ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fans Toys have revealed another silhouette of a future release.

It's Omega Supreme :yess:

In response to questions on combiners they've said they aren't in their plans for the moment as there'd be issues with load bearing joints at the scale they work at.

So if they could find a way of doing it there would be presumably be no compromises on scale.

I have a question that may have been answered. But I simply don't know the answer yet. I'm a fan of Fans Toys dinobots. Scoria came with masterpiece Grimlock elevator shoes. Is that because Fans Toys are just a bunch of nice thoughtful guys or because they have no plans to make their own Grimlock?

I have a question that may have been answered. But I simply don't know the answer yet. I'm a fan of Fans Toys dinobots. Scoria came with masterpiece Grimlock elevator shoes. Is that because Fans Toys are just a bunch of nice thoughtful guys or because they have no plans to make their own Grimlock?

FT will be making Grimlock but are leaving him until last.

They initially said they weren't sure whether there'd be enough demand so I think that was why they did the shoes for MP-08 but have had a strong enough response to their first Dinobots so they've decided to go ahead with Grimlock.

If I remember right they said the other factor that they had to consider was the possibility of Takara making a new one.

Somebody at FT is very well connected as they knew about the Generations Leader Class Jetfire a year before it was announced so I'm guessing their source has said there's currently no plans for a new Takara Grimlock.

I think Gigapower Dinos look way better than FT's.

Difference is that FT is a proven, reliable brand imo. Gotta wait and see some reviews of Giga's stuff first.

Just saw this posted on BBTS for order! WTH!?!? I had no idea a reissue of MP-5 Megatron would be done, but does this give some hope for a new v2.0 announcement?

Transformers Masterpiece 30th Anniversary Exclusive MP-05 Megatron - Transformers Masterpiece Masterpiece

TAK11976.jpg

Are there people who like that Megatron? I always thought of it as making the best attempt at what is a basically impossible toy (G1 show accurate and still transforms)… but then I saw Hegemon and clearly it can be done better.

I def don't think it's that great of a figure in terms of how it's put together. It looks great, but the functionality is terrible. If they do end up doing a new MP Megs, I'd be very curious to see how they handle selling it in the States. Orange barrel on it would look horrible.

MP05 wasn't that great on release and these days it's an embarrassing relic of a time when the Masterpiece line was to be frank, a bit crap.

Having said that it's worth considering that that the designer was given just 12 days in which to come up with it.

In which case it could well be one of the greatest achievements in the history of the Transformers franchise.

MP05 was never released officially outside Japan/Asia and I'll be suprised if the new one does either as even if it was packaged in robot mode there's no getting around the fact that it's alt mode will look like a realistic gun.....that Legends one got in under the radar but that's largely because it was so small that it could never be mistaken for an actual firearm.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that a new Generations Leader Class sort-of G1 Megatron is being made as Hasbro will likely view it as the consolation prize for anyone wanting the new Masterpiece at retail outside Asia.

I think MP-05 is pretty underrated. I think it looks better than Hegemon, who is off somehow. Sure, legs are skinny, but that doesn't kill it for me. And I had him displayed a long time and he never tumbled, so the weight issue wasn't a problem for me. The one thing that did bug me (apart from scale obviously) was the Space Rust that affected mine. I even bought some jewelry cleaner to try and fix it, but never got around to it.

All things transformers!!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413200572.262958.jpg

Deposit paid, not going back.

Delayed until the end of October, which is fine with me. I still have to sell a couple of things....

Will definitely be the "Grail piece" for me. I never use that word, tbh. But if something warrants it, this is it.

Last edited:
Back