ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Reinhardt....but I definitely think that THIS grimlock is on point with what FT is putting out specially since the only problem I saw with Grimlock was his size....this KO corrects that and makes it THAT much better....what do you guys think?

TF-Direct20MP-08X03_zps71b70d37.jpg

TF-Direct20MP-08X02_zps2ad9301b.jpg

That has me very interested. As the other Dibots fit in with the original MP08 aesthetic, I would have no qualms about investing in this figure providing the quality is up to spec. Size and proportions look bang on :)
I think I'm giving up on the notion of going full on size accurate as leaning toward Fanstoys Snarl rather than Gigapower now; mainly due to space. However, I'm debating holding off until the inevitable repaint comes along. God knows why they haven't rleased the variants together so we have options:( don't want to buy sever now when I have Scoria metalic version on PO...

Last edited:

EDIT
It looks like MakeToys are jumping on the MP bandwagon,

Two of those are clearly Hound and Inferno, but not sure on the first one, maybe an interpretation of Chromedome with a real world alt mode?

It'll be intresting to see how these look at prototype stage as MakeToys haven't yet done anything in this style.

Inferno is a great choice as it's a different scale to the regular cars and will likely never be done by Takara.

Hound is a riskier choice as it has to be in contention for an official release at some point. It will have to be as good as Hasui's cars....which is not easy.

Chromedome ( if that's what it is ) is an odd choice and one I'd probably not be intrested in but it's still cool to see someone doing a character like that in MP style.

I only have MakeToys Swerve and Gears set and they're really good quality so I'm optimistic as to how these will turn out.

A great digibash of the Insecticons,

EDIT
It looks like MakeToys are jumping on the MP bandwagon,

Two of those are clearly Hound and Inferno, but not sure on the first one, maybe an interpretation of Chromedome with a real world alt mode?

It'll be intresting to see how these look at prototype stage as MakeToys haven't yet done anything in this style.

Inferno is a great choice as it's a different scale to the regular cars and will likely never be done by Takara.

Hound is a riskier choice as it has to be in contention for an official release at some point. It will have to be as good as Hasui's cars....which is not easy.

Chromedome ( if that's what it is ) is an odd choice and one I'd probably not be intrested in but it's still cool to see someone doing a character like that in MP style.

I only have MakeToys Swerve and Gears set and they're really good quality so I'm optimistic as to how these will turn out.

I am all over those Insecticons like a cheap suit.
They look almost perfect to me & as Takara seem less inclined to do these I need them in a line up.

Those Make Toys look impressive from the silhouette.
I was wondering who the top one was too & the first one that sprang to mind was Chromedome, I can't think of anyone else who has a head like that.

Hope we hear more & see some prototypes soon.

Speaking of Badcube does anyone know the cheapest place now for Brawny?
I'm thinking I should have got him but Kapow are sold out.
Transbridge have him for £65 but looking to see if there's a cheaper option first.

Looking like 2015 is going to be a fantastic TF year all round...3rd parties are smashing it at the moment, just hope Takara get their collective fingers out & follow through with the rumours.

Neil

I am all over those Insecticons like a cheap suit.
They look almost perfect to me & as Takara seem less inclined to do these I need them in a line up.

Those Make Toys look impressive from the silhouette.
I was wondering who the top one was too & the first one that sprang to mind was Chromedome, I can't think of anyone else who has a head like that.

Hope we hear more & see some prototypes soon.

Speaking of Badcube does anyone know the cheapest place now for Brawny?
I'm thinking I should have got him but Kapow are sold out.
Transbridge have him for £65 but looking to see if there's a cheaper option first.

Looking like 2015 is going to be a fantastic TF year all round...3rd parties are smashing it at the moment, just hope Takara get their collective fingers out & follow through with the rumours.

Neil

MakeToys are potentially a great addition to the 3rd party companies doing Masterpiece figures. They've done some great stuff in very contrasting scales eg Metroplex and the IDW Minobots and their build quality is excellent.

