Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
who knows. Hipsters would probably love it.

I mean if it came out today It would come out with CGI effects. CGI creatures and ships. so it would look different. Lets just say it had the same actors at that age somehow, the movie would be done the way Prometheus looks today.

the creature would probably look better... or not, CGI Alien.

maybe ALIEN would have the same exact response Prometheus had.

Prometheus proved that if Scott made ALIEN today the creature wouldn't be CG. If Cameron made ALIENS today? Yeah CG Queen. Which would be too bad.

Wonder how this would be recieved if it released now rather than back then.

Poorly, by the ADD, MTV, Z generation... :rotfl

Alien has more going on and more things to grab people's attention. Even the most distracted person would probably be engaged. Aliens? Damn, if it came out today it'd probably be well received too (if we're disregarding technology and cameras, and focus on the story and feelings that the originals had).

Brometheus is a snooze fest. You know what you are in for as soon as you see a big, white dope in a robe doing some **** in a magical river spreading it's DNA. Should have opened with Vickers taking a shower, spreading her DNA.

Agreed about the realistic performances really making this film stand out. You never really got that in sci fi/horror films, and still don't.

the best part of the whole movie

rip12.jpg

Sigourney-Weaver-Ellen-Ripley-Alien-2.jpg
Not many scenes in film that are sexier than this one to me. Don't know why, but it's true.

has anyone watched the anime series called Blue Gender?
reminded me a lot of aliens but with bugs, I think they probably got some inspiration from Aliens. I mean of course it feels just like Starship Troopers, but I remember watching it and feeling like it was an Aliens-based cartoon at times. Specially the suspense.
I don't watch a lot of Anime but this one was really really good. One of my favorite cartoon shows I've watched. (or Anime, I know)

[ame]https://youtu.be/q5RMwWxEsbc[/ame]

Last edited:
maybe ALIEN would have the same exact response Prometheus had.

Not the same, but pretty close. I think it would have gotten slightly better reviews for the dialog. (Not that the dialog in Prometheus was bad in any way.)

has anyone watched the anime series called Blue Gender?
reminded me a lot of aliens but with bugs, I think they probably got some inspiration from Aliens. I mean of course it feels just like Starship Troopers, but I remember watching it and feeling like it was an Aliens-based cartoon at times. Specially the suspense.
I don't watch a lot of Anime but this one was really really good. One of my favorite cartoon shows I've watched. (or Anime, I know)

https://youtu.be/q5RMwWxEsbc

Wrong thread.

ALIEN today wouldn't have the same response Prometheus had since Prometheus is still alive only bcoz it's extremely provocative yet so stupid.

Well, Alien was a very simple film. It knew what it wanted to be, and did it well.

Prometheus jumps all over the place and by the end you STILL don't know exactly what it's trying to do.

Bcoz it has no script, just some concepts/ideas edited by delusional Ridley and smashed together.
It's not even a movie in a logical sense.

It's a movie. It's just a movie with 3 different genre's and 20 different idea's smushed together.

It does have a narrative...but it's bogged down by useless crap.

It's a cool story. Just not handled that well. Mostly due to the editing. IMO.

What are you looking for? Giger stuff or just other prints, like Mondo silkscreen stuff or other artists inspired by giger?

Nothing too expensive, just more artistic than the theatrical posters themselves. Thanks for the links. Obviously those are "ALIEN" specific, are you aware of any that exist for ALIENS or Prometheus, whether they be creatures or MONDO type prints or even along the lines of what various artists like Herry Vandestelt do for Star Wars and Lord of the Rings?

Prometheus jumps all over the place and by the end you STILL don't know exactly what it's trying to do.

Speak for yourself. I found Prometheus to be extremely straight forward. Scientists journey into space in search of answers about life and instead find mostly death. Its artistic and beautiful but still just a movie about people trying to stay alive when they encounter nasty things in space. The end. Not really that hard to figure out.

Back