underwhelmed by Megatron.
I don't know what it is but in those pictures he just doesn't look that good...there really is something I can't put my finger on but all of a sudden he looks off.

It's probably just my crappy eyes making him seem off.

Neil

Oof, yeah. I think I know what it is. Stumpy, shorter than Optimus, wide legged and kind of a diaper thing going on. His proportions just aren't as good and powerful as the other Cons, and it's all from the waist down that it goes wrong.

In other news....137. Shipped.:panic: Would take pictures of Hexatron himself but his sexy black really does not make him want to show up well in pictures, and flash ruins everything so no. :lol Someone else's pic it is for now! GREAT figure though, absolutely smashing, and the stealth colorscheme looks killer on him!

Also got some Dr Wu shoulder launchers for Prowl along with it. My Prowl is finally complete! :yess:

Attachments

• 14188258969_8ef5f261e3_o.jpg
    14188258969_8ef5f261e3_o.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 269
Back