ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DPrime,
I want to believe it'll turn out good but the QC issues on some of XTB's other figures is still putting enough doubt in my mind over Appolyon to wait for in hand reports.

The Kronos debacle also leads me to exercise extra caution over anything that recieves quite so much hype....unless I'm damn sure the company behind it will deliver.

Only two 3rd parties have that kind of reputation with me and XTB is not one of them.

I read recently that a company is doing an oversized KO of Hegemon but that won't be an effective stand in as it was never designed with the Masterpiece aesthetic in mind.

I think Takara will make one eventually but with MP10 having been out since September 2011 it is getting increasingly strange why they haven't yet done so.

isn't someone doing a KO of the MP Grimlock except it will be more in scale?...I thought I saw that somewhere...can anyone provide pics or the site of where it can be ordered?...thanks

A couple of quick pics of my Kidslogic Megatron.
Great little figure and includes diecast unlike the Kidslogic prime.

The moterized Fusion Cannon is great.

Nice little addition to my Megs display :)

Bob

isn't someone doing a KO of the MP Grimlock except it will be more in scale?...I thought I saw that somewhere...can anyone provide pics or the site of where it can be ordered?...thanks

I read something about that quite a while back but I don't know if it actually happened or not.

With Fans Toys definitely doing a completely new Grimlock the oversized KO of MP08 seems a bit pointless as all that'll do is make it a bit taller, all the other proportions will still look off and the inclusion of various gimmicks will still have an adverse effect on how solid the figure feels.

SilentBob,
Nice pics! I will be getting Kidslogic Megatron at some point during the year. It's worth it just for that fusion cannon.

Really curious to what FansToys will do with Grimlock. It's just hard for me to imagine any way that they can improve on him, other then making him bigger, getting rid of the gimmicks and giving him a more cartoon accurate head. But we'll see, these guys are fantastic designers and probably have a trick or two up their sleeve.

Really curious to what FansToys will do with Grimlock. It's just hard for me to imagine any way that they can improve on him, other then making him bigger, getting rid of the gimmicks and giving him a more cartoon accurate head. But we'll see, these guys are fantastic designers and probably have a trick or two up their sleeve.

For the most part I think that's all they need to do.

Increasing the height and bulk of the robot mode and redesigning the shoulders to look more in line with Scoria and Sever should give it a noticeably different look to MP08 and losing at least some of the gimmicks will benefit the toy because the tail wagging and neck turning ones directly contributed to the floppy feel of the dinosaur mode....Grimlock needs to feel as solid as the other members of the team.

The snapping dinosaur jaws could stay as could the eye color change gimmick as they didn't compromise anything else although I expect the latter to be left out so FT can release a cartoon and a toy version to get more use from the mold.

With no electronics on the actual toy FT have a little bit of extra room to work with so maybe there's something in the transformation that could be tweaked but I expect most of it to be the same as MP08 as that was one of the mold's strengths. There's no point making it any more complicated just for the sake of doing so.

In addition to the sword and gun I'd like a diecast crown to be included as an extra, maybe a beer mug like that 3rd party one someone did for MP08 as well.

Silent Bob,
Kidslogic are pretty handy with lights, they just made Prime's eyes borderline dangerous :lol

franpincho,
I would love to see FT tackle Devastator. They stick so strictly to the scale chart that all the Constructicons would be around the same height as the Seeker mold in robot mode. Which would make Devastator BIG.

I reckon they'd have to forego their usual use of diecast because it would affect the weight and stability of the fully combined robot but I wouldn't have a problem with that as it's not like they use crappy plastic.

TFC's Hercules is a good starting point, FT would just need to change the aesthetic and size of the robots to fit better with the Masterpiece line.

What they don't need to do is follow the animation so strictly that it turns out like this thing,

The above perfectly illustrates why that stupid cliche about something "looking like it walked out of the TV screen" should never be applied to Transformers.

Good for you thecorsair, no one picked up on your preferences with your load of other stupid posts. :lol

Thanks Reinhardt....but I definitely think that THIS grimlock is on point with what FT is putting out specially since the only problem I saw with Grimlock was his size....this KO corrects that and makes it THAT much better....what do you guys think?

TF-Direct20MP-08X03_zps71b70d37.jpg

TF-Direct20MP-08X02_zps2ad9301b.jpg

yea the size is cool... but would have to see it next to the other fans toys dinos... it almost looks like it might be TOO big now to scale with those?? :dunno

FansToys Dinos are really all not that big in size. That's what's stopping me from buying them.

Personally, I think GIGA 's offerings are spot on. But let's see how they come out, waiting on reviews.

Oversized MP08 KO is an easy pass.

It's taller but the rest of the robot mode proportions are still off and as a direct ripoff of the official figure all the lame gimmicks will still be present so the dinosaur mode will still feel floppy and cheap which again, will make it stand out for the wrong reason amongst the FT Dinobots.

FT are designing theirs from scratch and will improve on MP08's aging design, I can wait until theirs is ready to go.

Also, keep in mind that Fans Toys will make changes that will have more toon aesthetic (based on Scoria, Soar, and Sever). For sure, the neck will be solid gold chrome (not translucent), and based on the silhouette of their Grimlock, the shoulders in bot mode will sit much lower on the body than MP-08. Hopefully they finish the line of dinobots in the next 18 months!

Back