ALIEN ReAction 3 3/4 inch Figures (based on Kenner Prototypes)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool figures, but $20 each!? :( That just took the wind out of my sails. Maybe we can get all 5 for a discounted price.

Cool figures, but $20 each!? :( That just took the wind out of my sails. Maybe we can get all 5 for a discounted price.

Really? We should be so lucky to even have these taken from the original Kenner designs. I'll happily pay that much for these lost vintage grails.

Market for these has got to be pretty small. They have to try and turn a profit. I don't want em, but happy for all those that do.

There's really no point comparing these to the NECA figures because they are totally different products marketed to very different collectors. There'll be far fewer of Super7's figures made, which increases the unit cost. I think they look great, and $20 is actually cheaper than I was expecting considering the price of Super7's other toys. Japanese vinyl figures are made by hand in very small numbers, but don't have much in the way of packaging when compared to factory made figures on full backer cards with bubbles.

Pretty sure I'll end up needing more than one Xeno though, because it looks great. I love hot it's kind of like a mini version of the Kenner 18", complete with extending jaw and glow in the dark skull!

I really dig these, but $20? These should go for $15 tops. Will comic shops carry these because an online shipping charge on top of that $20 would be ridiculous.

Having that said, they look kickass. If by some miracle I have money left over after buying everything else on my want list... I'll likely pick them up.

I see how Super 7 can try to justify the price...a small specialty company selling what they probably consider to be a novelty item and not a toy. They aren't NECA or Hasbro. And if NECA figures are $15 I can see how these would be more expensive. I guess I just wasn't expecting them to be this pricey.

Is it though? I mean 3.75" figures are $10 at retail. 10 more bucks for these little grails is worth it to me.

Yeah, but even if they are off the original designs, it's not like they're were actually made in 1979. Maybe if they were $12 of $15 I'd feel better about buying them...but I'm not paying $100 for 5 new figures. And how do they justify $50 for the glasses?

Then again, I don't understand people paying $75 for those Gentle Giant jumbo Star Wars figures. :dunno

The figures aren't available for order yet but Super7 are having a special now where if you order anything from their website they'll include the Alien catalog for free.

Also, does anyone have any details on the other company that's supposed to be re-releasing the big old Kenner Alien? The company name or any details?

https://blog.super7store.com/free-alien-catalog-while-supplies-last

ALIEN REACTION FIGURE CATALOG

Thirty-four years in the making! Get the lowdown on Super7's plans for the ALIEN ReAction Figure line in our "vintage style" catalog! Catalogs will be included for FREE with any purchase made at www.super7store.com - quantities are limited! This offer is valid only while supplies last!

Formatted exactly like the 3 3/4” space-figure booklets of yesteryear, this 12-page catalog features brand new information and photos on all five of the ALIEN ReAction Figures. Much of the catalog text and imagery is adapted from original toy packages and sales materials from the 1979 ALIEN product line, continuing the fun, retro vibe of the ReAction Figures themselves.

8641783368_32e00dcaf9_c.jpg

I'm all over these Alien toys as well as the glasses set.

Hot Toys and such have made me immune to high priced "novelty items".

Too bad my wallet isn't. :wink1:

Back