The only question mark I have is whether they can nail the G1 Masterpiece aesthetic to the same level as Fans Toys or Badcube, we'll know once they reveal the grey prototypes.

£65 is probably going to be the cheapest option for Brawny in the UK. In my experience Transbridge are usually slightly cheaper than Kapow although the wait time on pre-orders is a little longer than hence the reason I haven't got my FT Swoop yet.

So far my 2015 Transformers buying is looking like this,

Definite
Fans Toys Snarl and Reflector ( already paid for Swoop and Perceptor in full and have paid a deposit on Snarl )
Badcube Warpath & Insecticons

Subject to final quality,
X-Transbots Megatron
Omnigonix Sunstreaker
MMC Mirage
MakeToys Inferno and Hound

MakeToys are potentially a great addition to the 3rd party companies doing Masterpiece figures. They've done some great stuff in very contrasting scales eg Metroplex and the IDW Minobots and their build quality is excellent.

The only question mark I have is whether they can nail the G1 Masterpiece aesthetic to the same level as Fans Toys or Badcube, we'll know once they reveal the grey prototypes.

£65 is probably going to be the cheapest option for Brawny in the UK. In my experience Transbridge are usually slightly cheaper than Kapow although the wait time on pre-orders is a little longer than hence the reason I haven't got my FT Swoop yet.

So far my 2015 Transformers buying is looking like this,

Definite
Fans Toys Snarl and Reflector ( already paid for Swoop and Perceptor in full and have paid a deposit on Snarl )
Badcube Warpath & Insecticons

Subject to final quality,
X-Transbots Megatron
Omnigonix Sunstreaker
MMC Mirage
MakeToys Inferno and Hound

Yeah I love seeing new 3rp parties getting involved like this.

I suppose it does all depend on how they do them, Hound is quite blocky so might be ok but their Inferno up there looks like he could be really tough to mold correctly.
I really cannot wait for the Proto's to appear.

I did think that would be the case so will probably get an order in for him soon.

My 2015 buying line up for TF's is very lackluster at the moment
I've stretched myself a bit too thinly with my statue buying lately & my TF budget has taken a massive hit because of it.
I definitely need to do some selling to get back on track now as I want the FT Dinobots now too.

Why won't those blasted lottery numbers come in ;) lol

Neil

I'm really not feeling those MakeToys figures at all at a the moment. i know they are just silhouettes at this stage but Hound in particular looks bad as his shoulders are too low just like the original toy. I would have thought he would have had better proportions in the modern age.

Hoping the insecticons are in scale to the other MPs, are of quality, and not too expensive. (Not asking too much!) Outside of the standard G1 essentials, I always loved the insecticons and constructicons.

it is a risk to do Gun Dog....considering he was part of the original G1 transformers and I really think Takara will make him soon....possibly see something that will come in 2016...

I will however reserve any judgment based on the silhouette and wait to see the actual figure in all its colorful glory...:)

Yeah I love seeing new 3rp parties getting involved like this.

I suppose it does all depend on how they do them, Hound is quite blocky so might be ok but their Inferno up there looks like he could be really tough to mold correctly.
I really cannot wait for the Proto's to appear.

I did think that would be the case so will probably get an order in for him soon.

My 2015 buying line up for TF's is very lackluster at the moment
I've stretched myself a bit too thinly with my statue buying lately & my TF budget has taken a massive hit because of it.
I definitely need to do some selling to get back on track now as I want the FT Dinobots now too.

Why won't those blasted lottery numbers come in ;) lol

Neil

I think the problem anyone else attempting Masterpiece style figures has is that the aesthetic is so well established now that there's very little margin for error.

Recent near misses include,

KFC Citizen Stack ( The robot mode proportions were better than MP22, but its still too big and overly detailed to be a proper fit.)

