ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must-Haves are in the eye of the beholder. For me, I go by who I liked as a kid from the TV show. So Soundwave, Prowl, Bumblebee, etc. are my favorites, while I've skipped Rodimus and Ultra Magnus.

I pretty much only collect the characters that were my favorite as a kid. Soundwave & cassettes, Wheeljack, Bumblebee, and Dinobots so far. There are others that have been tempting though. I wish there were more Decepticon figures out--I'd love to see the Insecticons get made.

Just got mp11 starscream and mp grimlock and i was wondering what everyone thought about either of the figures? I think they look great imo but not sure what the general consensus is on the two figures since i'm new to this line lol so what're your guys thoughts on them???

Also i was wondering what figures are a "must-have" in this line? besides mp10 optimus of course lol

I digg starscream and grimlock comic version grimlock in peticular (MP-08X) I feel both could be updated tho,there has been slight advances in the latter MP's. As far as must have's for me its just about everyone from MP10 on. Id def get at least one character from each mold Prowl,Smokescreen or Silverstreak(Datsun),then Sideswipe and Red Alert(Lambo),Wheeljack(Lancia),Bumblebee G1 or G2(Bug),Soundwave and all the tapes and Ultra Magnus.

Here is a link to everything Masterpiece-->The Transformers: Masterpiece - Transformers Wiki

Well tracks and IronHide are pretty much confirmed.....(also Ratchet)

Confirmed where exactly?
I'm still yet to see a reliable source.

The ones I trust the most at the moment would be Big Bad Toy Store as they had some of the cars up for order before official announcements & they turned out to be true...until it's official or on there it's all a load of ol' hooey

Also i was wondering what figures are a "must-have" in this line? besides mp10 optimus of course lol

Depends on how you feel about the line
IMO everyone is a must have they are all great, but I would say most peoples must haves would be favourite characters first & then go from there.

Neil

Confirmed where exactly?

The ones I trust the most at the moment would be Big Bad Toy Store as they had some of the cars up for order before official announcements & they turned out to be true...until it's official or on there it's all a load of ol' hooey
Neil

:exactly:

Without an official teaser silhouette or prototype image to back any of these claims up it's all bollocks.

BBTS are the only retailer that's been right so far and I'm guessing Takara have probably plugged that leak.

Whyee,
MP11 Starscream = IMO the best G1 Starscream currently available.

MP08 = A nice toy but one that's showing it's age as it's too small in robot mode to scale correctly with anything after MP09/MP10 which is when the line was rebooted with the emphasis on consistent robot mode scale.

It still works well in dinosaur mode with Fans Toys Dinobots but the robot mode is too small and lacking in bulk.

When they have done Sludge Fans Toys are making their own version of Grimlock and at this point there's little doubt that it will make MP08 obsolete....just look how good their other Dinobots are.

So enjoy MP08 for now, but be prepared to want to upgrade in a year or so.

Must haves
Anything from MP10-21 although MP10 only has a nice truck mode.

Must ignore ( unless you specifically like any of them )
MP01-07
MP09, MP22-24
G2 Bumblebee
Black repaints of anything except Sideswipe

3rd party Masterpieces that're must haves,

All Fans Toys figures
All Cubex/Badcube Minibots

Keep an eye on MMC's Sphinx ( Mirage ) and Omnigonix Spinout ( Sunstreaker ) as they're also looking very good.

Looks like there are serious paint issues with the Cubex Huffer, so folks may want to take caution with that one. I was going to get him, and decided against it when I saw how many problems folks were having.

:exactly:

Without an official teaser silhouette or prototype image to back any of these claims up it's all bollocks.

BBTS are the only retailer that's been right so far and I'm guessing Takara have probably plugged that leak.

Whyee,
MP11 Starscream = IMO the best G1 Starscream currently available.

MP08 = A nice toy but one that's showing it's age as it's too small in robot mode to scale correctly with anything after MP09/MP10 which is when the line was rebooted with the emphasis on consistent robot mode scale.

It still works well in dinosaur mode with Fans Toys Dinobots but the robot mode is too small and lacking in bulk.

When they have done Sludge Fans Toys are making their own version of Grimlock and at this point there's little doubt that it will make MP08 obsolete....just look how good their other Dinobots are.

So enjoy MP08 for now, but be prepared to want to upgrade in a year or so.

Must haves
Anything from MP10-21 although MP10 only has a nice truck mode.

Must ignore ( unless you specifically like any of them )
MP01-07
MP09, MP22-24
G2 Bumblebee
Black repaints of anything except Sideswipe

3rd party Masterpieces that're must haves,

All Fans Toys figures
All Cubex/Badcube Minibots

Keep an eye on MMC's Sphinx ( Mirage ) and Omnigonix Spinout ( Sunstreaker ) as they're also looking very good.

Of course all of that is just one person's opinion! LOL!! For must-haves, it's never a right or wrong answer, and all comes down to your own personal preference and characters that you like. All I can say is, make up you own mind based on your own likes/dislikes!

Confirmed where exactly?

Neil

It's been posted here.
Looks like tracks... And ironhide Later in the year.

