Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alien is absolutely the classic of the series (obviously there wouldn't be a series without it) but I prefer Aliens and Prometheus over it.

I actually agree with this. For some reason Alien bores me. :dunno

I don't hate it, and can appreciate it. It's just not my cup of tea. I would much rather kick back and watch it's sequel.

I love Alien. Easily the best in the series and a classic.

Alien-Classic
Aliens- Really over rated but OK if a bit silly.
Alien 3- Not terrible but not needed.
Resurrection - A$$

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I concur with your findings. But I also have a soft spot for Alien3.
And I like Aliens quite a lot.

:monkey3

But I also have a soft spot for Alien3.

Randomly enough Prometheus actually makes Alien 3 finally somewhat feasible. Until now there had always been that gigantic plothole of the "magic egg" appearing on the Sulaco with no possible way for the Queen to lay it or it to appear.

But the "black goo" from Prometheus that is now assumed to be dripping in some form off the creatures themselves could theoretically have caused an egg to hyper-evolve or grow with little conventional rationale.

I prefer. . .Prometheus over it.

huv8sc7.jpg

Brometheus over Alien? You can't be serious.

THIS TIME YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR KHEV.

Alien is at the very top of the Sci-Fi horror heap. It blew everything out of the water in it's time and to this day is still miles ahead of the game. Even Scott can't top it. Lightning in a bottle. Personally, it's my absolute favorite horror film!

Thanks for starting this so I don't have to ruin all the other Alien-themed threads out there for not comparing as well. :rotfl

I dig the slow burn, and feel its almost a dying art. I mean, aside from the egg scene, no real terrifying action until the chestburster at about an hour in. And then all hell breaks loose! Also, I actually cared about most of the characters. They had depth.

There's a start, but I'm on my phone, and have company right now. ;)

Back