KFC Transistor ( A great looking design, but the metallic red paint kills it. For something designed to fit in with Masterpieces where accuracy to the G1 toys/animation/comic art is the priority it was a stupid choice. )

DX09 Invisible ( Looks too much like an oversized Classics Mirage in robot mode. )

X-Transbots Krank & Stax ( The real world truck modes look nice but the robot modes have the whole heroic proportions thing going on which doesn't work for those characters. )

It's difficult to say where the MakeToys ones will fall until we see proper images but for now I'll stay optimistic.

There's always too much good stuff to buy and not enough cash, I think we could all do with a Lottery win :lol

BTW did you get your Bumblebee extras OK?

So I got my Scoria in today - friggin' awesome and Fans Toys has me hooked (Soar comes Friday, Sever is on order).

I've been reading about replacement shoulders - I got mine off some ebay shop, do I need to get them from him or is there another avenue?

What do you guys think looks better between the fanstoys and gigapower snarl?

It'll be interesting to see in-hand pics and reviews of the Gigapower Snarl. Personally, I'm sticking with FansToys. Scoria and Soar turned out awesome and I'd rather have all the Dinobots from the same line.

sharing some pix of my current MP Autobot line up

DSC08804_1.jpg

964ae578-0401-49f4-a45e-95004c542876.jpg

DSC08808_1.jpg

-MP bumble bee , spike in exo suit with Fantoys Trailer and roller

DSC08806_1.jpg

-MP01 Prime still for me- the best version

DSC08807_1.jpg

DSC08810_1.jpg

K
I think the problem anyone else attempting Masterpiece style figures has is that the aesthetic is so well established now that there's very little margin for error.

Recent near misses include,

KFC Citizen Stack ( The robot mode proportions were better than MP22, but its still too big and overly detailed to be a proper fit.)

KFC Transistor ( A great looking design, but the metallic red paint kills it. For something designed to fit in with Masterpieces where accuracy to the G1 toys/animation/comic art is the priority it was a stupid choice

Stack was way too big I agree and isn't a particularly great fit if you're looking for consistency in the MP line however, unless you've had Transister in hand, I don't think you can say the red is a bad choice; for from it it a beautiful colour and it compliments (Soundwave) in particlular very very well.

I was tempted to get Transistor at one point but I didn't think the metallic red worked with Takara's masterpieces. I also didn't like the hip/thigh design on Transistor either as it just differed too much from the animation model.

What do you guys think looks better between the fanstoys and gigapower snarl?

No contest. Fans Toys all the way for reasons I've stated earlier in the thread.

MPCanes,
Congrats, have fun opening everything!

Wanderer,
The point I was making is that for a toy that's meant to fit in with the official Masterpieces it's deviating from the original source material in a pretty major way. The metallic red is very striking but G1 Blaster has no precedence for having that type of finish.

Misterscruff,
Aside from paint thing I think Transistor's design is pretty good but FT have said they're still doing their Blaster somewhere down the line and that it'll be improved from the old prototype so I'll hang on for that.

Nightwing,
Nice collection!

Sorry, but that is your opinion. I prefer everything on the Takara version than the KFC. Only thing that bothers me is the panel behind the legs which could have been made to fold on itself.

But for my taste, the KFC is too skinny.

Sorry, but that is your opinion. I prefer everything on the Takara version than the KFC. Only thing that bothers me is the panel behind the legs which could have been made to fold on itself.

But for my taste, the KFC is too skinny.

Well, of course it's his opinion. Just like FT over GIGA's Dinos (which no one knows how great they are yet, as they haven't been released).

I also believe Takara's Magnus craps all over that skinny looking thing they call Stack. That thing is hideous in robot mode, not so much in alt, as I think that's its strongest look. Still, doesn't hold a candle against Takara's.

As far as Giga, well, I'm waiting to see some in hand reviews, and why not, but and support the effort. IF there's something wrong or something I don't like, then back it goes. FansToys also had to start somewhere. I just can't get behind FT's Dinos look TBH, I really think they are too small for what they are trying to represent. Again, of course, that's solely my opinion.

Back