ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All things transformers!!!!

So, I finally got my "loose 2nd version MP09" opened.

First of all, this IS NOT a knock off. It is the real deal. How they got their hands on it, and how it exists I really don't know. Something tells me this guy is/was planned to be reissued, as this mould feels really different.

This thing feels like a tank. Everything just feels right, the backpack attaches and stays in place even if you shake it. He can actually hold his guns as well, but he cant still wrap his hands around them. Everything really stays in place compared to V01 and Hasbro's release. He comes with every single thing the original release came with, except for the box, bio card and instructions.

There's a couple of paint imperfections of the trailer that are really minimal. Nothing to get worked over really.

I haven't transformed him yet, but as sturdy as he feels, I really don't feel that I have to be as careful as I was when he was originally released.

I paid $180 shipped, and I think that was a good deal. Considering how expensive a V02 is now, you are basically paying a little less than the original retail price.

I'd say get it if you need him in your collection of if you are tired of seeing that grey mess Hasbro released (TRU Version) And if you have a V01, sell it loose and get this.

Last edited:
Re: All things transformers!!!!

So, I finally got my "loose 2nd version MP09" opened.

First of all, this IS NOT a knock off. It is the real deal. How they got their hands on it, and how it exists I really don't know. Something tells me this guy is/was planned to be reissued, as this mould feels really different.

This thing feels like a tank. Everything just feels right, the backpack attaches and stays in place even if you shake it. He can actually hold his guns as well, but he cant still wrap his hands around them. Everything really stays in place compared to V01 and Hasbro's release. He comes with every single thing the original release came with, except for the box, bio card and instructions.

There's a couple of paint imperfections of the trailer that are really minimal. Nothing to get worked over really.

I haven't transformed him yet, but as sturdy as he feels, I really don't feel that I have to be as careful as I was when he was originally released.

I paid $180 shipped, and I think that was a good deal. Considering how expensive a V02 is now, you are basically paying a little less than the original retail price.

I'd say get it if you need him in your collection of if you are tired of seeing that grey mess Hasbro released (TRU Version) And if you have a V01, sell it loose and get this.

Awesome bro. I can't wait to get mine either. Should be getting it tomorrow...much cheaper than yours though (I am in china though...). Looking forward to finally owning roddy.

Yet...still wondering what the story is with this figure. Perhaps you're right that he's from a reissue batch that somehow got away from the factory. To support your theory, my friend told me the seller mentioned that stock of MP09 is being trickled to him.

Nonetheless...if he DOES get reissued, gonna get it as well. Even though this is technically the real deal,...it kind of feels...wrong. Also, I still want the box, card and instruction booklet.

You talkin' to me, *******?
https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w552/chockey88/Transformers/IMG_8262_zpsd01ef3ca.jpg[/URL]

Is this guy any sturdier than the normal Rodimus? I /love/ his color scheme and have been thinking about tracking one down.

Is this guy any sturdier than the normal Rodimus? I /love/ his color scheme and have been thinking about tracking one down.

Every part of him is sturdy EXCEPT the aqua coloured knee joints. They are VERY fragile and many snapped on first bend. Mine broke with barely a touch, but luckily Robotkingdom at the time sent me replacement knees straight away.

But I recently bought the new diecast joints from RK specifically made for the MP-9/9B knee joints, and they're on the way. So once I install them (pics will be posted), the figure will be sturdy pretty much everywhere.

Every part of him is sturdy EXCEPT the aqua coloured knee joints. They are VERY fragile and many snapped on first bend. Mine broke with barely a touch, but luckily Robotkingdom at the time sent me replacement knees straight away.

But I recently bought the new diecast joints from RK specifically made for the MP-9/9B knee joints, and they're on the way. So once I install them (pics will be posted), the figure will be sturdy pretty much everywhere.

Let us know how those work, as my TRU version broke as well (knee and shoulder joints) and why not get a spare for that V02 if it ever breaks (which I doubt).

2 quick iPhone pics of the Wheeljack I got today. I'm so impressed with this figure! Tight joints, great transformation, HS, paint, everything is just really well done! Going to take some more pics when I get a little more time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412479270.653339.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412479280.501949.jpg

Nice pics and thats an impressive looking combiner Sharpnel, great detailing even in the rear shots. What figures are those? Not really familiar with them.

Find of the day!!! Thanks to Jason McEvil from Transformers Collectors Club Australia for the tip off!

Big W here in Australia are selling this awesome 8-issue reprint of the original first Transformers comics for $24! Plus it comes with Megatron and Optimus from the 3d puzzle line.

All beautifully printed in pretty high quality covers and paper too! Love this!! :D

Back