New Transformers Product Details From Hong Kong Event - Titan Devastator, Reisssues, Masterpiece - Transformers News - TFW2005

Well if that is true then I'm over the moon not only do I love Tracks (one of my fave cars as a kid) but the G1 Re-issues have made me hyper excited...Trypticon, Coneheads, Blitzwing & Astrotrain set, Perceptor & Blaster?? couldn't ask for a more impressive re-issue line up

I am literally going to go to pieces if they all come to fruition.

2015 could be the year I officially go bankrupt ;) lol

Neiil

Confirmed where exactly?

Depends on how you feel about the line
IMO everyone is a must have they are all great, but I would say most peoples must haves would be favourite characters first & then go from there.

Neil

Chinese websites have them for pre-order and a takara interview was posted yesterday confirming Tracks

Simple research can find info whether rumor or not..

Chinese websites have them for pre-order and a takara interview was posted yesterday confirming Tracks

Simple research can find info whether rumor or not..

Noted & I didn't mean to upset you by doubting you but there's been so much chucked about recently it's hard to pin down any of it.

Like Pro-Design1 did you could have just as easily quoted the source & added a link would have saved some doubt

I'll look forward to the full proto reveals but I think Takara need to get on it quick otherwise with the next 3 releases being fairly lacklustre (Star Saber, Exhaust & repaint 'Bee aren't exactly top of my wanted list) I think they might start losing the momentum they had built up recently.

Neil

Looks like there are serious paint issues with the Cubex Huffer, so folks may want to take caution with that one. I was going to get him, and decided against it when I saw how many problems folks were having.

I must have got lucky as I've had Huffer since release and the only issue is a tiny scratch on one thigh.

Badcube have said that they would like to rerelease Huffer at some point but it will require new molds as their old factory kept the original ones. If they do it I'll buy another one and keep the original in alt mode.

koolkollectibleskhai,
Well spotted Sherlock :rolleyes:

Of course that was just my opinion, it's no more or less valid than anyone else's. Whyee asked for different opinions so I gave mine.

soundwave,
If 2015's Masterpiece lineup is Exhaust, Star Saber, G2 Bumblebee, Tracks, and Ironhide I'll have no trouble staying 3rd party only so I'm pretty much the opposite :lol

Glad you'll be getting some cool stuff though....if the rumors turn out to be true :wink1:

I was thinking about getting exhaust just so i could have more decpticons in my collection even though he wasn't important or noteworthy at all during the show but idk if id want the same mold again since im getting wheeljack soon. Also thanks everyone with helping me out on my suggestions! Pretty sure ill sell my mp grimlock since it seems like fanstoys are going to do a very good job considering their past releases and ill use that money towards apollyon when it eventually comes out:clap

titan devvy confirmed at that same event to... not looking too great, however.

IDW Devastator is indeed Titan class, because it's designed for all ages, do not expect much in terms of individual bot's transformations (complexity i presume). displayed toy looks like a WIP hand-made (or painted) prototype and joints do not seem to move (my guess it's like the combiner wars at SDCC where the joints are hot glued?). for combiner wars, the latter half of the year will feature defensor, but for now they only showed hotspot but doesn't look too interesting. powerglide will have a purple decepticon repaint but dunno what the new name will be. other combiner wars legend class (like powerglide) include warpath and a few others that i couldn't remember. there will be a green repaint for the tank (assuming he's referring to warpath)

I was thinking about getting exhaust just so i could have more decpticons in my collection even though he wasn't important or noteworthy at all during the show but idk if id want the same mold again since im getting wheeljack soon. Also thanks everyone with helping me out on my suggestions! Pretty sure ill sell my mp grimlock since it seems like fanstoys are going to do a very good job considering their past releases and ill use that money towards apollyon when it eventually comes out:clap

i'm planning to wait for the ko's and then get some black dye, and re-do them in all black.

MP Vehicons!

I'm getting everything that is Takara MP related.

I love Transformers period. As a kid I wanted every single one regardless of which character was my favorite. That hasn't changed.

Bring out freaking Whirl for all I care! I'll buy him!

I must have got lucky as I've had Huffer since release and the only issue is a tiny scratch on one thigh.

Badcube have said that they would like to rerelease Huffer at some point but it will require new molds as their old factory kept the original ones. If they do it I'll buy another one and keep the original in alt mode.

koolkollectibleskhai,

Of course that was just my opinion, it's no more or less valid than anyone else's. Whyee asked for different opinions so I gave mine.

soundwave,
If 2015's Masterpiece lineup is Exhaust, Star Saber, G2 Bumblebee, Tracks, and Ironhide I'll have no trouble staying 3rd party only so I'm pretty much the opposite :lol

Glad you'll be getting some cool stuff though....if the rumors turn out to be true :wink1:

If that's the 2015 MP lineup looks like I picked a good year to play catch up :) - I'll go with Ironhide and Tracks, no thx on the rest.

The Rumor is Takara is not releasing a G1 Megatron anytime soon...it's going to be Galvatron and or a stupid Tank version....I would jump on Appolyon just in case

I'm not jumping on that until reviews come. XTransbots doesn't have the best rep...

If Takara keeps delaying, someone else will just do one, anyway... Hopefully FansToys! :)

koolkollectibleskhai,

soundwave,

Yeah, I got lucky too. Still, I think I'm going to have to do the ol' Future polish job on him to make sure it doesn't flake in the future.

I mean, I've had him since release now, but I barely handle him... better safe than sorry! And I agree - he's absolutely a must have. Just try to get one in person if at all possible!

Back