ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: All things transformers!!!!

View attachment 139286

Deposit paid, not going back.

Delayed until the end of October, which is fine with me. I still have to sell a couple of things....

Will definitely be the "Grail piece" for me. I never use that word, tbh. But if something warrants it, this is it.

How would you define a Grail?

Aside from the Cup of Christ, a grail is defined as "the object of an extended or difficult quest"

What about purchasing this piece has been extended or difficult (aside from the price and minor delays)?

though I only got a few - the TF MP line is the only line i'm currently collecting

-------
MP2.jpg

I got the re-issue of MP sideswipe and yep Takara did change the chinky eyes to regular
robot eyes, I thought that the store gave me the K.O. but was able to confirm it was what Takara
did, maybe to distinguish the first from the second version.

----------
DSC03814.jpg

-----------------------------
c350e1a7-54f4-4b66-bd5c-5b9296463e8d.jpg

How would you define a Grail?

Aside from the Cup of Christ, a grail is defined as "the object of an extended or difficult quest"

What about purchasing this piece has been extended or difficult (aside from the price and minor delays)?

Idk man, it's just a stupid say. Just as the "cup of christ" both just as dumb and make believe.

I have heard so much bad about Megatron 1.0 that I most likely skip this one and wait the possible v 2.0. This just looks too flimsy and somehow not quite right to me. Perhaps it might look better IRL, but I don't know if I should take my chances with that.

most people use "grail piece" inappropriately these days. what they should say, is Centerpiece, or show piece instead, as that's what they mean. another more accurate term would be "crown jewel of the collection"

Being particularly hard to obtain is what makes a grail piece a grail piece.

Hot toys blade could be a grail piece. I say could, becuase he is getting harder to find, but price makes that easier.

A better example ofg a grail piece would be a lucky draw transformer, OR perhaps an old kenner blue snaggletooth for vintage SW collectors.

My big "grail" and pretty much only thing I'd describe that was was Medicom's Manga version of Koroshiya Ichi. It took years of watching eBay to find one. It was a Japanese Convention exclusive of a character that wasn't particularly well known. The movie version of the figure was relatively easy to find but I really wanted the manga version.

Damn Medicom is a nightmare. Their stuff only has a life span of a few years in my experience. I made the mistake of trusting them again and bought two of their Evangelions and they already have some major issues.

Even though the figure was mint in box when I got it, the suit he had disintegrated as soon as it was touched. I later replaced both that and the body but then the second RAH body I used fell apart. So now he's in pieces in a drawer. One of these days I'll do the work to put him back together.

Yeah there are things that are just expensive to get and things that are hard to get. I don't mind the colloquial usage of grail in collecting, which is strange because I'm generally a big stickler for accuracy in language.

My big "grail" and pretty much only thing I'd describe that was was Medicom's Manga version of Koroshiya Ichi. It took years of watching eBay to find one. It was a Japanese Convention exclusive of a character that wasn't particularly well known. The movie version of the figure was relatively easy to find but I really wanted the manga version.

Damn Medicom is a nightmare. Their stuff only has a life span of a few years in my experience. I made the mistake of trusting them again and bought two of their Evangelions and they already have some major issues.

Even though the figure was mint in box when I got it, the suit he had disintegrated as soon as it was touched. I later replaced both that and the body but then the second RAH body I used fell apart. So now he's in pieces in a drawer. One of these days I'll do the work to put him back together.

no kidding. i sold off MOST of my medicom stuff.

I've got a luke jedi and a ROTJ Vader, AND a Maul both whose shoulder and hip joints long ago crumbled to dust.

I've got a Deathnote Light and L I'm afraid to touch

aNd i've got a FMA Edward and alphonse, afraid to touch.

need to get newer bodies for luke, vader, maul, light and L.

I have their Captain Harlock boxed up. I'm terrified to take him back out. I'm sure he's turned to garbage.

Idk man, it's just a stupid say. Just as the "cup of christ" both just as dumb and make believe.

Yes, it is pretty dumb. :slap

I only ask because so far, nothing in my collection qualifies as a Grail. The closest thing would be the MP-05 due to the restrictions in place in Australia (particularly in the state of Victoria).

Most of what I want is readily available, the only thing that makes getting them difficult is my budget! :lol

Yes, it is pretty dumb. :slap

I only ask because so far, nothing in my collection qualifies as a Grail. The closest thing would be the MP-05 due to the restrictions in place in Australia (particularly in the state of Victoria).

Most of what I want is readily available, the only thing that makes getting them difficult is my budget! :lol

Yeah, probably because it's fairly expensive (more than anything "toy related" I've ever bought so far)

Shelling almost a grand for a Prime figure probably makes you say stupid stuff, lol.

Yeah, probably because it's fairly expensive (more than anything "toy related" I've ever bought so far)

Shelling almost a grand for a Prime figure probably makes you say stupid stuff, lol.

Nothing wrong g with using future tense to predict possible grails imo.I don't think there's anything wrong with what you said at all. :dunno

Back